Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-12-22, 05:41 PM  
wendug

Caroline Girvan- Iron Series Day 1- Legs. I pulled out my husband's dirty garage adjustable dumbbell that weighs 35 pounds for the goblet squat (not for the finisher, though). I like that it is heavier, but it is so big & bulky (concrete plates covered in vinyl) that it is awkward to hold. I used my 25's for everything else.
Brian Syuki- 20 minute tummy trimming walk. I wasn't planning on adding on after CG's workout, but I felt I just needed to move a bit and cool down before stretching. It worked out great!
Old 04-13-22, 05:28 PM  
wendug

Brian Syuki- 45 minute walking working for weight loss with weights. We had a storm move in while I was doing this workout and I lost connectivity for about 5 minutes. So I just did my own thing until YT came back up. So about 50 minutes of walking w/ weights. I did my own stretching for about 10 minutes after as my legs were a bit sore after yesterday's workout.
Old 04-13-22, 05:37 PM  
jetlitis

I'm also posting under GD's Workouts.

KCM:
RAW Slim Sculpt 2 (50m)
RAW 15-Minute Boxing Workout (15m)

SS2 didn't really click with me. Some of the exercises were awkward for me.

The 15 minute boxing workout is more my style. I plan to save this YT workout for another time.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 05:56 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Thanks Wendy! I'm also glad to see you posting here. I'm going to try to use both YouTube and my DVD workouts for working out.
Yay! I have a huge box full of DVD's that I don't use but cannot bring myself to get rid of.
Old 04-13-22, 05:57 PM  
gigi

No workout yesterday or today. I plan on doing CG Iron Series day 4 tomorrow which is Full Body. I will try to do 15 to 20 minutes of cardio as a warm up. Thursday, I want a full cardio workout. Friday I will crash. Saturday I will finish up week 1 with workout 5 and maybe some cardio.
Old 04-14-22, 05:46 PM  
gigi

I did the 9 Minute Full Body Warm Up from CG's Heat Series then did Iron Series, Day 4, Full Body Circuit. The workout went by quickly and I found it to be a nice change of pace from normal full body circuits. Heavier weights (though my heavy weights are lighter than CG's "light" weights) and a slower pace, yet the heart rate is elevated. The manmaker finisher was killer and I didn't do half of the reps that little blond beast did (said with a tad bit of jealousy but mostly affection)...LOL!
Old 04-14-22, 06:40 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did the 9 Minute Full Body Warm Up from CG's Heat Series then did Iron Series, Day 4, Full Body Circuit. The workout went by quickly and I found it to be a nice change of pace from normal full body circuits. Heavier weights (though my heavy weights are lighter than CG's "light" weights) and a slower pace, yet the heart rate is elevated. The manmaker finisher was killer and I didn't do half of the reps that little blond beast did (said with a tad bit of jealousy but mostly affection)...LOL!
I did day 4 last Friday and the finisher was TOUGH! I did the whole time but my pace wasn't as nearly as fast as CG. She's a beast!

I was going to try CG's Day 2 Upper Body today, but I got called to a client's condo to walk her dogs. It's a bit of a workout walking an 80 pound shepherd mix along with a 3 pound shi tzu. It definitely tests my balance when they are pulling in different directions! And the wind is so strong I thought a gust would carry the little one off! So hopefully tomorrow I can get to CG's arm workout.
Old 04-14-22, 07:51 PM  
jetlitis

Keoni Tamayo - Reps to the Rhythm
150 BPM Fast Walk, 1700 Steps Walking Workout #79 (12m)

Brian Syuki - Focus Fitness
Running in Place Fat Burner Workout (10m)

BurpeeGirl
200 Squats Challenge (10m)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 08:23 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I did day 4 last Friday and the finisher was TOUGH! I did the whole time but my pace wasn't as nearly as fast as CG. She's a beast!

I was going to try CG's Day 2 Upper Body today, but I got called to a client's condo to walk her dogs. It's a bit of a workout walking an 80 pound shepherd mix along with a 3 pound shi tzu. It definitely tests my balance when they are pulling in different directions! And the wind is so strong I thought a gust would carry the little one off! So hopefully tomorrow I can get to CG's arm workout.
The picture I have in my mind of someone walking an 80lb. and a 3lb. dog with wind blowing is hilarious.

I also need to clarify how I did the finisher. I dropped to my knees for the pushups and renegade rows (which was hard because my knees still hurt from accident). I think on the last one, I just never got up from the push up position.
Old 04-14-22, 08:24 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Keoni Tamayo - Reps to the Rhythm
150 BPM Fast Walk, 1700 Steps Walking Workout #79 (12m)

Brian Syuki - Focus Fitness
Running in Place Fat Burner Workout (10m)

BurpeeGirl
200 Squats Challenge (10m)
200 squat challenge....woo hoo!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts