Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-22, 06:19 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Little Workout Things That Surprisingly Challenge You

Have you come across something little in a workout that you can’t do/find challenging and it shocks you? Today, I did Jessica Smith’s Prehab Routine from Walk Strong 1 and, for the life of me, could not pick up the towel with my foot!!! Who would have thought this little thing would prove so challenging for me? Anyone have a similar experience with a workout move?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 08:14 PM  
Leonana

I have trouble picking up the towel with my foot too. I think it’s because I have short toes. At least that’s what I tell myself lol.

I can’t do that ab move on the floor, the hip lift core move, also called reverse press up or reverse crunch. The one with your legs straight up in the air. I’m jerking my rear up with momentum, but Jessica makes it look so smooth.
Old 02-13-22, 08:22 PM  
alisoncooks

I struggle with 1-legged glute raise/bridge/hip thrust. Like…can’t lift it at all, lol. And I’m not *that* weak! I tell myself it’s because I have a lot of junk in the trunk.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 09:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

I don't remember which video it was but she tells you to close your eyes and balance on one foot for a minute...it's harder than you think!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 09:59 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Leonana- I’m glad I’m not alone!! Thank you for sharing that!! Also….I can’t do the reverse crunch either!!😂😂

Alison- I legit spit out my drink when I read your last sentence!! Too funny!!!
Old 02-13-22, 09:59 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I don't remember which video it was but she tells you to close your eyes and balance on one foot for a minute...it's harder than you think!!
Yes!!! I STILL can’t do that!!!!
Old 02-13-22, 10:41 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

I can do it for a few seconds if I am in tree pose. I will work on that.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 02:50 AM  
Elsie

I just cannot do those 'leap left' or 'leap right' moves where you're moving in the direction of your arm going up while the opposite leg is going/lifting out. It's in quite a few warm-ups. The fact that I can't explain the simple move here writing it out might be partly why I just don't get it.
Also, when an instructor is doing a low impact jump while bouncing a stability ball. Nope, can't compute even though it seems simple.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 09:05 AM  
bubbles76

Picture it if you will:

Lying face down on the floor, bend your knees at a 90 degree angle. Spread your legs out a little further than hip width apart, then press your ankles / heels together. Now try to lift your legs while your ankles / heels are touching. I believe the move is called a frog lift. This move slays me. I have gotten better at it, but I still can't lift my legs as high as Jai.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 09:25 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I struggle with 1-legged glute raise/bridge/hip thrust. Like…can’t lift it at all, lol. And I’m not *that* weak! I tell myself it’s because I have a lot of junk in the trunk.
I always keep both feet on the ground because 1 leg is way too hard! lol
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
difficult, difficult exercises