Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-24, 04:43 AM  
Camember

Lee Holden's 30 day challenge, let's go!

I was in Amazon Spain, looking for new workouts to add to my wishlist, when I saw Lee Holden's 30 day challenge for €19.95. It has been out of stock for months and, when it used to be in stock, it was about €50, so I have ordered a copy that will arrive on Friday. It was an unexpected bargain!

I intend to do a pilates 10-25 minute workout everyday and add one of these 30 day challenge routines to finish.

I've wanted this DVD for a loooooong time. Has anybody done it or does anyone do it regularly? What are other VFer impressions about it? I have only done Lucy Lloyd's Barker Tai Chi Qi Gong DVDs, so I have not much experience with Qi Gong
Camember is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 09:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I love this program. I've been planning to follow along again in April since it's a 30 day month. I've done it several times. One time a bunch of us followed along, Vintage VF'er started the challenge.

I appreciate that the routines are only 7 minutes, it's easy to follow along to, and the beautiful scenery. Enjoy!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 09:57 AM  
cyana

I purchased this program when it was originally released. I can't begin to count how many times I've gone through the challenge. The short episodes make a great warm-up or relaxing cool down for other work-outs/disciplines.

Lee is a very good instructor with a pleasant, low key demeanor. I love the central California coast scenery and ocean sounds.

I hope you enjoy your purchase.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 10:06 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you for the reminder! I need to use this again.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 10:43 AM  
Camember

Reading your comments makes me even impatient to start the challenge as soon as it arrives home. Your experiences sound great
Camember is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 11:02 AM  
Vantreesta

I would say this is one of my best DVD purchases. I can easily add on a 7 minute routine and I find them more mentally relaxing than any other type of exercise, especially when I have a headache. Enjoy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 02:09 PM  
warriorprincess

I've been doing these workouts every single morning after coffee and dog walking for 6+ years now. It's part of my morning routine. So yeah, best purchase ever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 05:53 PM  
JanaK

I do one episode of Classical Stretch Season 12 and then the Lee Holden 30 day Challenge. Same as the day of the month for both. Works great because I don't have to decide what workout to do. I love the ocean background in the 30 Day challenge. And seven minutes is a good time to add on to CS.
Old 03-18-24, 02:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I love Lee's 30 Day Challenge workouts! I do them frequently and they're a great combination with strength training or just warming/cooling down the body in a gentle way. When my neck/shoulders are bothering me, I reach for Lee's workouts. They're fluid, meditative and relaxing. Usually about every two or three months, I've got him in my rotation to add to whatever else I'm doing. Perfect for a light day, when you're too tired, exhausted, sore, recovering from illness, depression, etc.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-24, 04:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Lee's 30-Day Challenge is great! When I do it, I do it first thing in the AM. It's too cold in the winter, so I do it when the weather is warmer.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lee holden, lee holden 30-day, qi gong, ymaa