Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-24, 06:16 AM  
Rhonda

best thigh workouts

i know this probably has been asked a lot and I know not everyone responds the same to workouts but..

I am wondering what the best workouts are for inner thighs. I have noticed over the last year or so my thighs are pretty fat and flabby even though I do strength workouts. I can't life heavy due to injuries but the inner thighs and even the whole thigh area is looking pretty flabby. My genetics tend to go that route so I know I have that against me but would like to know if there are any good short workouts. I don't have a lot of time so anything in the 10-20 minute range will work.

Thanks
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 06:46 AM  
alisoncooks

Here are 3 of my favorite inner thigh workouts on YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAwJT...=3&pp=gAQBiAQB

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IwTrsj...=5&pp=gAQBiAQB

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PCanqp...ciB0aGlnaHM%3D
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 06:46 AM  
Camember

I'm very interested in this thread. That amount of time is what I tend to do everyday. All suggestions will be great (in my case, I'm interested mainly in floor work)
Camember is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 07:49 AM  
bubbles76

Any Barlates shorter thigh workouts will kill you softly .
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 08:30 AM  
furmomof6

I like this one from Lucy-Wyndham Read (she has a ton of short thigh workouts if you just search her name and "thighs", "legs" or "lower body" on Youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixaH...cyWyndham-Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camember View Post
I'm very interested in this thread. That amount of time is what I tend to do everyday. All suggestions will be great (in my case, I'm interested mainly in floor work)
Me too! I love floor work and need workouts around 10-15 minutes.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm going old school, Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting and any Margaret Richard workout with thigh work. MR's tend to be 3 to 5 minutes though interspersed with other body parts.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 09:58 AM  
prettyinpink

This might be unpopular to say, but I never found any real difference in the appearance of inner thighs specifically when I would do targeted workouts for them, or workouts with exercises to target them, even though I really enjoy floor work. Even using the adductor machine regularly at the gym for many months. Maybe it’s just me?
Different variations of squats, sumo squats, lunges, plies, hit all the thigh muscles in different ways.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 10:36 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
This might be unpopular to say, but I never found any real difference in the appearance of inner thighs specifically when I would do targeted workouts for them, or workouts with exercises to target them, even though I really enjoy floor work. Even using the adductor machine regularly at the gym for many months. Maybe it’s just me?
Different variations of squats, sumo squats, lunges, plies, hit all the thigh muscles in different ways.
i feel the same.

i think that inner thigh flab, in my case, is just my large-ish butt succumbing to all-mighty gravity and settling between my upper thighs.

case in point: if i do legs up the wall, i have no inner thigh flab because gravity is pulling it away from my inner thighs!

that said, targeting the gluteus works for me (it works the whole gluteus area plus your thighs). in other words, if you tighten up your glutes, it'll pull up the inner thigh flab. i like what Pretty posted about earlier, (lunges of all varieties, squats, plies) plus these:

leg press, tall box climbs, and pretzel moves.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 11:15 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
That's what I like about Lucy's workouts. With the exception of the one I shared, and some other "targeted" workouts, she mostly incorporates different ranges of motion in her videos, and moves that get your heartrate up for the cardio effect too.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 11:23 AM  
fatkat555

I tend to get more strength and definition by doing barre thigh work. I think doing traditional weight work for lower body causes me to distribute the load to the muscles that are dominant. Barre tends to isolate the muscles that don’t want to turn on. Inner thigh specific would be turned out standing leg lifts, holds, bend reach with the leg. I love the lower heel narrow V position to get that hard to get lower inner thigh above the knee. Plies in wide second just don’t seem to get this area (in my experience). Pilates ball squeezes between inner thighs (really pulling in with the inner thigh and not pushing from outside the thigh) are also effective.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor work, floorwork, inner thighs, thigh slimming, thigh toning, thigh workouts