Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-06, 08:01 AM  
SpiritYogi

As long as they're tasteful and not full-body art, I think they're a nice personal expression. I have two myself (one on ankle and one on back of shoulder) and am thinking about getting another one; just have to figure out where.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 08:12 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Bob Harper (Biggest Loser) has quite a few tatoos.

For some reason, I do find ankle tatoos to be especially unattractive. And forearm tatoos as well.

As for others, it depends on the individual case.

My father had tatoos up and down both arms (they almost looked like sleeves from a distance). He got them back in the 30's when he worked in a circus and had the tatooed man do them. They always looked good to me, but for some reason, one big forearm tatoo wouldn't have.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 08:18 AM  
Rebelslgb

Gillian in YBB has a really small one on her shoulder, i think it is the OM symbol (i dunno much about yoga so i could be wrong).

I have 4 tattoos, and only regret one of them. the other 3 i love! I will eventually get the one removed before I have kids, because it is on my lower stomach/hip and will stretch if pregnant (they did warn me about that, but at the age of 18 i didn't care).

Anarita in Turbo Jam as the tribal tatoo around her arm as well...but shes not an instructor.
Rebelslgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 10:25 AM  
stephfitz

Chalene has one on her ankle if you look in the new TJ's you can see it on one of those, right now I can't think of which one. I have three tats so of course I love them
stephfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 12:24 PM  
Tish

Another fan of tattoos. They don't bother me in any form unless they are of an offensive nature. I just look at it as jewelry for the body. Nobody would get offended by earrings or necklaces. Lesley Ackland (I think that's her name) writes pilates books and I think she has one on her shoulder.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 12:25 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Well Geoff, if you don't like tattoos don't ever watch a tribal dance video!

If the tattoo is well done I like it - some of the tribal dancers (Rachel Brice for instance) have beautiful & colorful tattoos vining up their stomachs. I am mesmerized by them! LOL!
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 12:33 PM  
maitai

Jillian Michaels has a tatoo.
I don't mind them
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 12:46 PM  
KRAVEN321
VF Supporter

I have 2, but regret 1 of them and will have it removed (I think). It's on my stomach and has definitely stretched since I've had kids. Oh well, live and learn.

Dea
KRAVEN321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 01:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

regarding Allie - i noticed that in the most recent DVD re-release, Firm 3 in 1 Bootcamp w/Allie on the cover - they deleted all of her tattooes from the cover photo.

i remember doing Yoga For Athletes with Rodney Yee and a male cast member (there's 2 cast + Rodney) has a nipple tattoo. he does the routine shirtless, and it was very distracting to me! count me as somewhat old-fashioned.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 01:12 PM  
hollymarie

Tattoos don't bother me at all. What bothers me is if the instructors seem phony.

Rainbeau Mars appears to have a tattoo on her ankle.

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deltaman, instructers appearance, instructors appearance