Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-10, 09:59 PM  
mmis29

Turbo Kick Fan Workouts

Hey All - I just ordered my first TK Fan DVD (vol 3) and am wondering how intense they are? Can anyone tell me how these workouts compare to TF? TIA!! I am so excited to try Turbo Sport, it's gotten so many rave reviews on this site
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 11:37 PM  
fitness*fanatic

I'd rate them somewhere in between TJ and TF - they're more intense than the Turbo Jams, but not as frantic as Turbo Fire. Volume 3 is my personal favorite of the fan volumes.
fitness*fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 07:46 AM  
Diana3271

I agree with fitness*fanatic, based on the one I have, Vol 3. If there isn't going to be any more Turbo Fire workouts, I wish Chalene would do some longer Turbo Kick workouts.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 08:55 AM  
shelleyann

I love the Turbo Sport and I like Chalene's sister leading. Does anyone know...I can't tell from the Turbokick website, if there are any more Turbo Sport workouts besides the first two?
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 10:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I agree with fitness*fanatic, based on the one I have, Vol 3. If there isn't going to be any more Turbo Fire workouts, I wish Chalene would do some longer Turbo Kick workouts.
Aren't they almost an hour in length already?? I have 3,5 & 6 and they're each an hour long! I like my TK a lot, and I agree, they're in between TJ & TF.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 10:57 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
I love the Turbo Sport and I like Chalene's sister leading. Does anyone know...I can't tell from the Turbokick website, if there are any more Turbo Sport workouts besides the first two?
There are only two Turbo Sports to date.

The newest Turbo Kick workouts are closer to the Turbo Kick workouts in intensity. Chalene has definitely upped the intensity in the last two to three Turbo Kick workouts. The choreography has gotten a bit trickier, too.

The workouts in its entirety is close to an hour. This includes the finesse/lower body/upper body/stretch sections.

The Turbo Fire workouts with more than one fire drill and finales are formatted like her Best of workouts.

The big difference right now is that the music in the Turbo Kick workouts isn't as good as the Turbo Fire workouts. I don't even think the music on the cds is that good.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 11:37 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Aren't they almost an hour in length already?? I have 3,5 & 6 and they're each an hour long! I like my TK a lot, and I agree, they're in between TJ & TF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
The workouts in its entirety is close to an hour. This includes the finesse/lower body/upper body/stretch sections.
I think, like Debbie said, the workout in its entirety is close to an hour. I think the actual cardio part is between 30-40 minutes.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 11:41 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I think, like Debbie said, the workout in its entirety is close to an hour. I think the actual cardio part is between 30-40 minutes.
Yes, that's absolutely true.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 12:34 PM  
Malinda

While I like the music on TK (not as much as TF, but it still beats the music on any other cardio DVDs that I know of), I don't think it is loud enough. I love the "Pump Up the Music" option on TF. I wish I could increase the volume of the music on the TKs without increasing the volume of Chalene as well. Not that I don't love her, of course. Her voice is just a little hard on my rinky-dink speakers.
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 06:36 PM  
iamme323

I have been wondering (ok, sounds dumb...) but how do you get in on these workouts? I am loving Turbo Fire and these (the clips) look fun too.
How much are they?
TIA
Trish

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson, piyo fan, powder blue, turbo kick, turbo kick fan, turbo sport