Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-22, 01:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Fusion Flow and Glow!

Hi Ladies,

Since I skipped this (Full Body Flow) last week, I did it in place of whatever walk was up next on the rotation. My feet haven't been the best for walking lately. I have done this one before and liked it. I was much better at tackling the elevated plank exercises today, and form has improved since the last time, also.

I also did the Rise stretch from Stretch + Relax and liked it, as well. This was my first time with any of the stretches. I'm still slow at getting fingers between toes for the foot rotation circles and it feels weird for me. If it makes my ankles more mobile and flexible, I guess I better do what I can to help me feet. Some good shoulder stretching in this one, too! Not what I expected for a "Rise" workout though, with the choice of exercises. I think I wanted a more fluid yoga practice, but I have plenty of those to choose from so that's okay by me!

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 10:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on CS 605 - I am enjoying re-visiting Season 6 - it moves faster than some of the more recent seasons. very nice beach scenery though!

Today, so far:

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength w/ Adita from 6/14/2022

I like this routine - it my not be "advanced" for someone used to doing more intense workouts but it was solid. It included the usual exercises that you would expect to see - but some variations, too. I used 8's and 5's for this one.

Silver & Fit is a great You Tube channel - so much variety and multiple new workouts a day are posted.

Afterwards I did:

Jessica Smith - Stretch DVD (I can't remember the title!) I did the rejuvenate section - it was ok - much like her other stretch DVDs.

Thinking aloud here - do you think all of the options we have make it more difficult to stick to a rotation? Jessica's 31 min strength workout was up for today -but obviously, I became distracted in my quest for variety! And I did like the workout from Jessica when I did it - so I chose something else more for the sake of variety than any other reason.

I guess it all good and depends on your goals and why you are exercising. For me, it is just about health and recreation at this point. So, while I like having a plan per se I don't like it to be too rigid either.

Hope everyone as a nice day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 03:56 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday I did the 35 minute upper body workout and liked it a lot! Today is an optional movement day so I went for a half hour walk and will do something else later (maybe another walk) when it gets a little cooler.

Donna, To answer your question (do you think all of the options we have make it more difficult to stick to a rotation?)--for me, I tend to stick to a rotation once I commit to it, unless it turns out I really don't like it, then I'll jump into something else. All the options we have don't distract me. I just like having a set schedule so I don't waste time trying to figure out what to do that day. Like you, I exercise at this age not to look amazing, because I think those days are over, but to remain fit and able to do things for myself and I just feel like it's easier to reach those goals if I stick to a program, but that's just me. If variety works for you, then that's great too! Everyone is different so whatever works for each person is what they should do.

About going to the office, I'm meeting with my boss (in the office) on Monday and will have a chat with her about scaling back my days in the office. I don't think it will go well, but I have to try. Wish me luck!

Pam, I did Full Body Flow the other day and thought it was kind of easy and didn't really feel much like a workout, but I will have to give it another try.

Waves to Sherry and Liz!
Old 06-15-22, 04:11 PM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - how often does your boss want you to go in?

I feel like I'm so lucky w/ work from home - at least for now - hopefully there will not be any major changes. I'm not sure I could acclimate to the office environment at this point - I mean I guess I would but I wouldn't be happy.

That is great that you can stick to a plan - I tend to wander off - but I try to stick w/ the "theme" if that makes sense. Like today was a weights day and I did weights...

Donna
Old 06-15-22, 05:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I went off the rotation, but do like to have a set plan in place to follow.

I did two short miles from iFIT trainer Tommy Rivs new "Road to Recovery" series set in Spain. The walks were slow and gentle, and I needed the easing back into the treadmill with more of an easy going pace.

I don't usually stay with any one rotation for very long these days. I'm enjoying Jessica now, but who knows what I'll be doing in July? Her Strong + Centered rotation is good, but I'm not liking some of the longer workouts....only because I'm also ready to be done in 30 minutes or less. Especially if I want to add in another something else (walk, hike, stretch) etc.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 07:30 PM  
donnamp

Pam - I like the rotation too, but I prefer shorter workouts b/c I like to do add ons. It is nice that there are shorter options included and I think following it "loosely" is good for me!

I did look at the floorwork workout on the Fusion DVD. I'll probably do that one in the evening and do something else in the morning. It does look good though, I will probably not use the gliders though!

Donna
Old 06-16-22, 12:02 PM  
donnamp

hi!

Yesterday, after a long day of sitting I did Jenny Ford's March Across America # 12 - Rhode Island - which was filmed on a beach - Block Island, I believe.

Today, I went back to Essentrics and did the Live Workout from Monday - w/ Gail which was the kick start to the Summer Strength Series for Beginners (there is also an advanced version running concurrently).

I was going to pause my subscription, but I messed up my dates and it turned out it auto-renewed two days ago -so I have it for at least another month. But, I am sort of glad that happened, as I have been noticing the stiffness/tightness, etc. coming back after neglecting it. So, I think this was a happy accident and I need to work on keeping up with a regular Essentrics practice.

I am thinking/hoping that I will at some point have a better work/life balance - so one of the things I'm thinking about doing is Essentrics in the morning, just to wake up and get moving and then another workout - weights, cardio, Pilates in the afternoon or evening. I will have to see how that all plays out!
I think it will get worse before it gets better, though b/c for the next four weeks I'm going to end up pretty much doing both jobs. In theory I'm only supposed to do 10 hours a week in my current job, but I know me and I'm just going to do what needs to be done to get the job(s) done. But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-16-22, 12:04 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day but I'll do something later. Probably one of Jessica's shorter walks.

Donna, I go into the office once a week on Mondays, but I actually haven't been there since mid-May due to being on vacation and Memorial Day. I didn't go in this week because I didn't think I was supposed to. My understand was I only go in if I have a meeting with my boss and we didn't have a meeting that day, but then she told me I have to go in whether we are meeting or not, which makes no sense. Why drive all the way there just to sit in an almost empty office if I'm not even meeting with her???

I'm planning to move next year and I'll be outside commuting distance, so at that point, she'll have to approve full WFH, so I don't know if I should talk to her now about how ridiculous this is and probably get into an argument, of if I should just put up with it for the next year.

Pam, I agree about some of the longer workouts. I like being done in 30 minutes so I can do something else, so I sometimes stop the workout at the 30 minute mark and skip to the cooldown. Depends on how much time I have.
Old 06-16-22, 12:09 PM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - what are your plans if you move and she doesn't approve full time WFH? Will you just quit? I do agree it is ridiculous to go in just to sit in an empty office.....

Donna
Old 06-16-22, 03:48 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, My boss only has two people reporting to her and the other person lives in another state and was granted full WFH a couple of years before COVID. So my boss should approve it for me, but if she didn't, I'd go to HR and complain. I have no idea how that would work out, but my boss would be lost if I left, so I tend to think she'd just grant it since it would be tough to hire someone to replace me. But who knows what will happen.

Tags
tablet