Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-16-22, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone.

Yesterday it rained and was miserable outside so no dog walk, but i did do Ellen's Prayer Flow in the evening after work.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Abs & Arms
Jessica Valent - Thoracic Mobility Routine 10 min

Carol - I probably should also challenge myself more with cardio and strength, but lately, I just don't want to. I'm happy with what I'm doing - but I also do wonder if it is enough....the never ending dilemma.

Waves!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 07:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - 30 Minute Full Body Workout with Weights

Not what Jessica had scheduled, but I had missed her Monday strength workout, so I added a full body strength routine to get "caught up". I used an assortment of weights, mostly 6s and 7s; there were a couple of exercises where I used my 3s and 4s. I'm tired now.

Donna - Nice job! Who knows what is "enough"?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-22, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see - yesterday during the day I accomplished a 1 mile Leslie walk - I did this at lunch time w/ a "virtual" group of co-workers on TEAMS. They do it every Wed and I may join in regularly if I don't have anything scheduled for that time. I also did a short dog walk and Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Stranding Poses in the evening.

Today, so far:

Debra Mazda - Get Stepping - Pre-Mix # 1 - which was 30 minutes of step. I enjoyed it - very upbeat, non-complicated step.

We are having our wood stove replaced today so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do later. I will try to get Jessica V's 15 min low impact HIIT in....but we shall see.

Carol - good job, yes, I don't know what "enough" is either! At the moment, I don't have a ton of energy or desire to do much more than I'm doing. So I'll just keep doing that. I may feel perkier once the days get longer - but that is a bit of a long way off, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-18-22, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't talk myself into walking yesterday - I'm such a cold weather wimp. I do need to get back to it - my doggie enjoys it. But I did do Jessica Valent's All Level HIIT - it is just 15 min so nothing terrible and I did her 10 min stress relief stretch as well.

Today was:

Ellen - Quick Cardio
Jessica Valent - Standing Pilates - I really like this one - it was very well done. I like her teaching style of showing the basic move first and then the options.
Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility Routine

I took the day off today to use up some vacation time - I'm going to attempt to get my house in order so I can enjoy the weekend more!

Carol - Jessica is really hitting the spot for me right now. I wonder is she is going to do some sort of a January challenge? I think for December I'm going to mainly focus on lower key workouts like Ellen - this time of year, I just don't have the energy with the shorter days and cooler weather.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 11-18-22, 07:56 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workout was

Outdoor Walk - 20 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Pilates Workout - No Kneeling! - 15 minutes

No workout out today - I spent the afternoon making beef stew for tomorrow night. It was really cold today for our Grandparents and Special Friends Day. Thank heavens I didn't have to drive a golf cart to shuttle parents and grandparents to and from their cars.

They announced our new head of school this afternoon. They picked the woman, which didn't surprise me. I thought from the start that she might be their choice. As with any decision, not everyone was happy. I look at it like it's my job to help her be successful. I think we're going to have some rough times ahead.

Donna - I seem to remember Jessica mentioning that she would probably do another challenge in January.

Carol
Old 11-19-22, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took my doggie for a longer walk since I had some extra time. I can really get behind the 4 day work week, it is so nice to have a day for "chores" and then 2 days to relax. I wonder if it would really affect productivity all that much if we did go to a 4 day work week. i feel there is a lot of wasted time in the 8 hour work day - no one is productive for that whole time -either in the office or out. And, there is the rule of "the job expands to fill the time" so I am willing to bet you can accomplish as much in 32 hours as you can in 40.

Anyway, I digress.

Today was:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Jessica Valent - Gentle Pilates - Gratitude Focus

Carol - I remember those days at my DD's private school. It was nice! you are doing a great job w/ consistency and Jessica. I think for December I'm going to do a major Ellen focus - and then in January - maybe Jessica Valent and more strength training.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
Old 11-20-22, 09:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me on Saturday. I was just lazy and unmotivated. Usually I walk when I feel like that, but it was too cool and windy to do any outdoor walking.

Maybe today, but first I need to get my motivation back.

Donna - I have also suggested a 4 day teaching week at our school, with Fridays as planning/meeting days for teachers maybe until noon. That would be very unique in our community and I think they (parents) aren't ready for it. Teachers would eat it up and it would give us a hiring advantage. Parents would want to pay 80% of their existing tuition, which, of course, wouldn't work.

Carol
Old 11-20-22, 09:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Stretch Sculpt
Jessica Valent - Pilates Gratitude Workout - this was the more advanced option suggested for this week's Saturday class. It was definitely more advanced that the "gentle" version but it was still doable since Jessica always teaches a base move first before advancing the move so I was able to follow along pretty well at my own pace.

It is going to be super cold today - like not out of the 30's So I doubt I will walk outdoors unless my Golden really motivates me. Maybe I'll try to hop on the treadmill or something, though. We shall see.

Carol - I understand, it is sometimes hard to get moving. I should talk to my boss about doing 4 10 hour days - particularly working from home - this would not be a problem. I don't see us going to a 32 hour work week but i wonder if I could get away with 4 10's and then have an extra day off every week. It may be something I bring up at some point. With working from home it would be very easy since there would be no commute time built in. I'm also the type of person who takes awhile to get started, but once I'm going it is hard to stop so a longer workday would probably work for me.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-20-22, 08:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:

Improved Health - One Month to a Stronger You - Day One - 15 minutes & 1970s Music Workout - 21 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Core Workout - 15 minutes

The Improved Health YouTube channel is one that I have subscribed to for quite a while but had not tried. I really enjoyed both of these workouts and am going to continue with Jules' 15 minute strength series - very basic lifting, not too rushed. Donna, you might like this series to get more strength training in your life.

The 1970s Music Workout was really fun! I recognized every song and some of them were my favorites, like Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive", several Elton John tunes. This workout had no verbal instruction, but did have cues telling you what was coming next. The only drawback was the YouTube ads, but Jules added info at the end explaining that YouTube ads are the trade off for using popular music. Very fun!

Carol
Old 11-21-22, 09:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get any other workout activity in yesterday but I did some light Thanksgiving prep - we are majorly cheating this year and getting the majority of stuff pre-made from Wegmans - so this wasn't a major job! I also did finally put away my summer clothes and pulled out my winter clothes - it was good timing b/c it was freezing yesterday. Today we get back to more normal temps, thank goodness.

Anyway...today's workouts:

Ellen - Focused Flow - this is her new workout for the month - 20 min - basically a mini version of many of her fusion style routines. It has an upbeat feel.

The Girl w/ the Pilates Mat - Standing Pilates w/ Resistance Band & 10 min leg and back stretch routine.

I have subscribed to The Girl w/ the Pilates Mat for a long time, but I'm just delving into her channel. I like the handful of workouts I have done. I believe she does a live workout 2X a week and does a Q&A afterwards. She also puts together a weekly playlist.

I hope to get out to walk today and maybe get something stretchy in this evening.

Carol - I have been a subscriber of Improved Health as well! I will have to look at that collection - it sounds like it would be a good fit for me. I did do that 1970's walk a few weeks ago - it was fun. She has some nice playlists, too.

Hope everyone has a good day - at least it is a short week.

Donna