Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-12, 01:01 PM  
desertMermaid

talk to me about Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout

These are pretty old and I've never been interested in them before, but I am now intrigued by them. Are they really cardiovascular? I think there are four total? How do they compare in difficulty, fun and overall workout quality?

Thanks in advance!

These are the four I have found - I think this is the complete list:
Cardio Hula
Hula Abs & Buns
Tahitian Cardio
Tahitian Hip Hop
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 01:36 PM  
PeakFitness

I own Abs & Buns, and had done Tahitian Cardio when it was available through Netflix. They are similar with similar moves. They are cardio, but more beginner level. I like them because you put the whole routine together at the end, which is what makes it fun.
Old 07-29-12, 01:43 PM  
SpiritSong

I have a couple of these and would put them in the "when you don't feel like working out" category. A pleasant experience with some gorgeous scenery and a gorgeous cast.
Old 07-29-12, 01:45 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I have a couple of these and would put them in the "when you don't feel like working out" category. A pleasant experience with some gorgeous scenery and a gorgeous cast.
That's exaclty it, "when you don't feel like working out"!
Old 07-29-12, 02:32 PM  
sherry7899

If you belong to swapadvd.com, you can frequently find them on there.

I didn't keep any of them..I just could not get the hang of it

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 02:40 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

someone has them posted on youtube by sections and workout - a coworker and I were doing them between work (we'd literally do maybe 5 min then pause and work then go back and other times we got maybe 10 min at a time) they were fun - the abs one was my fave and I think tahitial cardio was also..couldn't get the streaming to work on the tahitian hip hop at the time..I found some of the moves fast and kinda confusing but overall fun. I liked them well enough I ended up buying them from amazon in spite of youtube having them free but it's a great way to try it out first or at least watch.
Old 07-29-12, 02:59 PM  
desertMermaid

Susanna, thanks I'll have to check out youtube. It looks like my library has two of these (cardio Hula and Tahitian Hip hop), so I'm gong to check those two out.

Sherry, I am not a member of swapadvd but it is probably something I should look into. Thanks for the suggestion.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 03:08 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Mermaid I was really surprised the entire workout was there on youtube - I thought it was just a section but then coworker saw part 2, 3...she shows the move slow then speeds it up then puts it with other moves until you get the whole thing.. btw don't freak out when they start off showing the dance - you're not expected to follow at that point LOL - we were like wtheck?! then thy stopped and she started teaching the dance then at the end you put it all together for a few times through.
Old 07-30-12, 04:20 PM  
imhere2dance

Funny this topic should come up now. Last week I got Hula Abs & Buns after watching the workout on YouTube. I haven't done the whole thing yet, although I did try a few of the steps while watching.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 05:50 PM  
loverly7

I used to own these and they were okay. Obviously I wasn't that thrilled with them, since I gave them away. I did enjoy them on the rare occasion when I did them, but I never felt like I got a workout at all with them. There are much better dance videos out there IMHO.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote