Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-24, 01:24 PM  
bubbles76

Cathe Floorwork

I asked this question in another thread, but I think it got buried. Does Cathe have any other dedicated floorwork dvds besides To The Mat? Or maybe a premix that is at least 30 minutes floorwork? I really like To The Mat, and it's been great (along with Tonique, Barlates, and Ballet Beautiful) for lower body, since I've been having knee pain.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-24, 02:28 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I still think the best floorwork is the old Firm 1. Firm 2 isn't bad either. Have you checked with a doctor regarding knee pain? It's such an important joint, you might want an Xray done.
Old 02-16-24, 02:37 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Not a DVD, but there are a couple of To The Mat Cathe Live workouts—#401 To the Mat: Legs, Glutes and Core; and #86 To The Mat: Legs and Icy Core. I admit I haven’t done either of them, but maybe someone else has that can give you some input or you could check out clips on her site.

I like your new avatar although I admit I miss the fluffy butt!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-24, 03:17 PM  
bubbles76

Jane P, the Firm Volume 1 slays me! I haven't done it in some time. Maybe I will dip my toes back in. I always mentally thank Linda from Barlates when I can get through any floorwork. And yes, I've been to a doctor for my knees, even went to physical therapy. The PT helped, but I'll probably always be in some kind of on and off pain, since I've got bad arthritis in my knees.

Cataddict lol! I miss the fluffy butt too, but thought I'd give Puppy Bubble some screen time
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 02-16-24, 03:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

It's not 30 minutes, but Cathe has a 16 minute floorwork section in her Boss Bands Glute & Core DVD.
There's also 19 minutes of floorwork (no abs) on Butts & Guts.
Don't know the exact minutes, but there is some floorwork on Lower Body Blast. I would have to check the time by putting DVD into player, though. Also, the same for Great Glutes.
And, only 11 minutes of floorwork in Legs & Glutes and 12 minutes on Xtrain Legs.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 04:06 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

There's some floorwork on Pure Strength Legs after the weight work.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 12:48 PM  
buffmama

And don't forget 18 min of standing BW work on Kick Max fi that works for you.
Old 02-29-24, 05:46 PM  
TracyQ

Gym Style Legs floorwork is approx. 25 minuts (a bit longer if you add the calf raises from the standing half of the workout like I do). It uses a stability ball and band. I really enjoy it.

Floorwork Legs:

Tibialis Anterior Toe Pulls
Glute Squeezes on the Ball
One Legged Roll Outs on the Ball (This Goes Right Into Glute Presses)
Glute Presses on the Ball
Glute Tucks with Step and Band
Roll Ins on the Ball
Inner Thigh Squeeze on the Ball
Inner Thigh Lifts with Band
Vertical Outer Thigh Press with Band
Outer Thigh Raises with Band

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 08:49 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks all! I didn't realize Cathe had so many floorwork options. The shorter ones I can double. I may do Gym Style legs tonight. It's been so long since I've done that one that I didn't realize it had so much floorwork.
Old 03-01-24, 05:09 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Thanks all! I didn't realize Cathe had so many floorwork options. The shorter ones I can double. I may do Gym Style legs tonight. It's been so long since I've done that one that I didn't realize it had so much floorwork.
This one really gets the hamstrings.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe floorwork, floor work, floorwork