Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-06, 07:10 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima
I've been on an oldies kick recently and can vouch for the fact that Tracie was built *quite* differently in older Firms. As well as Karen Voight and several others.
Oh well, I knew about Karen Voight, of course. And most of the Firm instructors, and apparently even Debbie Siebers now. It's too bad when women whose careers are supposed to be based on health & fitness rely on such artificial procedures to feel...what, glamorous? Feminine? All female shapes are lovely, imo.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 08:40 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T
If my "good" sportsbra is in the wash, I have to actually hold the girls when I do jumping jacks. I should really get another good one, but I don't do that much high impact in a given week and I HATE trying on bras.
I can identify with you here Peg. I only have a small number of good quality super supportive bras as they're so expensive and sometimes I grab the wrong one out of the drawer by mistake!

BTW do any of you more endowed (I'm a 34C) ladies get asked "are they real"? I was suprised to be asked this as I thought from the way mine bounced that it would have been kinda obvious!
Old 02-06-06, 08:44 PM  
Laurie

That is too funny! The things kids say...

My little one (just turned 6) has been asking "Why can't I have a bra" and "why don't I have boobs" for 2 yrs now! Maybe it's from watching all these workouts!!!

Another funny, similar subject. My oldest dd was about 3, sitting on the sofa beside my sister who was breastfeeding her baby, and she matter of factly said "You're just like a cow"!!! I laugh every time I think of that...my sister didn't at the time!

Laurie
Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 08:50 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

This thread reminds me of an incident when my daughter was around 2 1/2 years old. I had just recently weaned her from breast feeding.

My hubby is a plumber and he took my DD with him on a job. When they got home I was sitting in the tub. My DD walked in and just started staring at me. I asked her what she was thinking of and she said, "I have an idea. I can cut your boobies off, put milk in one bobbie, and apple juice in the other boobie, glue your boobies back on, and then I can have boobies again!"

That was 19 years ago. Amazing how quickly time has gone by.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 09:52 PM  
charfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstyscooby
BTW do any of you more endowed (I'm a 34C) ladies get asked "are they real"? I was suprised to be asked this as I thought from the way mine bounced that it would have been kinda obvious!
I've been asked this when I was a 34 DD a few times. One time some guy asked me this and when I told him they were real he asked if I was wearing a bra. A real DD without a bra would be everywhere without a bra. Now that I am nursing number two I don't think anyone would think they are fake as they are even bigger and floppier (although not bad for their size).

My three year old could care less about the boob thing, she is fascinated by my menstrual cycle. I think I would trade.
charfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 09:45 AM  
AngiTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstyscooby
My 21 yo DD does. She's a natural 34DD (really a 32DDD but can't find that size on the rack and she won't mail order) and wears about a size 3 in clothes. All the fat in her body is in her boobs, with a bit on her hips. She's really built like Barbie, except she's only 5' tall. She gets asks enough to prompt her to buy a T Shirts that says "Yes, they are real"
Old 02-07-06, 01:01 PM  
engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Not to sound incredibly naive, but are you all so certain that Tracie has had a boob job? For some reason, maybe something I heard or read somewhere, I always thought that hers were real.

As a naturally large-endowed woman myself who developed very early and was subjected to crude and malicious teasing for years, I am uncomfortable with derogatory comments about anyone's breast size, large or small. However, I can't help feeling that some of these curvy instructors must have real breasts, even with a low body-fat. Maybe not Tracie, but someone?
Sorry to burst your bubble but Tracie is very (excuse the pun) up front about having the work done when asked or when someone expresses interest in having it done.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thorougly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 01:39 PM  
belle411

Lightbulb

Debbie, what your daughter came up with in terms of you basically being a drink machine of her choice for her was HILIARIOUS!! Can you imagine her saying something like that in school? I had nursed my DD for 2 years (semi forcible weaning) & w/ the new baby, my mom thought Kimberlee might be interested again. Well, one time she wanted to nurse on 1 side while Gregory took the other. And another time SHE tried to nurse Gregory by pulling her own shirt up. And another time she grabbed a giant stuffed Pooh bear that my cousin had given Gregory, lifted up her shirt & tried to nurse the Pooh! What made that even more funny is the fact that Pooh is almost bigger than her! (She's now almost 3 1/2 )

Back to Tracie - I always kinda thought she was enhanced b/c in the Firm Classics Vol. 6 (or 5), she's in the cast & looks one way, then out comes the Tortoise & Hair and she looks VERY different! Frankly, though, for me, big boobs get in the way! LOL

My OB once told me that most of his patients got boob jobs after they've had a baby b/c they like how "full" their boobs looked while nursing. Interesting tidbit.
Old 02-07-06, 01:42 PM  
Tanja

This whole thread is the reason why my

home is a 'Fake-Boob-Free-Zone' - no videos, no magazines etc. that show unnatural bodies.

I cannot support this movement towards 'enhancement' because it is several giant steps back for women. Here we are, the daughters of women who burnt their bras and make them xxx-large?

And 'enhancement' is very unhealthy - you could make it better on your body if you declined the medication, antibiotica, anestesia etc. but who does that? Unneccessary surgeries are speeding the development of resistant super bugs up - so in the long run it's unhealthy for all of us.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 02:37 PM  
Cardiogirl

How can you tell when they're fake? Unless she tells me, goes from flat to *PLADOW!* or went to a really bad surgeon and ends up looking like --> o0 I can never tell!

*off to watch Turbo Jam more closely...*
Cardiogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructors appearance