Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-23, 05:16 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Thankyou Pam!! and you're right - I need to do some FUN stuff - otherwise another I'm likely to drop out of another Cathe heavy weights rotation, and I'm feeling almost excited about that already (the fun, that is); though the sense of satisfaction when the stretch began on that final workout was HUGE!
Woo Hoooo!!!! Congratulations on being done! I know it feels good!

I agree with Pam, and your thoughts, it should be all about fun! at least a month of fun, then think about STS 2.0. I also agree with Pam, that STS 2.0 is so goooood! STS 2.0 is now my favorite Cathe program. Once I'm done with my 8 weeks of STS 2.0, I'm going to take a month off and then probably do one of the shorter rotations.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-23, 02:36 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Thank you, AMD.

I am absolutely loving STS 2.0, but I was tired Tuesday. I went on a hike and the heat (high humidity) just wiped me out! I had every intention of doing Shoulders yesterday, but just didn't have the energy to lift any weight whatsoever.

I've really got a thing going on over at the Man Flow Yoga Community (Dean Pohlman's) devotees. They began a new yoga challenge on July 10th called Sore to Strong which combines some intense STRENGTH (mostly bodyweight exercises) with recovery workouts. The muscle building workouts are tough and you need that recovery day afterwards.

Last month I stuck to mostly Cathe's Mobility, Stretch, Yoga, Recovery workouts...but am now enjoying real athletic yoga almost every day this month, taught by an EXCELLENT instructor.

You are doing GREAT, and your consistency has been admirable. It feels so good to be sticking to a rotation with such purpose, doesn't it?!

With Shoulders today, I kept thinking of Cathe's injury. Well YEAH, when she's doing presses with a 40lb barbell, among other things.

Thanks again, for your kind words!
Pam, I could NEVER do a STS weight workout after my walks!!! I am just spent!! Today after I got home from my walk, I looked like I just got out of the shower and my face was beet red, LOL! Of course the humidity level doesn't help either but there is no way - they are meant to be done on other days I don't do my cardio and I have more energy to give them my all.... (although yesterday my energy level was very low for Tri Sets! I had to take an extra break before that last leg block!!)/It is great when you find an instructor you really like - and yoga instructors are hard to come by! I bet you're noticing chats are so much easier now too. /Re: Cathe and the Shoulders Body Parts, I think I did the same thing by thinking "what? you're going to use a 40# BB for shoulder presses right out of the gate???" I've been going lighter for that workout, just b/c I don't want to be out of commission with a shoulder injury. Sometimes I can be a glutton for punishment but not when it comes to shoulders!!

T2B, I think you'll be enjoying the body parts...they're tied with the total body workouts for me. And I agree, this is my FAVORITE Cathe program, ever!!! There's just so much variety with all the DVD's.

Helen, Yay!!! Congrats! That rotation is tough! Will you be trying out your yoga trapeze workouts during your fun break??

Now that I made it through the 6 week rotation, I may be incorporating all the workouts in my rotation for a few weeks (or until I get tired of them, LOL). I may be putting other instructors in the mix too....we'll see. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind on the whole idea. ;0)

Have a great weekend, all!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-23, 05:59 PM  
Helen

So.... given the final few days of school holidays, tried to push to get a jumper (sweater) I'm knitting finished, & it's been cold. Stayed snuggled with my dog in a warm room binging with Bones (a DD is a forensic chemist doing her Ph.D.) so have totally slothed, apart from dog walks when not raining.

BUT, amongst the knitting, downloaded & made into playable DVDs, discs for CDorner Mobility, Michelle Briehler - Rebounder, & Fitness with PJ - Bosu.

Sucessfully did NO school-work whilst on holidays!

ETA Wednesday
Have finally begun STS2. I'm going with the STS2/RWH rotation so cardio can't get neglected.
Tri Sets Total Body today. Didn't look at the clock at all, so for a 60min workout, it went by happily.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-23, 12:44 PM  
CabCalloway

I've been a slacker wrt these check-ins. Spent the morning with my son at the Y doing the circuit. Now we're doing yard work (well we're on a break). Waves to all.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-23, 03:23 PM  
AnMrsDe

August thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...76#post3005376

Hope everyone is hanging in there with the heat!! Sounds like most of us are affected....stay cool!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts