Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-24, 11:47 AM  
Vantreesta

We spent last wknd with my FIL and then drove across the state for our annual snowshoeing trip, which involved no snowshoes this year. Way more ice than we would ever want though! The trails were pretty ice covered, especially in the state park where we went the first day. The other two days we took trails that were probably less used and we were better able to maneuver around what ice there was. We enjoyed our trip and got home about 7 last night. I picked up Cyric this morning and we're fixing to go walk. He hasn't gotten a walk in a week! He was so excited to come home he was actually shaking and the lady who got him ready at the kennel said as soon as he saw his car harness his whole body just started wiggling. I missed him so much! I need to get groceries but will do that tmrw. I can't bear to leave him after just getting him home. I will do a ton of laundry when we get back from walking and also plan to workout, which he won't love, but at least I'll still be at home!

Fri 3/1 0 minutes UP NORTH
Pedometer: 7155 steps, 3.51 mi/Fitbit: 7189 steps, 3.4 mi

Sat 3/2 0 minutes UP NORTH
Pedometer: 4342 steps, 2.13 mi/Fitbit: 4568 steps, 2.15 mi

Sun 3/3 0 minutes UP NORTH
Pedometer: 2543 steps, 1.26 mi/Fitbit: 3231 steps, 1.52 mi

Mon 3/4 197 minutes UP NORTH
187 minutes (from 5.0 mi "ice hiking" at BHLSP with hubby)
10 minutes (from ball rolling against wall after hike)
Pedometer: 14089 steps, 6.69 mi/Fitbit: 19397 steps, 9.2 mi

Tue 3/5 179 minutes UP NORTH
169 minutes (from 4.38 mi hiking at NATWT with hubby)
10 minutes (from ball rolling against wall after hike)
Pedometer: 17806 steps, 8.36 mi/Fitbit: 18445 steps, 8.75 mi

Wed 3/6 210 minutes UP NORTH
210 minutes (from 6.85 mi hiking at SHT with hubby)
Pedometer: 25772 steps, 12.03 mi/Fitbit: 26156 steps, 12.4 mi

I'm planning on getting back to weights and running starting Monday so maybe we can all help motivate each other to hit the weights!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-24, 08:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

53 minute outdoor walk
180 torso twists

The walk yesterday was very enjoyable.
I found someone on IG or FB who was demonstrating these torso twists to flatten your belly as she put it. 30 twists per side x 3. They seemed like they could be effective but I woke up with a very stiff back today. The stiffness has eased now but it was a good reminder for me to proceed with caution with twisting moves.

VAN, the snowshoeing trip sounds like a great tradition but the ice hiking not so much. Still sounds like a great trip. Aww Cyric missed you so much. Sweet.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 08:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR - All My Best Vol. 1

I forgot how tough Margaret can be. Her All My Best series is the best! We have more rain coming in today so I'll do something indoors hopefully.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-10-24, 08:12 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Thursday was a very active day at work, and then I did 35 mins of Pure Spice that night to make it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

Friday was also an active day at work and afterwards I went out for drinks with a coworker friend (one of the Italy crew). I limited myself to one drink because I didn't want to overdo it with my calories, since I'm trying to stay under calories for the week. I had around 9,000 steps by the time I got home, so I did the 10 min Dance Walk from Jessica's 10 Min Quick Walk Mix. Made it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

Yesterday I got a lot done around the house. It wasn't until later in the day that I actually got up and moving, but I was pretty pleased to see the results. I'm planning to follow that up with cleaning the floors today, which I didn't get to last night. I also did 19 mins of Pure Spice (my 4 favorite song routines) to make it to over 11,148 steps for the day.

I haven't mentioned it lately, but my sore wrist never healed. In fact, some days it has a throbbing pain (and sometimes it doesn't hurt much at all; certain movements seem to aggravate it). I've been putting off going back to our Wellness Center but I went on Friday. The nurse practitioner thinks that either I may have fractured a bone in the wrist or she thinks it could be osteoarthritis in the wrist bone. So she scheduled me an x-ray so that she can see what's going on. I also bought a new wrist brace yesterday that makes the thumb immobile (the one I was wearing focused more on keeping the wrist still, but the pain is in my thumb and wrist; my neighbor was telling me that she had tendonitis in the wrist and at times had to use both types of braces, so I thought I'd try the new one). I slept in it last night and got up the morning and took it off, and wow, the pain that I've been having in that area is greatly reduced! Not sure what that means, but I'm very glad that it's not as sore! I'm going to stick with wearing this brace for now. My x-ray is Tuesday. (Right now is my first time trying to type with the new brace, and I'm a little slower, but it's going ok. It harder to type with the other brace, so I usually take it off during the day at work.)

SB - Wow great job with your outdoor walks and other workouts. I'm glad that you got back to Margaret, since I know you enjoy her. You're really leading our get back to weights effort (since you're the only one doing them right now ), so hopefully that will inspire me and Van. The torso twists sound interesting (especially if they can flatten the belly), but I'm sorry to hear about the stiffness in your back. At least it sounds like that didn't stick around for too long, but like you said, it's a nice reminder to proceed with caution. Hope you have a great day!

Van - Wow, the snowshoeing sounds great! Sorry you had to deal with so much ice. You had some days with really impressing step totals! Glad to hear that you and Cyric have been reunited. Very sweet. Hope you have a great day too!
Old 03-10-24, 11:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

60 minute outdoor walk

I did manage to get my walk in yesterday before the rains came. I'm going to try to get out there again today if it doesn't rain again. It looks a little threatening right now. I am going to try to keep MR in the mix too. She's so effective and no dread for me.

CAMBET, great job getting your steps in and getting things done around the house.
A necessary evil unfortunately. LOL

Oh I'm sorry to hear your wrist has still been so problematic for you. Another reason to lay off the weights for now too.
I'm glad the new brace was so helpful for you and I hope that continues. Since your thumb is involved could it be carpal tunnel related? I'm not sure if we discussed that aspect of it before. Sending good vibes for the new brace and x-ray results.

Hi VAN.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-11-24, 06:47 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did SSF Cardio Dance Party in the morning, and 20 mins of Christi's Pure Spice last night to make it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

SB
- Great job with your (longer) outdoor walk! We're supposed to have highs in the 70s this week, so our weather is definitely taking a warmer turn. I've never used MR; does she have shorter w/os, like in the 30 min range (sorry if I have asked you this before and I just don't remember)? This new brace is definitely making a difference; there is still pain, but it's less and only with certain movements. The school NP ruled out carpal tunnel, since I don't have the other symptoms that she said comes with it. I'll be interested to see what that X-ray reveals. I also have an appt with a new doctor for a whole body check up at the end of this month, so hopefully she'll be able to add insight, as well. Thanks for the good vibes. Hope you have a great day!

Hi Van!
Old 03-11-24, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[B]Good morning!

Yesterday:

51 minute outdoor walk
MR - All My Best Vol 2

Today is crazy windy so I'm not sure if an outdoor walk is the best idea. I'll see how the day goes. Right now it sounds like a freight train!

CAMBET, great job keeping your streak going. MR does have a lot of shorter workouts. Her Unplugged series is all 23 or so minute workouts from her Body Electric shows. They're dated obviously and very high rep but I find them very effective and no dread. Good luck with the x-ray tomorrow.

Hi VAN.

Have a great day!

/B]
Old 03-12-24, 10:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

48 minute outdoor walk

I wasn't going to walk yesterday because of the high winds but I decided to go late in the afternoon. It was still windy but felt good to be out. There was debris and branches all over though. Today should hit 60 so I do plan on a walk soon.

Waves!

Have a great day!
Old 03-13-24, 08:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

55 minute outdoor walk

It was a delightful spring day yesterday and I enjoyed my walk. I have a plumber coming today so I'm tied to the house.
I'm going out with a friend afterwards so probably no walk today.

Waves!!

Have a great day!
Old 03-15-24, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

56 minute outdoor walk

Have a great day everyone!