Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-14, 06:51 PM  
TinaS

New Tonique??

Sylwia posted on instagram that she has a new dvd called Tonique Royale coming out soon. Does anyone have details? I don't Facebook.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-14, 11:23 PM  
LeanneM

Two gals on the Tonique Facebook check-in group have been testing it for Sylwia. They said that it's about 90 minutes (and you have to do the whole thing to be even on both sides ) and it should be out in another week or two.

If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 07:46 AM  
TinaS

Thanks! 90 minutes!! I'll keep an eye out in the Tonique check-in!

Old 10-28-14, 09:00 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
Thanks! 90 minutes!! I'll keep an eye out in the Tonique check-in!
I know -- I was hoping it would be broken up into shorter segments, or at least ones where S. would alternate legs more so that you didn't have to go 45 minutes on one leg (like in Born to Move), but it sounds like it's hard to break up into smaller segments.
Old 10-28-14, 09:09 AM  
TinaS

Premix options would be nice, but don't think that's in Sylwia's vocabulary

Old 10-28-14, 09:25 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinas View Post
premix options would be nice, but don't think that's in sylwia's vocabulary
lol!
Old 11-04-14, 09:00 AM  
momofcha

The download is now available!!! The DVD she said might take a couple of extra weeks. I couldn't wait, so I downloaded it last night and did it this morning. She recommended that instead of doing 30 reps like she does, do 15 and then switch legs - shortens the workout to 45 minutes and makes it much more, um, manageable???

At any rate, I just started returning to tonique after a hiatus so I'm working my way back in. I'm no Cheryl or Sarah, but I dabble in it. The way she mentions to do it I was able to do, and I was a sweaty mess by the end, but I felt good. Not completely wiped out.

I'm looking forward to doing this more often.

It's filmed outside in front of a castle with tourists milling about and at one time a guy jumped into the frame to take a picture of her - it was kinda funny.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 09:23 AM  
Carb8985

Posted this in the Tonique check-in this morning (note that my breakdown is approximate!):

Today I did Tonique Royale!!!!!!!!!! The download became available last night, so I downloaded it and did the first 25 minutes then rewound to do the other side for a 50-minute workout. I did preview the rest of the workout.

I love this new workout! It is different from the other Toniques in that it is very upper body focused. There are still squats and lunges, but the majority of the workout is planks, push-ups, burpees, and downdog moves. I had to take lots of breaks for my arms. It was really hard, and I expect that it will take me a while to build up to all the reps (if I ever make it there!).

As for a breakdown, the main workout is approximately 90 minutes long. There is also a bonus workout that is under 10 minutes (I previewed this and it looks to be some pushup and plank work and some ab work. This will be a great add-on to any of the shorter Toniques to get some extra arm work.).

Warm-up is squats for about 3 minutes.
Lunge variations on one leg for about 5-7 minutes.
Plank/push-up/mat work for about 18 minutes (Sylwia does not alternate sides here).
More lunge variations on same side for 10-15 minutes.
Plank/push-up/mat work for another 10-15 minutes.
Sylwia switches sides at the 43 minute mark.
The workout ends with about 10 minutes of ab work.

This is a long workout. I imagine that I will only do it in its entirety on the weekends and will have to break it up during the week like I did today. I think next time I will break it up after the second set of leg work.

This workout has lots of creative moves. One-legged burpees, handstand to diagonal lunge, etc. Some of these we've seen in the beach workouts or in Femme Fatale, but a lot of them are new.

Sylwia looks gorgeous in this workout. I find it so inspiring that her physique gets better and better with each new release. The setting was also really great. It was funny to see tourists walking by.

All in all, this is a great Tonique to add to the collection. I could see alternating this workout with the more leg-intense Toniques. I can't imagine not getting awesome results in the arms with this workout from all the push-ups and planks. There will also be less butt-cramping in this workout, because there is much less leg work and lots of switching between standing leg work and mat work for the arms. I think that will make this workout a lot of fun and much less dread factor.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 10:00 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for letting us know, gals, and for the great review, Carb8985!

I usually wait to buy DVDs, but I'm so eager to get this that I might just get the download.
Old 11-04-14, 10:47 AM  
mtngoat

Thanks for the review Carb8985!

Is there any cueing in the workout? I looked at the trailer and it didn't appear that there was.

I normally don't do Tonique because lunges aggravate my PF. If this is upper-body focused, I am interested!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique royale