Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-27-22, 09:40 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Carol - Jessica may be my go-to for January, then! I am finding that I'm improving w/ her workouts and even upping my weights a bit here and there, plus i like that I can fit some other stuff in and around her workouts.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 06:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Lift with Cee - 20 Minute Workout #8
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Core Workout - 15 minutes

2 trisets of exercises, each done twice, along with a brief warmup and cooldown/stretch. DS joined me on this as well. As long as he keeps joining me, I'll keep doing these.

JV's Gentle Core Workout has gotten too easy for me. I should have picked something a little tougher.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I took my dog for a walk - it was chilly but nothing like it had been over the weekend. I also did a Yoga with Kassandra practice after work. It was a 35 min slow flow practice. I liked it. I also managed to declutter some Christmas stuff.

Today, so far:

Charlene Prickett - It Figures Season 18 - Low Impact - I think it was Episode 51...I really enjoy Charlene's low impact. It is more intense than a walking workout without jumping or doing anything crazy. They are also filmed outdoors in the mountains. I bought this set on DVD years ago. I'm glad i did. Charlene's stuff sort of disappeared after she retired. I always wished that she or her daughter would have kept it going - but maybe it is for the best after reading about the debacle that Margaret Richard's streaming is these says!

Jessica Smith - 15 min fat blast walk from her 30 day walk set (wanted a little extra cardio - the CP cardio workouts are probably only in the 15-20 min range - they are from 30 min TV shows that i believe were shown on Lifetime in the U.S. back in the day).

CS 1228 - I picked this one based on the date 12/28. I have been neglecting my CS lately and it shows.

Carol - that is good that DS is joining you!! Unless i get bored, which I may - I am thinking of maybe continuing with Charlene into the new year and maybe using Jessica Valent for Pilates/Strength..We shall see..

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-28-22, 06:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Lift with Cee - 20 Minute Workout #7;
This seemed harder than yesterday's workout. Maybe it's just the cumulative effect ...
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Pilates Workout - No Kneeling - 15 minutes
Just what I wanted - something pretty easy.

DS is still joining me for weights. Fingers crossed that we both finish out the week.

Donna - I sure wish Charlene had released the entire set on DVD!

Carol
Old 12-28-22, 09:15 PM  
donnamp

Glad DS is sticking to it, Carol!

I bet it is the cumulative effect....

I found a bunch of Season 17 of Charlene on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isd2mRML6G4&t=7482s

I think there are a few of them out there.

Donna
Old 12-29-22, 03:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - 20 Minute Low Impact Cardio &
Jessica Valant Pilates - Best Scoliosis Exercises and Stretches - 18 minutes

DS and I decided we needed to take a break from Lift with Cee. We'll be back at it tomorrow.

Carol
Old 12-30-22, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to post yesterday, I did:

Caroline Jordan - Total Body Strength for Stronger Bones (30 min)
Caroline Jordan - 10 Min Routine to lower blood sugar quickly (cardio/bodyweight)
Caroline Jordan - Back injury recovery exercises (10 min)
Dog walk
CS 1229

Today, so far:

Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Start Here - Cardio - this is Kelly's beginner workout and it was do-able for me. It was walking based cardio with some light weight exercises thrown in. I really like the concept of her 30 min to fitness series and I like her style of instruction - but for some reason I don't reach for them often. I have a handful of them - maybe I should give them a try? I think at one point I had more of them but traded them. Anyway this one was enjoyable and i may do the companion strength workout from this DVD tomorrow. She also has a number of premixes on this DVD. I could NOT believe when the credits ran that it said this was from 2011!!!

CS1230

Carol - probably a good idea to throw in a day of something different! Are you going to do any of Trifecta Pilates January challenge? I may...I like her but for some reason have a hard time sticking to it. I downloaded the calendar and for the most part the workouts are short, so, in theory, i should be able to stick to it.

Waves, everyone - happy new year!!

Donna
Old 12-30-22, 06:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Lift with Cee - 20 Minute Workout #10;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Juicy Spine Routine - 20 minutes

Cee's workout was filmed outside on a deck with lots of trees in the background (and foreground). Very pretty. DS is still lifting with me.

Jessica's Juicy Spine Routine is a really nice back/upper body stretch. I hadn't done this one before.

Hard to believe it's the end of the year!

Donna - Good workouts! I'm up in the air about Beth's challenge. I may do some of it, but I doubt I'll be very consistent. I'll have an easier time sticking to Jessica's calendar, I think. I like KCM as well. I bought a couple of her newer DVDs last year - maybe Cardio Fit and Power Split? - but haven't done either one of them...

Carol
Old 12-31-22, 03:06 PM  
donnamp

hi everyone,

My workout report for today:

Ellen - Barre Arms (15 min)

Ellen - Bend & Extend - this is a new one on her channel. I liked it very much. I really felt it in my hamstrings (20 min)

Jessica Valent - Mindful Movement - this was a nice Pilates routine to end the year with.

Carol - I did Juicy Spine once before, it is a good one. I find it easier to stick with Jessica, too, more variety. I think Beth is good but I tend to get bored with them.

Happy New Year!

Donna
Old 01-01-23, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Started a new thread!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...36#post2986336