Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-11, 10:48 AM  
mmis29

Well I *have* it (vol 7) but haven't attempted it yet. I just did my vol 5 workouts, and love them both. Turbo Sport 2 is so tough (right up there with a TF Fire workout IMO) that even with a few confusing moments, I so think the DVD is worth it just for this one. It is paired with round 35 which also rocked. So much fun. I have a workout from vol 7 on my calendar for tonight so I'll be sure to report back!
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 10:59 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmis29 View Post
Well I *have* it (vol 7) but haven't attempted it yet. I just did my vol 5 workouts, and love them both. Turbo Sport 2 is so tough (right up there with a TF Fire workout IMO) that even with a few confusing moments, I so think the DVD is worth it just for this one. It is paired with round 35 which also rocked. So much fun. I have a workout from vol 7 on my calendar for tonight so I'll be sure to report back!
Thanks! Vol 5 is the only one I have. I had a hard decision deciding between Vol 3 and 5 cause I wanted a Turbo Sport - Vol 5 is awesome! I really enjoyed TS2!!! I was now trying to decide between fan vol. 3 and the newest vol. 7. Can't wait to hear what you thought!
Old 01-03-11, 08:39 PM  
mmis29

OK, Round 38, check! Well, MOST of round 38 that is. I am not a Finesse-y kind of person, so I always skip that segment. And most of abs got scrapped today too for a 2 1/2 year old that demanded my attention

So, that said, this workout was FUN. Chalene had some great new moves that I haven't seen before (mind you I've only done a handful of other rounds so these moves may just be new to me) which was nice. Some of the music is actually partly from one of the TF Fires but I can't place which one.

The round was broken out like the others to date: Punches, Kicks, Punches & Kicks, Turbo, Recovery, Finale, Finesse, Legs and Abs. The intensity level was right up there with maybe an easier of the Fire workouts. Even the recovery section was pretty tough, IMO. I loved every sweaty second of it. Wait I take that back - there WAS a section that involved excessive "air humping" as another VFer once referred to it! I thought that the leg segment was more easier cardio than legs but it didn't last very long. Abs like I said I didn't get to do very much of so I can't really review that fairly other than to say that there is a modifier in the front showing an easier version of the moves that the rest of the crew is doing.

Next review will be for Best of Vol 7 -- I am planning on doing that one tomorrow as long as my abs/back aren't screaming from a new round
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 09:21 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmis29 View Post
OK, Round 38, check! Well, MOST of round 38 that is. I am not a Finesse-y kind of person, so I always skip that segment. And most of abs got scrapped today too for a 2 1/2 year old that demanded my attention

So, that said, this workout was FUN. Chalene had some great new moves that I haven't seen before (mind you I've only done a handful of other rounds so these moves may just be new to me) which was nice. Some of the music is actually partly from one of the TF Fires but I can't place which one.

The round was broken out like the others to date: Punches, Kicks, Punches & Kicks, Turbo, Recovery, Finale, Finesse, Legs and Abs. The intensity level was right up there with maybe an easier of the Fire workouts. Even the recovery section was pretty tough, IMO. I loved every sweaty second of it. Wait I take that back - there WAS a section that involved excessive "air humping" as another VFer once referred to it! I thought that the leg segment was more easier cardio than legs but it didn't last very long. Abs like I said I didn't get to do very much of so I can't really review that fairly other than to say that there is a modifier in the front showing an easier version of the moves that the rest of the crew is doing.

Next review will be for Best of Vol 7 -- I am planning on doing that one tomorrow as long as my abs/back aren't screaming from a new round

Is it R38 and Best of Vol 7? I didn't think Best of 7 was released yet!
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 09:23 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Awesome! I went ahead and ordered Volume 7 today instead of 3. It looked really fun, and I've never done a "best of" workout, so I figured it would be interesting, and honestly maybe I wouldn't have to get the VD before it if this is a "best of" right? I also already have TS2, which is great, but I figured something different . . .TS3 is out for instructors now, which means it will be out to fans eventually.
Old 01-03-11, 09:24 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
Is it R38 and Best of Vol 7? I didn't think Best of 7 was released yet!
I think it's "best of volume 6", but the actual DVD is Fan volume 7, so it's kinnda confusing.
Old 01-04-11, 12:13 AM  
lilmonkey2

A-Bot, your slow buying challenge isn't going so well
So is the only way to get these workouts by calling?
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:30 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
A-Bot, your slow buying challenge isn't going so well
So is the only way to get these workouts by calling?
Yea, I know - I think it's cause I didn't indulge in December (which was also my b-day month) before I knew the slow buy challenge was coming up. Oh well though, I'm not buying anything till February now !! Only trades are allowed (I am SO bad - at least I'm being honest though!)

Oh, and to your REAL question - yes, you have to call them to order the DVDs.
Old 01-04-11, 10:57 AM  
shelleyann

Is Fan Volume 7 the new one with Turbo Sport? How do you find it? I can't find out how to order. I'm not a fan club member anymore, but we can still order, right? Help!
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:58 AM  
shelleyann

What??? Why is it $75 for one dvd??? And you have to be an instructor? I can't find the fan one.
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson, piyo fan, powder blue, turbo kick, turbo kick fan, turbo sport