Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-06, 10:35 PM  
DeltaMan727

Instructors with tattoos

I was just viewing Fit Prime Flex Posture and it looked like Tamela had a tattoo just above her ankle. I was thinking to my self how UN attractive it was, and began to wonder two things. What other instructors have tattoos? And what are you’re thoughts on instructors with tattoos??

I was kind of surprised because I always thought Anna Benson would frown on it.

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 10:39 PM  
steakhousegirl

Allie of Firm fame has several: wrists and ankles, I think. I don't think they're distracting at all. I'm usually sweating too much to care and it gives me something to look at (like workout clothes).
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 10:39 PM  
Juliekins
VF Supporter

Hahahaha. Allie Del Rio has several very visible tattoos on her ankles and wrists. The only time they distract me is when they're very badly photoshopped out of video covers! I swear on one of the BSS4s she leads, you can see a little smear above her wrist where they edited out the tattoos.

I don't get too worked up about tattoos, honestly. If it were a really large (like a sleeve type tattoo) or offensive, I suppose I might take notice or be annoyed. Mostly I see them and wonder if they have a special significance to the owner or if it's just a reminder of that one really crazy spring break trip in college.
Juliekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 10:40 PM  
benemma

I don't really care either way. It's all about whether I like the workout or not.

It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
-Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 10:47 PM  
rhbrand

I like them!

But your speaking to someone who has 2 tattoos and wants to get another one!
Old 04-23-06, 10:53 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I thought of Allie, too. They don't matter to me one way or another. I do wonder though, what happens to tattoos as people age and the skin elasticity changes .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 10:54 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMan727
What other instructors have tattoos? And what are you’re thoughts on instructors with tattoos??
Shiva Rea has a very large tattoo on her lower back. I don't have any tattoos myself, but I did not find Shiva's tattoo to be unattractive. As long as it's not an offensive-appearing tattoo, I could care less about it. If a person is covered in tattoos, then I think it's unattractive.
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 10:59 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMan727
And what are you’re thoughts on instructors with tattoos??

Geoff
I've only noticed Allie's and they're not so bad because of how small they are, I guess. I did notice she had one on her back, I think those are unattractive.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 11:05 PM  
terribleterra
VF Supporter

I love tattoos!!
I have a few myself, and I usually don't think if it is or isn't attractive. I usually find myself thinking whether or not the artwork is good and if it is good, where did they get it done.

To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your life depends on it; and when the time comes, to let go. ~ Mary Oliver
terribleterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:50 AM  
Kyra

I've never seen this Allie person so I have no specific comments there, but in general, unless the tat in question was really huge and ugly, I'm not sure it'd register with me as significant.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deltaman, instructers appearance, instructors appearance