Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-11, 11:02 AM  
mona

Floorwork--Margaret Richard Home Improvement?

I'm looking for some challenging floorwork and I've seen Margaret Richard's Home Improvement mentioned here several times. I would love to get it, but it's apart of a 4 disc collection and cannot be sold individually. My question is, is it worth it to get the other 3 w/os just for this one? The other three are High Voltage, Body Electric and Forty and Fabulous. This is my first time working out with Margaret. Does she have great floorwork on all of these workouts or just Home Improvement?

Any insight or description of the w/os are greatly appreciated. Thank you

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 11:32 AM  
alisoncooks

I don't know how price compares but Margaret also has good floor work in Sculpture (which has a 1 hr. upper body and 1 hr. lower body workout). Some of the lower body is standing, but a lot is on the floor.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 12:13 PM  
mona

Thanks for that suggestion. Have you done Home Improvement and Sculpture? Just wondering which has the better floorwork

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
Old 07-13-11, 12:24 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona View Post
Thanks for that suggestion. Have you done Home Improvement and Sculpture? Just wondering which has the better floorwork
I have never tried Home Improvement, sorry.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 01:20 PM  
karenl

Mona,

I have done Home Improvement and can honestly say it is one tuff floor work routine. I bought her Classics DVD a couple years ago and although it is expensive, it was well worth every penny. All the workouts are good and I don't think you will regret the purchase. Rotating the workouts on those DVD's and doing cardio help me lose 25 lbs. Along with healthy diet of course.

When I fall off the exercise wagon, Margaret is my go to gal to help me get back on.

karen
karenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 01:22 PM  
mona

Wow, Karen! That is fabulous
I think I've just been enabled
I do love tough floorwork and I've heard so many good things about Margaret Richard. Thank you.

Old 07-13-11, 04:09 PM  
videofit

Almost every DVD has floorwork. It's her trademark. If you don't mind dated looking spandex, disco music and big hair, you will like The Classics just because you will get a variety of workouts. High Voltage happens to be a favorite, mainly because it's shot outside at a Florida marina. I do 40 and Fabulous when I need a short, 40-min. workout. I don't do Home Improvement or the Body Electric Workout that much. I have just about every DVD she's ever made, so I have plenty of other choices. I think Perfect 10 has some tough floorwork segments. Muscle & Grace gives you a strength workout and a stretch workout. Good'n'Strong is a great all around full body workout and a good choice if you've never tried Margaret.

Why don't you look at the clips for her DVDs and see which appeal to you?
Old 07-13-11, 05:30 PM  
mona

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Almost every DVD has floorwork. It's her trademark. If you don't mind dated looking spandex, disco music and big hair, you will like The Classics just because you will get a variety of workouts. High Voltage happens to be a favorite, mainly because it's shot outside at a Florida marina. I do 40 and Fabulous when I need a short, 40-min. workout. I don't do Home Improvement or the Body Electric Workout that much. I have just about every DVD she's ever made, so I have plenty of other choices. I think Perfect 10 has some tough floorwork segments. Muscle & Grace gives you a strength workout and a stretch workout. Good'n'Strong is a great all around full body workout and a good choice if you've never tried Margaret.

Why don't you look at the clips for her DVDs and see which appeal to you?
Videofit,
Thank you. I love vintage workouts! And floorwork? It really does great things for me.
Youtube has a million clips up, but most of them don't have the name of the workout, so I have no idea which one I'm looking at. Oh well. I'm pretty much sold anyway..........

Tags
floor work, floorwork, home improvement, margaret richard, muscle and grace