Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-11, 02:12 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
There are few Bar Methods that sold recently for $12.99 and maximum $22, some are listed at Amazon used for $20 so you really have to watch your prices daily if you want to get buyers.
This is true. And if there are many of the same item, you may not get that many bids. Also, consider that people may be wary of a new ebayer trying to sell things for a high price.
I would start out selling items that are less dear to me on ebay. You wouldn't want your DVDs that you paid hard earned money for and that you hold dear (as we vidiots do) go for $2 or 3.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 02:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
This is true. And if there are many of the same item, you may not get that many bids. Also, consider that people may be wary of a new ebayer trying to sell things for a high price.
I would start out selling items that are less dear to me on ebay. You wouldn't want your DVDs that you paid hard earned money for and that you hold dear (as we vidiots do) go for $2 or 3.
If I am selling something I want a certain amount for, I put a reserve price on it. Then it won't sell unless the bidding gets to that amount.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 04:15 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
If I am selling something I want a certain amount for, I put a reserve price on it.
Honestly it seems to me that reserve auctions are very unpopular. As a buyer, I hate placing a bid on an item with a reserve. It kind of ruins the fun of bidding! You may want to consider selling it on Amazon instead, there's not too much involved in setting up to sell on Amazon & they will deposit into your bank account (though I do think there is a certain amount of time you have to wait on your first deposit so it may not be a practical solution for you for the zoo trip). Right now the cheapest Fat Free is $21.91 and Designer Sculpting is $40. There are no box sets with both on Amazon right now!
Old 07-08-11, 04:40 PM  
Stephanie_B

Becky and Ruth have good points. I won't buy from a reserve auction and I also do not buy via Ebay or Amazon without someone with RECENT positive reviews. I also don't buy from Yayas unless I recognize the poster. Now the only exception to the Yaya rule would be a long-time VFer that just joined Yayas. It probably isn't very "fair" but if you get burned on a trade or sale, you start to just watch it.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
selling, selling dvds