Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-10, 08:05 PM  
bfit

looking for walking audio cds

I have a walking audio cd with Chris Freytag that came with the Prevention Walk Yourself Fit workout. I really like it. It has a warm up, a cool down, and several 10-15 minute walking workouts (e.g., pyramid walk, interval walk); you can do all of them or only some of them. If you do it all it lasts a little over an hour. Most of it is just music (with just the right beats per minute for what you're supposed to be doing), but Chris makes some encouraging comments here and there and explains what each segment involves. I use it for walking outside with my weighted vest.

I'd like to find something similar so I have some more variety. I tried Kathy Smith's walking cds, and they were too slow for me. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer cds but downloads are OK too.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 08:16 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I have a walking audio cd with Chris Freytag that came with the Prevention Walk Yourself Fit workout. I really like it. It has a warm up, a cool down, and several 10-15 minute walking workouts (e.g., pyramid walk, interval walk); you can do all of them or only some of them. If you do it all it lasts a little over an hour. Most of it is just music (with just the right beats per minute for what you're supposed to be doing), but Chris makes some encouraging comments here and there and explains what each segment involves. I use it for walking outside with my weighted vest.

I'd like to find something similar so I have some more variety. I tried Kathy Smith's walking cds, and they were too slow for me. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer cds but downloads are OK too.
I dont have any recs for you but this CD does sound good! Where can I get it? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 08:42 PM  
cpcathy

I think Collage may still carry the DVD (comes with the walking CD), or else Amazon for sure. Maybe check a Borders store if you have one nearby. I actually like the CD more than the DVD! Kathy Smith also has a walking CD --several, I think--one came with Project You, and it's the only item I kept from that set. However, I like Chris' CD more.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 09:29 PM  
bfit

Yes, this Chris Freytag one is definitely a keeper. I originally got it from Collage. It came with (in the same case with) the Prevention workout called Walk Yourself Fit with Chris Freytag. I'm assuming that if you buy this workout (from Collage or anywhere else) you still get the DVD and the audio CD in the same package. I like the audio CD better than the DVD workout too, but the DVD is OK. By the way, if you get it. the audio CD is more fun when you actually do it than when you just listen to it. When I just listened I thought it sounded kind of boring, but when I actually did it, it was fun.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 09:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, though they are more intended for running, you could try Cardio Coach and just use a walking pace, and use a walking sprint in place of the running sprint. Just a thought..... you can definitely mix and match his stuff -- that's one thing I like about it.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 01:19 AM  
bigtree

This Debbie Rocker one comes with a CD:-

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/DEBB...KING-p/122.htm
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 02:40 AM  
LAC

There is a CD in the Weight Watchers Walking Kit led by Ellen Barrett. I think WW recently discontinued selling this, but it can still be found on Amazon Marketplace and eBay.

There was also a CD in the Gaiam Walking Fit Kit led by Madeleine Lewis. Used copies of the CD can be purchased separately via Amazon Marketplace.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 11:14 AM  
Seattlefoodie

I found a great CD collection (3 of them) at Costco a couple of months ago for less than $10! It's called the Shape Cardio Top 40 hits. The pace is FAST, expecially on discs 2 &3. Most people see me coming and "get out of the way". It really pushes me since the CD's range in the 130- 148 BPM range.

Hope you can find it!
Seattlefoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 05:00 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I use downloads (free!) from www.podrunner.com for walking. There is no vocal encouragement, but they are specific bpm's, with a wide range available, as well as some "staircase" mixes (that increase, then decrease in tempo) and some "ramp mixes" (that just increase), as well as some interval training programs for doing a 5k, 8k or 10k (they were developed for running, so they don't quite correspond to walking times).

I discovered Podrunner after I'd bought several walking CD's by different instructors, and found them to be in general too slow for me (or with crappy music, like some of Kathy Smith's stuff).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-10, 03:00 PM  
LAC

I just noticed that there are some Chris Freytag walking MP3 downloads for sale on Amazon. They look like they are different than what is on her Prevention Walking CD.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chris freytag, prevention, walking audio, walking cds, walking workouts