Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-12, 09:41 AM  
mandie123

exercises for butt lift?

Need suggestions, Doing KB gave me a butt(had none) but now really need to concentrate on exercises to lift (or maybe it's too late)
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 09:47 AM  
suegy3

KB swings should be lifting it but it takes time. One leg dead lifts are good too. There are also exercises that you can do to activate the glutes muscles. There were a few threads about them. I'm sure that someone will chime in with more info. There is a young lady VF'er that has her own site I think it's myomytv and she has a brutal looking butt exercise series. I believe that she also spoke about activating the glutes. She is in amazing shape so I would do whatever she said if I wanted to improve my glutes.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:03 AM  
momofcha

This is what I am trying to focus on as well. I second the kettlebell swings, lots of bridge work as well. That's what I'm doing these days and so far it's working, although it's still a work in progress for me.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:18 AM  
naturallove

Kyra recently linked to an excellent article from Bret Contreras on T-nation. There are some excellent exercises/training protocols and explanations in the article on training the glutes for strength and appearance. Check it out! (Note: The article itself is fine, but the rest of the site may have some NSFW photos.)
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
This is what I am trying to focus on as well. I second the kettlebell swings, lots of bridge work as well. That's what I'm doing these days and so far it's working, although it's still a work in progress for me.
I agree about swings and bridge work. Are there any particular DVDs you could recommend that have good bridge work? I think one, if not both, of the Squeezes? Any other favorites?

I also agree with dead lifts being good for lifting also.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:39 AM  
Missiscipi

Glute activation is key.
I love the MyOmyTV.com workouts. My favorite is the Booty Making Home workout. I do it once per week and it has helped me build a rounder butt. Still got a ways to go but it is improving!

I feel these are pretty effective-
Single leg deadlifts with a heavy weight - 3 sets 12 reps each leg (I use my 45lb kb for this but could do heavier)
1 leg hip thrusters 3 sets 12 reps each leg (I use my high step and club step so I can do it elevated)
Glute bridge work (weighted)
High deficit reverse lunges (I do these off my high step w/5 risers and a 26lb kettlebell 3 sets of 10-12 reps)
Kettlebell swings (heavier the better -I use a 45lb kb for these 2handed or 1 hand I use 35lb)

Also I have been doing Tonique Sculpt Dynamics and feel a good burn back there.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:53 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I agree about swings and bridge work. Are there any particular DVDs you could recommend that have good bridge work? I think one, if not both, of the Squeezes? Any other favorites?

I also agree with dead lifts being good for lifting also.
I haven't done Squeeze in a while - but BB has some great downloads that I do often - Bridge I, Bridge at Wall I & now II, Bridge II, I also use Tonique Premier Mat portion which has some good glute work and a nice bridge segment. hth

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 01:48 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I haven't done Squeeze in a while - but BB has some great downloads that I do often - Bridge I, Bridge at Wall I & now II, Bridge II, I also use Tonique Premier Mat portion which has some good glute work and a nice bridge segment. hth
Yes, thanks. I recently acquired Tonique Premier in a trade but haven't been brave enough to try it. I'll have to check it out soon.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 03:21 PM  
mandie123

I read one of the threads about Bret Contreas(went to Amazon to preorder his book!).I love barre and some of the results from it but recently added KB back as I noticed when I stopped I lost alot of volume that I had gained from them. Rozy, thks for alot of info,I do need to work on adding some deadlifts to my routine.TA did help last year but too much on all fours put my hip out.
I'am going to check out myomytv.com. Tonique, I'am scared of lol
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 04:22 PM  
Sara1000

Not too late! After many years of exercise I am suddenly seeing a rounded butt.

The one workout that seems to have made the difference is Leslie's Belly Buns and Thighs Slimdown from Target (only?). It has those ankle cuffs. I mainly do the short one that comes at the end of the 3 mile walk, whether I do the walk or not. She has another separate floor workout on the DVD but that one seemed awkward with the cuffs.

I also do lots of bridges etc. with Margaret Richard and <shudder> the pretzel from Core Fusion and the occasional barre segment. I was seeing some progress with these but when I added the Leslie with the cuffs I saw a dramatic difference. Got really sore also.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spongebob butt