Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-23, 01:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I just started "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds." The first season is free on Prime during June.

I'm a big fan of ST:TOS (The Original Series). I never really cared for The Next Generation, Voyager or any of the other ST iterations.

This new one is not bad. I'm going to keep watching and see if the characters grow on me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 11:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I finished the first season of ST: Strange New Worlds. I liked it, but not enough to subscribe to Paramount+.

I've started on the Japanese mini-series, The Days (2023).

It is a docudrama about the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. It's grim viewing. I might have passed on it, but it stars one of my favorite actors, Koji Yakusho.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-15-23, 07:37 AM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Ardnas, thanks for recommending Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Dh and I just finished it. Now I want to live by the ocean I’m South Korea lol.

My daughter recommended Crash Landing on You. I was planning on watching that next.
You're welcome. Me too!

Have Crash Landing on You in my too watch list, haven't gotten to it yet. Too many good Kdramas to see, so little time.
Old 06-15-23, 07:58 AM  
sherry7899

I haven't started it yet, but they made a series based on the movie "The Full Monty." It is on Hulu.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-23, 08:42 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
Jane P., I saw that there's a complete additional season to Astrid that's been shown in France. Looking forward to when it comes to the U.S.

Mimi
I'm currently watching a Spanish series, La Otra Mirada and a French series called Olivia. I've got Astrid on my to-watch list. It is on PBS Passport.
Old 06-15-23, 12:03 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm surprised to see so much praise for FUBAR, we couldn't even finish episode 1. Just couldn't get into it.

That said, I'm loving Arnold, his documentary in three parts covering bodybuilder, movie star and politician eras. It's very well done. My faith in Arnold is renewed - except the housekeeper affair part of his life. Arnold what did you do!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-23, 01:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I watched "Dirty John." Based on true events. It reminds me of the old expression, "When you're wearing rose-colored glasses, you don't see the red flags."

I'm going to watch the second season next. That one is based on the Betty Broderick story.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-15-23, 02:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I wouldn't call it "binge" watching, as I'm unable to see it all at once. I don't subscribe to any of the paid streaming services or specific genre channels. Instead, I watch a couple episodes of Doc Martin once a week per PBS. It is such a fun show!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-23, 03:19 PM  
Carol K

I don't actually binge either. I watch one or two episodes a week, even if I have access to all of them. I'm a sustaining member of my local PBS station, so I can stream anything on PBS Passport. But I don't have any other streaming subscriptions.
Old 06-17-23, 05:50 AM  
mimikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I'm currently watching a Spanish series, La Otra Mirada and a French series called Olivia. I've got Astrid on my to-watch list. It is on PBS Passport.
Thanks for these two Carol, I've never heard of them. I put them on my list. All the 'Walter Presents' series I've watched on PBS Passport have been terrific.

I've been looking into Marnow Murders, but it's only on a streaming site that I don't subscribe to. Hoping it will come up somewhere accessible.

I just watched the last 2 Happy Valley episodes on dailymotion. I couldn't wait for them to come on BBC. *So good*!

Mimi
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic