Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-24, 08:49 AM  
buffmama

NML MetCon 100 Day 6 Total Body (snatches). Another good one I was too busy counting for myself to keep track of holy bananas - I think 3-4 though. Only move I didn't like was 'lunge' swing - where was the hip hinge? I did a staggered squat swing.

I got KCM's More than Just Strength and left the Timesavers behind. I also signed up for Justina's site so will start that after NML challenge. Shout out for Julie Rappel's mobility work - did 10 min shoulder this AM. Very good. Lots of strength moves there and not just mobility. I figured with snatches today and rows tomorrow this would be a good idea.
Old 01-08-24, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Ugh! The site is moving very slowly again.

My quads were a bit sore today so I decided to do Fitness with PJ- Stretches for Runners and Walkers. I thought this was very good. She does some mobility work and static stretches. She even does a few stretches for the feet and the shins, which I don't see too often. I feel very relaxed and stretch out after this.

buffmama- Glad to hear you took the plunge with Justina's site. Was it expensive? More than Just Strength was the promo that looked most interesting to me. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Erica- I hope whatever it is your dh was testing for is able to be corrected easily. Sending positive vibes his way!
Old 01-09-24, 12:27 PM  
buffmama

Metcon 100 Day 7 Arms - this was actually upper body since it had chest and back so why call it arms?! I did unilateral gorilla rows throughout. I followed with Julia Reppel upper body stretch. She has a few workouts on YouTube so I'm looking forward to doing those.

Justina's site is $250/year, $25/month for on demand. There was a 20% off sale Sunday. Still not cheap but if I didn't think I was going to milk it for what it's worth I wouldn't have signed up. Deciding if I want to start next week with her glute program while adding in upper body.

Hope everyone is unaffected by the coming storm.
Old 01-09-24, 06:22 PM  
wendug

I walked a client's dogs this am and it was a slushy mess. The poor little shih tzu was soaked and I had to dry her off/take off her sweater and of course give her lots of kisses. The bigger guy only had wet paws. But I love them so they are worth it. The weather was a mess today so I spent a little time shoveling. It wasn't much snow, but it was the heavy wet stuff. I did get a workout in- Chris & Edi- Day 5- Push Day & Abs. I appreciated that the last round was ab work and not more arms since I shoveled a bit today.
Old 01-10-24, 09:26 AM  
buffmama

Metcon 100 Day 8 - Legs + Butt, 100 lunges in sets of 10. I'm really impressed with this challenge. She has mobility work and works in different planes of motion. Lots of thought went into these.
Old 01-10-24, 06:25 PM  
wendug

Chris & Edi- Day 6- Pull Workout + Cardio. There is a decent amount of back work in this one. Not really a fan of their cardio, but it was only 1 round of a few exercises at the end.

buffmama- I'm thinking of sticking with Chris & Edi (with cardio added in) for the rest of the month, and then switching over to the NML Metcon challenge at the beginning of Feb. before going back to Chris & Edi's challenge. I do think Lindsey is a great instructor and have been nothing but impressed with the workouts she puts together.
Old 01-11-24, 09:28 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Metcon 100 Day 7 Arms -.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Chris & Edi- Day 6- Pull Workout + Cardio. There is a decent amount of back work in this one. Not really a fan of their cardio, but it was only 1 round of a few exercises at the end.

I did the Chris and Edi pull workout today and liked it a lot. I skipped the cardio and did the last circuit of NML Metcon 100 Day 7 Arms. NML felt very frantic and the chattering bothered me. I'm so used to silent and slow workouts now.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 12:47 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I did the Chris and Edi pull workout today and liked it a lot. I skipped the cardio and did the last circuit of NML Metcon 100 Day 7 Arms. NML felt very frantic and the chattering bothered me. I'm so used to silent and slow workouts now.

Erica
These do move fast. People were complaining about it in the comments. I have to start the counted reps during the break to give myself enough time. Then all was good.

Today was day 9 Cardio, Abs and Mobility. It was supposed to be easier to get us ready for tomorrow. It was easier but not sure I am ready for tomorrow. Thinking about putting it off til Sat but not sure. 100 push ups, rows, swings, squats doesn't sound like much fun. Even less so at Lindsey's pace. I may be doing this one solo.
Also did 7 min ankle mobility by Julia rappel that I need to repeat.
Old 01-12-24, 07:58 AM  
buffmama

Metcon 100 Day 10!!!!! At my pace, but I did good reps and got them all in. I did split squats instead of regular squats and did all the push ups off the couch. I did Julia Rappel's Squat Mobility warm up first - 6 min.
Old 01-12-24, 09:56 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:

Metcon 100 Day 3 Lower Body - squats. Great workout. Holy banana count = 2.
Quote:
Metcon 100 Day 8 - Legs + Butt, 100 lunges in sets of 10. I'm really impressed with this challenge. She has mobility work and works in different planes of motion. Lots of thought went into these.
I did parts of each of these today and liked them both a lot.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote