Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-11, 07:04 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Gotcha. This one is on youtube, right?
Yes, Shammy, this is the one on YouTube.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 06:27 AM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I have been doing Tonique for a few years. As a matter of fact from February of 2010 through February of 2011, I did Tonique almost daily. I clocked in 353 sessions of it in that one year. I was obsessed with it. I never bulked up at all. My legs leaned out and my Glutes lifted. I used Tonique Premier and Tonique 2-1 and 2-2. I would also throw in some of her mat work. I always used 3# weights with Premier and 2-1, I used 2# weights with 2-2 through the whole workout. I thi k this is a great workout to use for anyone who is shaped like a pear. I don't think you cam go wrong at all with Tonique, plus you get a great Cardio effect for the bonus.

Cheryl
Wow Cheryl! That is really impressive. How were your arm results or did you use other arm workouts?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 10:29 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona View Post
I've noticed that when I've done squats in the past with 'heavy' weights (20+ lbs), my legs seemed to get bigger, which I really don't want. I'm a pear, btw. Has anyone experienced any positive or negative changes in their legs with unweighted squats?
I've had nice results in the past from Brazil Butt Lift, which includes a whole lotta squats and lunges, mostly unweighted. (The Sculpt workout is weighted, and includes more squats & lunges, but I use 5-7 lb dumbbells for that workout.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 10:32 AM  
in paris

A question about Tonique Premier... Sylwia was redoing the voice-over, wasn't she?
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 12:07 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
A question about Tonique Premier... Sylwia was redoing the voice-over, wasn't she?
Not Sylwia, a British lady was reading the voice-over. My least favorite part, by the way as there is something a bit cheesy about the voice-over. Great workout though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 12:19 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
Not Sylwia, a British lady was reading the voice-over. My least favorite part, by the way as there is something a bit cheesy about the voice-over. Great workout though.
Sigh... I want to start doing this again (it's my favourite of the bunch), but I really can't take that voice.

I started doing my own soundtrack (cutting the songs to the movement so I knew when to switch exercises/legs) and it looks like I will finish the job now.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 12:28 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
I love the original voice-over I laughed so hard the first time through---- there's something hilarious about that prim and proper voice mixed with Sylvia's robotic endurance. It has a hint of Mistress "Spanks-a-Lot"

ETA: I really need a laugh when doing this workout!
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 01:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
I love the original voice-over I laughed so hard the first time through---- there's something hilarious about that prim and proper voice mixed with Sylvia's robotic endurance. It has a hint of Mistress "Spanks-a-Lot"

ETA: I really need a laugh when doing this workout!
I usually alternate between thinking she's sitting there eating bonbons in between talking and imaging she's sitting there with some guy doing -- ahem-- other things in between talking.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 10:00 PM  
fitmummy

The voice over is a joke/what was she thinking using british accent???/i love Sylwia and her workouts/her attitude towards women/her spirit and passion/ i actually never met anyone like her. I use only 2lbs weights and I lost lots of inches doing Tonique/my legs and butt never looked better/repetitions wont bulk you/email Sylwia with questions she always answers mine
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lunges, squats, tonique