Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-02-24, 06:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Exercises for Nervous System Regulation - 14 minutes & 10 Minute Pilates Stretch Workout;
Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes

JVP's Exercises for Nervous System Regulation was mostly just breathing exercises with a little bit of movement thrown in. I probably won't revisit it often.

Camember - Suzanne Bowen is tough! I find her ab work especially difficult, despite doing her streaming pretty faithfully for a couple of years.

Polina - That does sound hopeful!

Donna - Nice workout variety. I love all the shorter workouts Jessica has posted.

buffmama - Good job with Mira!

Carol
Old 05-03-24, 07:20 AM  
buffmama

Today was the last day of Mira's challenge - it was a FB flow. Lots of spinal articulation all week made it feel easier at the end of week than the beginner. That's a win in my book. She posts weekly schedules on YouTube so I may do another in the future.
Old 05-03-24, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Jessica Valant - All Levels Full Body Dumbbell Workout - this was a good one - very much like all of Jessica's weight workouts - basic moves, but she does show different variations that you can do to make it easier or harder. Good pace - nothing too frantic so you can focus on your form and get fuller ranges of motion. Overall a winner for me.

Jessica Valant - Basic Thoracic Mobility - this is from the Core Challenge playlist. One I have done before.

Outdoor Walk - 30 min. This is our last nice day for a bit - it is supposed to rain all weekend.

I have the day off today- which is nice!

Carol - I did not do the breathing routine - I know this sounds crazy but those types of workouts tend to make me more anxious, rather than less!

buffmama- nice job with Mira, I will have to put her on my list to try!

Camembert - I agree with Carol about Suzanne. Does she still have a streaming service or did she "retire"?

Waves, Polina, Christine, Beth and anyone else stopping by!

Take care,

Donna
Old 05-03-24, 08:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - All Levels Full Body Dumbbell Workout - 30 minutes

I found JVP's weights workout challenging today - perhaps because I was still sore from Wednesday's upper body workout, or perhaps because I had a massage a couple of hours earlier. I was already pretty noodlely from the massage and now I am just finished.

Donna - I remember you saying that before about breathing workouts. I think Suzanne does still have her streaming service.

Carol
Old 05-04-24, 02:27 AM  
Camember

Yesterday I finished my weekly rotation with a Stott video. It was one with a ball (I modified to their mat alternatives as I do not intend to buy such a big piece of equipment).

It was very nice (Stotts are my favourites). And I was very happy to be able to perform one of the exercises well for the first time: you're on all fours, but hold the position just on hands and toes, with knees rised some centimeters. Then you rise s bit one foot, put it down, rise the other, put it down and repeat, all at a very slow pace. I used to tremble like a leaf in that movement and couldn't stand into position all the time without lowering my knees. But this time no trembling, quite good form and I held the position without suffering. I'm getting better! I have no visible results yet, but I'm getting a bit stronger. So happy!!! Maybe in 3-6 months I will get to intermediate fitness level (I consider myself more than beginner but not intermediate yet). I'm progressing! sun:

Regarding Suzanne Bowen, I have several of her 10 minute solution videos. I have never done streaming.

Happy weekend to everybody!!!!
Old 05-04-24, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

it is a rainy one here today and it is forecast to rain tomorrow and be kind of yucky in the upcoming week so I'm glad I got so much walking done this past week when the weather was nice

Anyway, today, so far:

Essentrics TV - Full Body Workout w/ Jenny Bertrand

Jessica Valant - Pilates Basics (isn't today Pilates Day, as well as Star Wars day?)

I enjoyed both. I will look for ways to get some steps in today - maybe an indoor walk.

Camember - nice job with the Stott workout and seeing progress. I have a few Stott workouts, I should pull them out and try them again.

Carol - that massage sounds nice -

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna
Old 05-04-24, 08:44 AM  
buffmama

Flow with Mira - we got a nice 30 min dynamic stretch as a 'bonus' I guess

Donna - I feel the same way. I started doing qi gong with Kseny during my 'meditation' period/year for that very reason.
Old 05-04-24, 11:54 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Yesterday was Lia's Fun day 1: Core fundamentals series. It's a part of her 5 days beginner program, and I definitely feel my abs today.

Today was a long outdoor walk. I've been feeling stressed and tired lately, so I plan to scale down my activity and focus on Lia / barre3.

Carol, I found breathing exercises beneficial when I was recovering from COVID, but don't think I would have enough patience to do them now.

Camember, nice progress!

Donna, it's raining here as well. Typical Dutch weather

Buffmama, did you like Kseny?
Old 05-05-24, 07:42 AM  
buffmama

PA Tactile Feedback with a small ball - thumbs up on this attention to detail beginner practice

Polina - I found Kseny quite soothing. I also like that she has a lot of short practices so I was using them daily.
Old 05-05-24, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Jenny Ford - March Across the UK - # 3 - Tenby, Wales. This was a typical Jenny Ford walk - nothing wrong with that!

Jessica Valant - Beginner Core Workout - this was a 15 min basic workout.

I may squeeze in some Essentrics later today for some extra movement. it is raining and dreary here today.

Polina - I'm sorry you are stressed! I have had some worry going on myself, so I hear you. Walking is very therapeutic for me when stressed.

buffmama - glad I'm not the only one with breath work - I have eyed Kseny but haven't tried anything form her yet.

Hope everyone has a good day! Going to be low key here today with the rain!

take care,

Donna

Tags
wall pilates