Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-28-22, 02:09 PM  
seabliss

I've been recovering all week, with a bigger part of it being the sinus infection, but I'm almost better! Yesterday I did a 12-minute upper body strength workout from Zanna van Dijk, just to ease my way back in. I like her upper body workouts when I'm weak or tired because she's so tall that she does most of the moves while kneeling (you can stand but she would hit her ceiling, haha), so they are mostly very mellow as far as full-body movement goes.

Today I had a migraine and it was so hot, not helping, but I did a 22-minute ankle weight leg workout from Heather. This is on the mat, like Blogilates or Brazil Butt Lift, but without all the chattering.

I took an at-home test today and I had to squint to see the positive line. Two days ago it was dark red. So I think tomorrow I should be in the clear. DH is recovering similarly. However DD is positive too, and after us I think. But she should recover quickly. She finished her last test for sixth grade yesterday!

A cool front is moving in, so that will be nice! It never stays hot in Porto for long.

Wonder how Linda is doing?
Old 05-28-22, 07:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I got my hair cut again today, a pixie this time, which is what I wanted on Wednesday. But the hairdresser insisted that a Pixie needed to have extremely short bangs and talked me into the Bob as a gradual shortening. I’ve had pixies before and always with long bangs. I hated the Bob. I felt it made me look like Prince valiant. Or Buster Brown if you’re old enough to know that he lived in a shoe. I went somewhere else and got what I wanted. So anyway with all that drama the afternoon sun has made my house too hot to work out even though it’s still chilly outside so I will exercise tomorrow.

Cheryl, glad you and your DH are on the mend. I hope your DD feels better soon too.

Diana, I walked for over a half hour at the mall yesterday, but I will confess that was mainly so I could find the Cinnabon booth LOL
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 05:58 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia I'm glad you got the cut you wanted. Will you go back to the place that did the bob? Not the Cinnabon place! LOL I don't usually take money or plastic with me when I walk the mall. I can't trust myself. LOL

I didn't post last night. After my walk and cleaning the kitchen, I was so hot! that I took a cool shower and went to bed.

Yesterday: 1 hour walk
Steps from yesterday: 10,466

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 10:30 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I had not had a Cinnabon in years because the mall that has them is in Salinas clear across the county. But one of my reverse shopping expeditions was to the JCPenney store which is in the Salinas mall so that was my treat. I have no plans to go back to the Bob place where I had been going for years but that girl never really understood wavy hair. I went to a Great Clips place where DD has gone and a lot of my friends regularly go, and lucked into a stylist whose hair is wavy. It was nice to be understood. I gave her a nice tip and was sure to get her name . I got up early enough today to get a workout done before church, yay. I did the first barre work out from the Fe Fit set.
Old 05-29-22, 08:47 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I would like to share with you about a couple blessings from today.

Right after we started the blessing box at church a young man, who was homeless started using the blessing box and sleeping on the property. He would also come to our services to get out of the weather. He couldn't hang around the church after hours because we have a school on the premises/children. Our Pastor requested that he not stay on the property. He started sleeping across the street in the woods. We haven't heard from him in probably 1 1/2 years. Tonight he showed up to church. He was cleaned up and had a work uniform on. He has two jobs, a place to live and is doing well. I was so happy for him! He has remained on my prayer list all this time.

The other blessing came in me getting a walk in tonight. I wasn't able to get a workout in earlier so I knew that I was going to have to do something tonight on my own. I usually walk with two ladies who I also go to church with. During one of our walks a couple weeks ago, another lady came out and showed an interest in walking. She has been walking with us since. Tonight I received a text from her asking if I wanted to walk. I contacted the other ladies but they were tired from our busy day. So I changed clothes and went for a walk. It was really a blessing for me. I found out that she just finished up with chemo and radiation treatments for breast cancer.

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-30-22, 07:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I didn't look at my steps last night. If I had, I would have marched in place for a minute to get 11,000. LOL

Steps from yesterday: 10,955

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-30-22, 09:40 AM  
seabliss

Yesterday I finally tested negative! DD and DH still have lines on their tests, but I think DD was infected after us. I am tired because I got up early to work out before a worker came to do a dishwasher replacement. Today I did an upper body strength workout from Heather.

My tendonitis is very bad right now. I've been sitting on a sofa with my laptop to work. My lower arms are weak, and my right elbow and both hands hurt and are weak. At the moment I'm sitting at an old-fashioned wooden desk in our bedroom, and that's a bit better but it's much too high. My desk is coming on the shipment but there's too much of the owner's furniture in here. I need to solve this. I can't lose my ability to play the piano, and this pain and weakness is no good.

Cynthia, glad you got your hair fixed! Bad haircuts are such a downer. Also, yum for Cinnabon. Cinnamon rolls were the one thing I craved while pregnant, and the Cinnabon at our mall had closed down. I couldn't find a cinnamon roll anywhere. My friend sent me Cinnabon breakfast bars in the mail! Not the same thing but really sweet of her!

Diana, those blessings are wonderful. God really answered your prayer for the homeless man. We often don't know what effect our prayers and actions have over time, as God works behind the scenes.

Hoping Lynn is doing well!
Old 05-30-22, 02:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I always enjoy your heartwarming stories.

Cheryl, you and your tendon problem are in my prayers. Is there snything a doctor or physical therapist can do?

Check-in: lap swim. The pool was open today for a limited time. I got there as soon as it opened and swam for 45 minutes. I used to struggle to do 30.

Got the notice that the Livestrong Abs Challenge is starting up June . Nothing new, but it’s a good program. I have no intention of doing the whole month for half of the moves. I know I can work up to holding plank and boat for 2 minutes but I have no interest in doing 110 scissor twists or 100 leg lifts!
Old 05-30-22, 10:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Yay for negative test.

Cynthia I'm glad you could get a swim in. I am hoping to go tomorrow.

Check-In: WW Get Moving

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-31-22, 08:15 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 7,846

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana