Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-23, 05:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Endurance check-in 2024

We're a very small group at the moment and would love to see more people join and old friends return!

So if you run, walk, hike, bike, swim or row (or any other endurance type activity!) please stop by! We would love to have company and good conversation.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 01:59 PM  
Sissy B

Happy New Year!!!

We woke up to the sounds of Belle throwing up early this morning. Not a great start for the New Year.

We were planning to spend some time at the condo this month to at least get the downstairs painted, but DH is buying a truck (to replace the one that was totaled last summer) so the timing may not work. He’s getting it from a dealership in another state and having it delivered. So I’m thinking about signing up for the Concept 2 January Revolutions Challenge with The Stretch as my goal - rowing a minimum of 500 m for 20 days in January. I have got to get back on track.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 02:26 PM  
Sissy B

I just signed up for the Concept 2 Logbook and went ahead and signed up for the January Revolutions Challenge with The Stretch as my goal.
Old 01-01-24, 10:49 PM  
Sissy B

Row 1/20 - 691 meters in 5:06 minutes

I can row 500 meters in 3 minutes or so, but wanted to row at least 5 minutes. I can tell it has been a while since I have worked out, and I can also tell I need to work on my form. So right now I will be trying to focus on drills and building up my endurance.
Old 01-02-24, 12:52 AM  
Vantreesta

I had the 10 PM slot in the VF exercise marathon. I did Yoga With Shaunneka New Year Seated Yoga Stretch: A Reflective Wrap Up. I did some extra stretching while I watched the intro for Yoga with Adriene's new challenge and a 2-min dolphin pose hold while I listened to the intro for Devi Daly's new challenge.

Great job getting back to it, Sissy! I hope the challenge will help you stay on track! I hope Belle is feeling better.

We played games last night, with lots of laughing and food, and then watched a couple more episodes of Scorpion before going to bed at 3:30. I slept in till 9 this morning.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-02-24, 11:01 PM  
Sissy B

I just finished rowing. I’m tired tonight so I struggled just to row the 500 meters. I should have done this earlier in the day. And I still feel like my form is off - I don’t know if that’s because it has been a while since I have used my rower or because I am tired.

Row 2/20 - 514 meters in 3:38 minutes

Today I washed 3 loads of clothes, finished loading the dishwasher, scrubbed out the toilet in the master bath and made a cake. I also ran a couple of errands - post office, library.
Old 01-03-24, 01:55 AM  
Vantreesta

No workouts today, was running around town and did a little shopping then started an afghan for my cousin's baby (finally).

Sissy, great job getting through the row even though you were tired. You got a lot done today! As far as your form, I assume the C2 app has form drills? I like Dark Horse Rowing on YouTube.

Old 01-03-24, 06:20 PM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - I like Dark Horse Rowing too. I haven’t used any to workout with, I usually just row on my own, but I have watched several to learn about form. Today went better, so I think it’s just a combo of not having rowed in a while and being tired. So I made an effort to get my 500 meters in earlier today. I’m not using the C2 app, I just log my workouts manually on their website.

Row 3/20 - 772 meters in 5:07 minutes

I’m having my hair colored and cut tomorrow so I’ll probably take a rest day.

Belle seems to think she’s a cat at times, eats hair and throws up.
Old 01-04-24, 11:26 PM  
Sissy B

After I got my hair done DH & I went to see The Boys in the Boat. It was really good. I read the book it’s based on a few years ago and it’s really good too.
Old 01-06-24, 03:58 PM  
Sissy B

Ended up taking 2 rest days. DH and I had to handle some details related to buying his truck yesterday and then I didn’t feel good so I decided to take go ahead and take the day off. Got back on the rower today.

Row 4/20 - 818 meters in 5:06 minutes