Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-24, 04:57 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I did my first Caroline Girvan workout ever this morning and was immediately addicted. She has a Heather Robertson style of video (which I love) without the high impact. Does anyone subscribe to the app? Does it have a workout schedule calendar? (that's the advantage of an app to me)
I subscribe to the CGX app and she has each of the full programs listed on a separate page, like a playlist. But it’s not set up as a calendar where you can “schedule” a workout.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-24, 05:17 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

I use her app, but I don't use the calendar function. I think you can schedule whole programs at a time, or one workout at a time.

I print out the paper calendar for the program I am doing, and check teach workout off as I complete them.

She just sent out a feedback survey asking what her subscribers would like to change about the app. I think she is making some changes and looking for input. Several questions were about the calendar function, but I am neutral on that one since I don't really use it. One of the questions was "Would you like the Youtube workouts on the app?". I said YES! I think that would be great.

I love the variety! Besides her programs, she has some excellent stand alone workouts. I especially like the 28 minute mobility one, and she has some excellent ab workouts too.

She just started a 10 day-long "Cluster set" program. So that is two new programs since the beginning of the year.

I love her style and how challenging the workouts can be. Money well spent for me so far. YMMV
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-24, 01:46 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I use her app, but I don't use the calendar function. I think you can schedule whole programs at a time, or one workout at a time.

I print out the paper calendar for the program I am doing, and check teach workout off as I complete them.

She just sent out a feedback survey asking what her subscribers would like to change about the app. I think she is making some changes and looking for input. Several questions were about the calendar function, but I am neutral on that one since I don't really use it. One of the questions was "Would you like the Youtube workouts on the app?". I said YES! I think that would be great.

I love the variety! Besides her programs, she has some excellent stand alone workouts. I especially like the 28 minute mobility one, and she has some excellent ab workouts too.

She just started a 10 day-long "Cluster set" program. So that is two new programs since the beginning of the year.

I love her style and how challenging the workouts can be. Money well spent for me so far. YMMV
I’m doing the Cluster program now too. I think this is my least favorite so far.
What do you think?

I really liked the Drop It week set. They were short but intense!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-24, 06:52 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I’m doing the Cluster program now too. I think this is my least favorite so far.
What do you think?

I really liked the Drop It week set. They were short but intense!
I am currently doing Unleash. Probably will do the Drop it week after that, or Cluster depending on how I feel when I am done with Unleash.

What what aren't you liking about the Cluster program?

I am finding the weight choices a little uneven in Unleash. I don't see the need for the heavy barbell (172lbs!) for hip thrusts. I get more done with my glutes when my body doesn't have to work as hard to set up and stabilize the weight. Also, her weight choices for some of the shoulder exercises are surprisingly light.

Also, I really like listening to my own music in the app!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 08:14 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

LOVE these replies!!! And now I am sorely tempted to subscribe to her site.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan