Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-14, 07:04 PM  
KittyKatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
I've only tried one of the newer ones, and I think it was Addicted to Movement - is that the one where she talks about her shadow? I think that was the one, although I guess it could've been Born to Move. LOL! Someone from the Tonique check in will know for sure which one I mean when I talk about the shadow.

I know, no one seems to love Sculpt Dynamics, but I think it's great. I think what I like best is that it's not just endless squat and lunge variations. I like how she switches from move to move and incorporates fun, dancey cardio elements. The dance element is reminiscent of Tracy Anderson's cardio from Metamorphosis and Continuity, and I think some of the arm work Sylwia does in SD is also TA-esque. I'm a TA fan, so I guess things that remind me of her workouts appeal to me. LOL!

Hi! Huge Tonique fan here. Just wanted to say that the shadow workout is Born to Move.
KittyKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 07:18 PM  
shelleyann

So for someone who doesn't love doing high impact, is it even possible to do Tonique? Do you all do the whole dvd or only parts?

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 07:26 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
So for someone who doesn't love doing high impact, is it even possible to do Tonique? Do you all do the whole dvd or only parts?
Yes, you can absolutely do Tonique without the impact. I skip any jumping portions because I run every day and don't want to do more impact. I still love her workouts and there is plenty to do without the impact.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 07:36 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Shelley - You sure can do Tonique without the high impact. Have you ever done Premeir, her first video? If not, that would be a great place to start. Also, I think ATM Addicted To Movement is a good one for her newer ones.

Cheryl
Old 06-24-14, 07:53 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
I highly recommend Tonique Express-they're all about 30 minutes in length and can easily be modified to lower impact. Also Tonque Premiere is a great one to it's chaptered and if you eliminate her cardio/warm-up parts it's relative lower impact.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 07:57 PM  
shelleyann

Tonique Express?? I've never heard of it. Where do you find it?

Thanks Cheryl & also Bee1forfitness I'll look those up.

Erica, you do Tonique? Aren't a lot of the Tonique workouts cardio?? Which ones do you have that you love?

I am intrigued by Tonique, but I really hate high impact, especially suspended high impact and I'm afraid of them...they seem endless and hard!!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
Old 06-24-14, 08:06 PM  
momof10

The Express workouts she is referring to are Sylwia's downloads. She has 5 of them. They are Cardio, Cardio/Sculpt One, Cardio/Sculpt Two, Sculpt One and Sculpt Two. They run anywhere from 16 minutes to about 19 minutes. So they are short. I wasn't sure if you did downloads or not, so I didn't mention them. They are good ones. If you didn't want as much impact you could get Sculpt One and Sculpt Two. Sylwia really doesn't do endless cardio. Her workouts are more lunges and squats which have the cardio effect. Don't be afraid of them.

Cheryl
Old 06-24-14, 08:10 PM  
shelleyann

Great! Thank you. 😊

Old 06-24-14, 08:22 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Tonique Express?? I've never heard of it. Where do you find it?

Thanks Cheryl & also Bee1forfitness I'll look those up.

Erica, you do Tonique? Aren't a lot of the Tonique workouts cardio?? Which ones do you have that you love?

I am intrigued by Tonique, but I really hate high impact, especially suspended high impact and I'm afraid of them...they seem endless and hard!!
Here's a link with some information about Express discussed on our forum
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...=198186&page=2

Also you can go to her website under shop and you can see them all there, they're downloads ranging from 15-20 minutes in length (wanted to make a correction, I initially said these were 30 minutes, I should have said it felt like 30 minutes LOL) here's the link
http://toniquefitness.com/shop/sculpt-two/
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 09:16 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Here's a link with some information about Express discussed on our forum
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...=198186&page=2

Also you can go to her website under shop and you can see them all there, they're downloads ranging from 15-20 minutes in length (wanted to make a correction, I initially said these were 30 minutes, I should have said it felt like 30 minutes LOL) here's the link
http://toniquefitness.com/shop/sculpt-two/
They do feel like 30 minutes. LOL. These are great little workouts. She gets a lot done in that short time, too. I love them. The Cardio/Sculpt Two is also on her Addicted To Movement DVD and it's in her Femme Fatale DVD, too.

Cheryl

Tags
sylwia wiesenberg, tonique