Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-23, 03:10 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Any fitness Plans/Goals/Rotations for 2024?

I have an injury that has been healing slowly so I don't want to get too ambitious. I do want to get back to more walking and maybe light hiking. Of course, there are the usual goals of trying to build/maintain muscle mass and optimize cardio capacity.

I think I will do my "$1-per-Workout" Challenge again. I haven't done the one in a few years.

I'd love to hear other folks' goals and plans and rotations. I might get inspired.

What do you have in mind for 2024?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 05:08 PM  
moonbeam31

I want to focus on stretching, walking, gentle barre, yoga and motility routines. To walk more and try to hike as much as possible until summer hits! Then I want to swim more. I want to flow with the seasons!
moonbeam31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 05:21 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'd like to follow Jessica Smith's rotations on her AAP. Start with BUILD, then CONDITION, and hopefully make it to Lift & Shift by the end of the year.

I'm also following Dean Pohlman's ManFlowYoga progressive series.

For other workouts / cardio: Hiking/walking and Les Mills Body Combat, etc - anything that strikes my fancy.

I'm now retired, so I want to add in some 5-10 minute spurts during the day so insure I don't sit on my butt: either a Jessica "movement snack" or a DAREBEE "workout".
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 05:34 PM  
tracyb

I have been doing the Simplistic Mobility Method for a few months with great results, and I just purchased their January Reset. I plan on doing it daily along with walking and Essentrics.
tracyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 05:59 PM  
sherry7899

I am a Lifetime member of Team Body Project and I have been picking different programs to complete. I will keep doing that.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 06:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm going to continue with daily yoga with Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga.) In January 2024, I'll be finishing up the last month of his Flexibility Series. I'd like to get in a couple of Cathe's new workouts per week (shipping in December) as well as one Jenny Ford step workouts from her UK filming locations (Scotland, Ireland, Wales.)

My main goal is to remain consistent with yoga, while getting some strength training in, too! Sometimes it's difficult to fit all that I want to do, so that's when I switch out instructors, workout types, each month.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 06:14 PM  
Leonana

I’m planning on doing Jessica Smith rotations on the AAP. I’ve done Build and Condition, and am doing some of the workouts on her Healthy for the Holidays. I think the third Season is coming out in January, and I’m looking forward to that. She’s adding a lot of workouts and rotations, so I think eventually I’ll have a substantial amounts of rotations to choose from, assuming she keeps them on there. I’d also like to try Lift & Shift again, but take it real slow!

Since I walk a lot at work, I’ll keep doing that. I hope to be better about cardio when I’m on school breaks, especially in the summer.
Old 12-03-23, 09:33 PM  
Sollamyn

I subscribed to Jessica Smith's All Access Pass in June and have barely used it until a few weeks ago, so I want to start trying to get my money's worth. I started with her Build program last week. If all goes well with that, I will graduate to Condition by the end of this year, which will carry over into January 2024. I'll have to wait and see where that takes me, though, and cannot commit to anything because I always end up changing my mind or just blowing it off completely.

I'm having shoulder issues and continuing issues with my ankle that I broke in 2020, so I'm also doing at-home p.t. for those body parts, in addition to core work to keep my back pain-free. In fact, I've started working on posture and core and really want to do more of a focus on those areas in 2024.

That's it so far for me!

Donna
Old 12-03-23, 09:44 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I want to see what Caroline Girvan has in store for the new year in her app. If it’s something that I like, then I’ll do that program for weights. If it’s not something that interests me, I’ll go back to Cathe STS 2.0 for a couple of months.

For cardio, I’m going to continue doing an iFit treadmill workout as a warmup. I want to add more running intervals and incline walking.

I also need to strengthen my core and stretch more but always run out of time. I only do it when it’s included in the strength workout I do.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 10:40 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I’m looking forward to Jenny Ford’s Stepping across the UK series starting January 1st. I’m not sure what the level will be (I’m hoping for intermediate and up) but regardless, the scenery will be wonderful to have as a background during the dreariest time of year.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
$1 per workout, challenges, fitness goals, goals, new year goals, new year resolutions, plans, rotations