Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-24, 04:34 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I think I've commented, maybe on another thread, but yes - I am happy to contribute a membership fee.
-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-24, 05:29 PM  
jusca

I would donate to the upgrade and migration fees. I do have dev tech skills on a mobile apps & databases but not php and forum software. All I could add to the discussion is that a paid service to do the work may be more cost and time effective with 100% customer support for any problems. A volunteer project dev would have to be well versed to deal with many possible issues across multiple knowledge domains and platforms--I'd hate to see someone spend a lot of valuable time without compensation.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-24, 06:17 PM  
owltx

Thanks so much PamelaP for herding the kittens on this one! I would really hate to see VF go away; like most of us, it has been such an amazing inspiration in my life.

I can't offer technical help, but I will also help financially to get us upgraded or however else I can help.
Old 01-13-24, 08:53 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Thanks so much PamelaP for herding the kittens on this one! I would really hate to see VF go away; like most of us, it has been such an amazing inspiration in my life.

I can't offer technical help, but I will also help financially to get us upgraded or however else I can help.
Same here!
Old 01-15-24, 12:11 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I am very happy to contribute. I have financial skills (I’m a CPA), but no substantive software skills. Let me know what you need.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-24, 12:27 PM  
sherry7899

I would gladly restart my membership and contribute to an upgrade. Thank you so much KateTT

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-24, 11:19 AM  
wendug

I received my renewal notice email a few days ago. Will my membership funds go to helping a new improved VF? I'm happy to pay if I know it will go towards bettering this site.
Old 01-20-24, 10:48 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I received my renewal notice email a few days ago. Will my membership funds go to helping a new improved VF? I'm happy to pay if I know it will go towards bettering this site.
We haven't started discussing the financial angles yet, but I do expect the current funding setup to carry over to any future upgraded site. So you can renew now if you'd rather, or wait until we've gotten further into the process and have more specific cost information to share with the community. Either option is a valid and helpful choice.

And thank you all for your heartwarming offers of financial and various other types of support. The tech team has just begun discussions, and they and/or I will keep the community apprised as more substantive news becomes available.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-24, 11:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Another who is happy to contribute $, but sadly my tech skills would not be helpful. I'll pay my membership renewal when it comes up.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-24, 02:15 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Mine just came up, and I renewed. 😊

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum issues, vf future, vf site issues