Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-12, 09:26 AM  
TinaT

For You Turbo Jam Veterans...

I have EVERY TJ made but I'm having a tough time figuring out which ones are super fast and which ones are a bit slower. Could someone/anyone list in order from slower pace to faster pace for me? I even have the ball workouts as well and please include those in the list. I'm not worried about length of the workouts as much as the pace. I'm wanting to use the "slower" routines right now and build up to the "faster". What is the pace of Total Body Blast?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 09:02 PM  
bettyboopboop

Hi Tina,

From the TJs I have, I would say they increase in intensity as follows:

20-Minute Workout
Cardio Party Mix 2
Cardio Party Remix
Cardio Party Mix 1
Kickin' Core
Punch Kick & Jam
Cardio Party Mix 3

I only tried Total Body Blast once, but I remember it was really hard for me.

HTH! I love TJ!
Old 03-29-12, 09:28 PM  
TinaT

I haven't tried Remix yet, so I'll give it go tomorrow. Thanks so much for taking the time to list them for me. I really like CP1 & CP2.

I did do Total Body Blast but I only used the SB for the ab work and used my 3 lb med ball for everything else. I feel like this workout really lets me work on form. I love the way I feel after TJ.

Thanks again.
Old 03-30-12, 09:58 PM  
bettyboopboop

Turbo Jam was amazing for me in that it helped me learn to do higher impact stuff. Due to my knees, I never did jump rope or anything in other videos, but I feel like it strengthened the muscles around my joints and then I could do a lot more! I even started running for a while. I love the combinations Chalene puts together. And I just love Chalene. I think she's super motivating and makes me feel good, even when I'm sweating buckets!

So glad you enjoy her workouts too!
Old 04-12-12, 10:15 AM  
TinaT

Beth ~ Did you use the sculpting routines as well? I like how she's tweaked it to be "new" vs. the standard sculpting moves.

With her two ball routines I don't use the SB for upper body as my ceiling is too low and it does feel awkward to me. But using my 3 lb med ball really works great and adds enough weight to work the upper body. I'm not a huge fan of SB work as it is, but Chalene has made it fun.
Old 04-12-12, 10:29 AM  
bettyboopboop

That's a great idea using the 3 lb med ball. I'm glad you like it! I used her 3T video and Ab Jam. I also used her Chalean Extreme weight training videos for a while too. I liked them all but prefer barre and pilates, so I don't think I stuck with any of them for more than a month. Ab Jam is still fun to pop in sometimes. I really like the stability ball section after the cardio in Kickin Core. Love how the sb let's me go really deep into the abs. And holding the ball is a workout for my upper body, especially after all those punches. Chalene is so amazing at working you out body, mind, and spirit. I just adore her.
Old 04-12-12, 11:53 AM  
TinaT

By any chance was there ever and "official" rotation for all the TJ workouts? One would think some kind of a rotation would have been created with so many routines. I literally own all of them and feel a bit overwhelmed trying to get a rotation together.

I'm so motivated right now and really want to stick with it. My daughter continues to get amazing results.

ETA: I noticed Fat Blaster was not on the list. I'm assuming you don't have this one. I bet it's probably somewhere near PKJ. My daughter says it has 3 Turbos in it.
Old 04-12-12, 01:41 PM  
JezthePuff2

Tina:

I ran across a TJ rotation on the Beachbody site a couple of weeks ago and just started it last night.

Hope this works:

LINK

I had started using the TJ videos a few weeks ago before we went on our cruise...I only did about a week of them, and I had already started to see some some changes. I ordered the rest of the videos and found this rotation because I wanted to see how things went after a good month.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 01:49 PM  
TinaT

Double post .. sorry.
Old 04-12-12, 01:51 PM  
TinaT

Thanks Jez for the link. I might not be able to do it exactly the way it's layed out but it gives me a platform to work from. CP3 is not even on my radar to try right now. I think it's the hardest of all of them, but I can sub in something else on those days. Fat Blaster is another one that I won't do right away. I just don't want to discourage myself.

I just want to be balance with what I'm asking my body to do. I even have the weighted gloves and try to get in 15 min of each routine before taking them off. I'm building up slowly to wearing them the entire workout. I really want to use them since I keep it low/no impact but want the intensity.

I did TJ for one week and also started seeing results .. but then got all freaky about not losing any weight and bailed on everything for about 2 weeks. Now I'm back at it .. and this time the number on the scale is not going to stop me.

Having the rotation in black and white is definitely a big help!

thanks again.

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson, turbo jam, turbo jam rotation