Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-12, 07:57 PM  
Cowgirl32

Ballet Body Signature Series... Leah Sarago..talk to me:)

I know what some of you are thinking. I have been out of the loop too long. And the answer to the question is--yes. However, I am intrigued by this series. I have heard/seen nothing but awesome reviews. This looks lotte berk-esque/pure barre/ etc.. Please give me your feedback!
Old 03-08-12, 09:22 PM  
LaCatrina

I love all three DVDs. They're a bit of all best things barre, plus Leah's twist, so the final product is unique. I did the intermediate rotation for a month and I got great results. If you've tried Leah's stuff I bet you'll love these.

The upper body workout is - 20 something minutes of planks in every style under the sun
Old 03-08-12, 09:30 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post

The upper body workout is - 20 something minutes of planks in every style under the sun
Wow!! I'm not really into barre but the UB workout looked GREAT upon preview at Collage. Sounds super challenging and effective!
Old 03-08-12, 09:48 PM  
trishthedish

All 3 are fabulous. She really hit it out of the park with these.
Old 03-09-12, 01:13 AM  
yahoo205

Leah is thorough, to say the least, and so so innovative.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 07:02 AM  
kariev34

I've had these dvds for about 2 weeks now and have yet to try them as i'm not a huge barre enthusiest. This morning I decided to do the first 20 minutes of the upper body one (following my 45 minute run). All I can say is OUCH! What a great upper body workout! It was challenging but doable and I really felt it in my back, shoulders, and triceps. In fact, I feel like my upper body got a better workout then when I use weights! I'm looking forward to doing the dumbbell portion of this workout and trying the core and leg dvds.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 07:58 AM  
mandie123

My fav is the UB not only did I feel it in my arms but abs really burned the next day.Did 3 weeks rotation,going back to another round soon.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 09:08 AM  
Evelien

I love all three as well ... they are a LOT harder than many other barre workouts (and very different, so it's hard to compare). Mary and Collage both have longer clips up that will give you a good idea of what to expect - in terms of type of exercises, music, and pace of the workout.

I'm not following the DVD rotation, I am just mixing these in with her Ballet Body downloads. I really like the variety of the downloads and easily burn out on workouts if I do them too often. But these DVDs are a great addition. I love her work, it's pretty much all I have done for strength training for over a year () but I just could not be happier with the results.
Evelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 01:01 PM  
kariev34

Ok, so I tried the lower body today for the first time and it nearly killed me! I was saying not nice things to Leah. I did enjoy it and the time flew by. I may not be able to walk tomorrow. My triceps and lats are sore from the upper body workout yesterday. I'm not a barre enthusiast but I like these workouts.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 03:13 PM  
daisysunshine

the thing is - for me, Leah isn't necessarily... barre.
She's. well. Leah. there's barre-esque MOVES - but theres pilates moves, yoga moves, and then something that makes you go o.O? (and it's fantastic).

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, leah sarago