Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-06, 05:28 AM  
adrien_73

I used to be an instructor for years, and I have a LOT of tattoos. I understand now that it wasn't a wise decision, especially since the one on my back is very large & can't be completely covered with any sort of jog bra/tank top. I don't let it bother me too much, but if I could go back & do it all over again...I WOULDN'T!

ETA: a few tasteful ones in strategic places is one thing, IMO. I think I just have a few too many, and I know that a lot of people find them unattractive.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 05:32 AM  
Francesca

What on earth is the problem with tattoos? I guess if I were thinking of marrying or seriously dating someone it would bother me if they looked like the incredible illustrated man, but a few tattoos are cute. Personally I find them attractive, which is why I have a little one on my left foot.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 05:40 AM  
treasaigh

I THINK Hilary Burnette has one on her upper arm, but it's edited out of her workouts. If you watch the classroom footage at the end of her mat series vids, however, it's there.

I like them too - if I ever get down to my ideal weight, I'll reward myself with one. I have a numb spot behind my shoulder - the perfect spot.
Old 04-24-06, 05:40 AM  
LaraQ

I don't have a problem with tattoos...but I think, here in the States, in general, they are considered unprofessional, am I right? Allie was the only one that came to my mind as well and I'm not bothered by hers. When I see a tattoo though, I always wonder if they are happy with their choice and what they were thinking at the time.

Which makes me think of Michael Scofield from Prison Break. Where in the world is he going to hide with that big ol' tattoo!
LaraQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 06:07 AM  
Francesca

In Europe they've been pretty much "in" for quite a while. There was a time, way back when, when they were something only for prisoners or sailors - or for the ex-king of Italy, who has about 12. (Along with various other scions of royalty and the highest nobility - yes, it's true)

Now, they're everywhere, all incomes, all socio economic backgrounds, everywhere. I don't flaunt mine at work,l but outside work, I don't bother whether it shows or not.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 07:00 AM  
cherimac

I think Seasun has a very small one on her back. I personally don't like tatoos and wouldn't have one but it doesn't bother me on others unless really distracting. Hey, to each his own!!
Old 04-24-06, 07:08 AM  
roz

It seems like about ten-fifteen years ago or so everyone 'alternative' was getting one (or piercings, or a combination of both). I felt more alternative by not having one. I'm glad I never got one. They seem to be quite the frat boy thing now.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 07:28 AM  
twodiffsocks

Hi Ya'll,

Quote:
I love tattoos!!
I have a few myself, and I usually don't think if it is or isn't attractive. I usually find myself thinking whether or not the artwork is good and if it is good, where did they get it done. by TerribleTerra
I agree and also have a tattoo and looking forward to my next one. They have always been a personal choice--being inked or not. Peraonally, if an Instructor had large ones, covered in them etc--wouldnt bother me as long as the program/dvd is something i like and i can focus on the tats later.....see Terrible Terra quote for why

I did notice Jennifer Galardi had a small one on her lower stomach.

p.s.
Quote:
Which makes me think of Michael Scofield from Prison Break. Where in the world is he going to hide with that big ol' tattoo!by Lara Q
as a fan of the show--i can tell you.....he wears a LONG SLEEVE tshirt to cover up. course ya'll do know why he has them & what they are for .....if not, pm/email me & i'll tell ya

"There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
I got bills to pay,
I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down,
I can't hold back,
Though you know, I wish I could.
No there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good".
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked -Cage The Elephant

"I dare you to do better." Christopher Pike
Start Trek {2009}

twodiffsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 07:32 AM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I don't have a problem with tattoos when they are not over the top. Of course, I have a tattoo and want another one. I always wanted one but got married young and had babies early so I didn't feel like it would be a good parental "thing" to do so I waited untill all my babies were grown and at the age of 40 got one for my birthday! It is rather large, on my lower back, but no one sees it but me and my DH and I love it!

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 07:52 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I wish the instructors would cover up their tattoos before filming because my eye keeps getting drawn to them; it's distracting for me. Allie immediately comes to mind.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deltaman, instructers appearance, instructors appearance