Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-20, 08:30 AM  
sherry7899

I think I need to break up with Chalene

I gave away CLX years ago (hurts my shoulders), but I held onto almost all the Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire workouts, and I have some Hip Hop Hustle classes as well.

I tried a Hip Hop Hustle dvd and found Chalene's "I'm so cool" attitude annoying in that, and I didn't find the workout fun either.

I thought I'd give Turbo Jam another try. I used to LOVE these classes. I've since moved onto Body Combat, and have not done any Turbo Jam in years. I know Turbo Fire is too fast for me now.

I did Punch, Kick and Jam this morning. I was not feeling the love. Chalene's cuing was off in this one. There were times I think she cued "upper cut" I could swear she was doing jabs. She seemed fake to me, and the mugging for the camera of the background exercisers just got on my nerves.

I think after doing Body Combat where excellent form is emphasized I just can't do her kickboxing anymore.

I don't know if I'll try the stretching/ toning workouts that came with Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire again or not. Any opinions on those? It has been YEARS since I've done any of them.

I also have the Turbo Fire HIIT set (I'm blanking on the name) but I will probably feel the same.

I think I hung onto these for nostalgia and the music.......

I don't mean to slam Chalene. I know a lot of people love her. I just don't think she is an instructor that I want to use anymore.

Thanks for listening!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:54 AM  
bubbles76

I understand what you mean completely. Same story -- loved Turbo Jam when it came out, returned to it some time later and noticed the same things. I have CLX on my tradelist, not that it is bad for me, but it's something about Chalene that just I just can't put my finger on. Well, and that one guy that is very annoying haha!

All this and I still want to try Piyo . I have a feeling that, once again, Chalene and I just won't click though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:06 AM  
fanofladyvols

Well I haven't blocked her number yet but we are definitely on a break. It has happened slowly and not sure why. Used to LOVE her. Then I purged Piyo since I never reached for it. Currently have Turbo jams in the purgatory pile. Right now, I am thinking I will just be keeping Turbofire.

I think I just need to see other people for kickboxing for awhile. Went kickboxing with Kelly, Sumi and Cathe. Not sure if this is what has led to my indifference to Chalene.

Funny, I have never felt this way about Janis or Billy.

I will say this happened to me with Ellen. Again, not sure why. I kept only two of her workouts. Then all of a sudden I did one of those out of the blue because there was no one else who could fit what I needed that day. I have been hunting Ellen workouts ever since.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 11:03 AM  
ncl

I hear ya. I like the energy she brings, but can’t do these too much b/c of shoulders. That said, if you want to get rid of Turbo Fire, I would buy them from you at the right price if you decide that is what you want to do.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 11:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I also have the Turbo Fire HIIT set (I'm blanking on the name) but I will probably feel the same....

.I think I hung onto these for nostalgia and the music.........
Sherry
I definitely hang onto them for the energy and music...what is the HIIT set though? All I seem to have is just the set of 15 DVDs.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 11:35 AM  
sherry7899

I meant the Fire Starter Pack. Oops!

Old 03-01-20, 01:55 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I don't mean to slam Chalene. I know a lot of people love her. I just don't think she is an instructor that I want to use anymore.

Thanks for listening!
Sherry

I do not look at it as slamming Chalene personally. I think you have just outgrown her.

You have tried her, took the journey with her, and now you are over her. Simple!

No guilt needed.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 02:21 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I do not look at it as slamming Chalene personally. I think you have just outgrown her.

You have tried her, took the journey with her, and now you are over her. Simple!

No guilt needed.
Thank you! I appreciate your post. My turbo jam dvds will be going to a good home, so I am happy they will get used. Plus, I will have more shelf space.

Old 03-01-20, 02:23 PM  
sherry7899

Ncl, are you on VF roost on Facebook? I may list Turbo Fire there.

Old 03-01-20, 03:04 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

How can one be added to VF roost? I think I tried once before, but haven't gotten the nod, yet.
Sorry for the thread hijack!

I felt somewhat similarly about Chalene the last time I pulled out a workout, and she was a major long-time favorite for me. Scared to try again, but not parting with my collection, yet.
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson