Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 02:43 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

PBOD - Pilates Strength One. Ouch! Every time I thought we're done, Tracey would say "let's do another 8 reps for the good luck"

Buffmama, was it 10 min bedtime stretch you did with Justina? I think I would use her workouts more often if they were easier to stream. Not a fan of somble so far..

Donna, good luck with choosing a contractor!

Waves, Carol, Christine and Beth!
Old 03-27-24, 06:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Still not feeling very good, but I have managed to get some movement in the last couple of days:

Tuesday - Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes
Wednesday - Silver & Fit - Outdoor Circuit Workout with Stacey Lei 3/26/24 - 30 minutes

This workout with Stacey was filmed somewhere in southern India. A cow wandered by during the workout, and somehow Stacey managed to get Miss Foxy Brown into India with her. Not sure how that happened.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:09 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peukalo-Liisa View Post
Hello everyone,

PBOD - Pilates Strength One. Ouch! Every time I thought we're done, Tracey would say "let's do another 8 reps for the good luck"

Buffmama, was it 10 min bedtime stretch you did with Justina? I think I would use her workouts more often if they were easier to stream. Not a fan of somble so far..
[/B]!
I hope you talk back to Tracy. I can't imagine I would be able to contain myself. Yes, that's the one. I checked it's not on YouTube. If you're having so much trouble with Somble, how was the platform she used before? She got out of there pretty quickly.
Old 03-27-24, 08:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I did do some Pilates today, a small ball routine from Pilates & Yoga with Katja:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Ep6JRqF4Q

Does anyone else have creaky knees? Mine don't hurt but are getting creakier! I mentioned it to my PCP yesterday at my annual physical, but she just said it's a normal age thing. I did a little of a Jessica Valant routine for knees (but stopped because it wasn't really follow-along). I am thinking about trying this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUn_YZkEA_U

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 04:39 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

PBOD - Strength Training Two. It was a bit meh. Tracey was overly happy and squealing 'woohoo!', while I didn't share her enthusiasm Some compound moves felt rather awkward - e.g. plank jumps with your hands on dumbbells combined with overhead press. I think I will sub her strength days with Justina's, as they make more sense to me.

Justina - 10 min bedtime stretch. It was a very nice and flowy stretch / mobility routine. Thanks Buffmama for mentioning it!

Beth, I have days when almost everything is creaky. It's better if I add some daily Essentrics / Mobility. From what I've read, as long as it doesn't hurt there is nothing to worry about.

Buffmama, Justina's previous platform was more basic - there was no search or option to favourite a video. It seems casting works better for me, if I do it from my laptop vs app, so maybe I'll try it this way. And I do talk to Tracey, lol!

Carol, glad you're getting a bit better.

Waves, Donna and Christine!
Old 03-28-24, 07:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Polina, oh yes, I have tons of creakiness in my neck/shoulders! I actually really didn't think much about the knees, but DH was worried that my exercise is having a negative impact. He referred to my "step" work, which I found kind of funny - I do have a "Fanny Lifter" (not a full sized step), I do step work maybe once every few months.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-28-24, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is so dreary here!

Yesterday I forced myself to do some Lucy Wyndham Read after work - I had been a slug sitting all day - and I knew I needed to move some. I did a 20 Min Walk with her and then a 5 min cardio type workout. Her stuff is easy to fit in since it is not fancy.

I really do need to make getting some walking in a priority - I sit all day. I was thinking of trying to do 1 mile in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 after work. On "cardio" days I can ease up on that if necessary. I can get out to walk if the weather is nice, I can dust off our unused treadmill or I can do a video walk. The 1 mile in the morning can be my pre-workout warm up

Today I did:

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Sculp
t - this is on her All Access Pass but also on DVD. I enjoyed it as I love fusion workouts!

Beth - my knees have been creaky for years - they are one part of my body that doesn't bother me though! My hips are creaky too and sometimes they bother me as do my neck and shoulders sometimes. I have heard if there is no pain it is nothing to worry about.

Carol - nice workouts - yes, I wonder how Stacey traveled with her dog out of the country. In Jessica's workout today there were some dogs in the background playing in the water. I do need to get into some of the Silver & Fit workouts - they are good and so much variety.

Waves, everyone! I took off Friday and Monday for Easter so I'm looking forward to a long weekend.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 08:12 AM  
buffmama

PA Classic 34: swan dive to side kicks; his modifications aren't always the same as expected so it's nice to hear
Old 03-28-24, 09:12 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

Walk (30 min)
Margaret Elizabeth - Pilates/Cardio Fusion (10 min)

I skipped the standing work at the end, which was the "cardio". Otherwise, I liked the mat work.

Donna, it's dreary here too, and we're getting more rain. I love how easy it is to fit in a Lucy workout! She's really zero dread for me. I'm thinking of buying that Jessica Smith DVD with the fusion workouts on it.

Beth, I don't know if creaky is the right word for me, but my knees definitely make some crackling sounds when I straighten my legs if they've been bent too long. I do think it's harmless if there's no pain.

Polina, I appreciate your reviews of each Tracy workout! The more I read, the less interested I am in that program. Thanks for helping me get rid of one temptation, lol.

Carol, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I'm still feeling a bit run down, but overall better.

Waves, Buffmama!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 10:05 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

VF is aging - I think we are full of people with creaky/squeaky/crackling body parts!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
wall pilates