Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-23, 01:07 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Best mat/puzzle mats for cardio in basement?

I know this has probably been answered elsewhere but the search function is not working. I recently had to tear out the carpeting in my basement and am now seeking the best mat(s) for cardio--either a solid mat or puzzle pieces.

I've read a ton of reviews and so many of the puzzle pieces say they come apart with cardio moves. I know you all are the best at this stuff and I'm so overwhelmed with choice that I need your input!

Thank you!
Donna H
Old 07-17-23, 10:54 AM  
Vantreesta

I have puzzle mats covering the floor wall to wall and then a room-sized carpet remnant over them. This has worked for me, although I have recently had to buy a jump rope mat for extra cushioning when jumping rope. My gym is in the basement on a cement floor. I doubt I have the best puzzle mats for the job, though. I think I bought mine at Lowe's or a similar store.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-23, 10:58 AM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I have puzzle mats covering the floor wall to wall and then a room-sized carpet remnant over them. This has worked for me, although I have recently had to buy a jump rope mat for extra cushioning when jumping rope. My gym is in the basement on a cement floor. I doubt I have the best puzzle mats for the job, though. I think I bought mine at Lowe's or a similar store.
There are so many choices and so many say when doing cardio they come apart. Maybe your carpet remnant solves that issue. I'm leaning toward a full-size mat but wondering if anybody has something like that. In the interim, I'm working out in my family room and it's NOT WORKING.
Old 07-17-23, 10:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Mine are wall to wall so I don't think they could separate even without the remnant but I honestly don't know. I'm sure the remnant helps anyway!

I hope you get some more answers and find what works for you!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote