Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-23, 01:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
BRAVA!!! It's amazing how many extra calories we can consume in a day and not even realize it. Tracking definitely helps with that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Congratulations!

Tracking is how I can successfully lose weight. I just don’t stuck with it unfortunately.
i went back to logging recently. i'm inconsistent with logging, but i am down a few pounds.

i recently starting using and liking MyFitnessPal's log feature. i had been a member but didn't use the logging feature on their site. they have an excellent forum, by the way, that covers everything such as exercise, eating, weight loss, success stories.

but yah, i'm inconsistent in the logging, but i discovered what i needed to stop doing! i eat all my favorites too.

edited to add:
Actress Kathy Bates has lost a significant amount of weight. they asked her what she did. she said she read somewhere that your brain has a signal that's sort of like an "involuntary sigh" that tells you that you have had enough. a person needs to start listening for that.

i started to do that - listening to my inner self.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kathy-b...ose-60-pounds/

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-23, 03:21 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
your brain has a signal that's sort of like an "involuntary sigh" that tells you that you have had enough. a person needs to start listening for that.

/[/url]
I've never had that sigh. My brain just doesn't register that I've eaten enough. It's like that signal doesn't get triggered in my brain and I've always been that way since I was an infant. I look at people who stop eating and say they are full and I'm just baffled because I've never experienced that.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-23, 03:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I've never had that sigh. My brain just doesn't register that I've eaten enough. It's like that signal doesn't get triggered in my brain and I've always been that way since I was an infant. I look at people who stop eating and say they are full and I'm just baffled because I've never experienced that.

Erica
in Bates' words, it took her several years. i don't hear it myself, but i've noticed when i can stop eating.

Kathy Smith put it another way in her book "Getting Better". she said serve yourself half of what you normally eat. enjoy that portion, and stop, pause for about 10 minutes or so. if you're still hungry, eat one bite and wait/pause.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-23, 04:07 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post

Tracking is how I can successfully lose weight. I just don’t stuck with it unfortunately.
Same here -- tracking has been the only way I've been successful in the past few years. But I have stuck with it--I have tracked and logged both my calories and macros for two years now very consistently (like nearly every day, including weekends/special events). That's how I lost about 20 of these 35 peri pounds. I still do it every day, even though my body is really rebelling against me at the moment, and I haven't lost any weight in a year (but at least I haven't gained too much back). I like tracking because it helps me to make sure I'm reaching my nutrient goals, getting enough protein, drinking enough water, etc.

I use the MyMacros app (totally free). It has two years' worth of my daily logs. It's really taught me proper portion control and lets me know when I'm veering off course. I know a lot of people who don't enjoy tracking, but for me, I really like it.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-23, 06:25 PM  
muddjeansgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
BRAVA!!! It's amazing how many extra calories we can consume in a day and not even realize it. Tracking definitely helps with that!
Yup, my deficit wasn't really that low 1683 for 5 ft 3 so I must have been eating probably about 3000 calories a day.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body acceptance, body image, diet, weight loss, weightloss