Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-22, 08:05 AM  
Twigs

Hello all!

Yesterday evening I did:
- ETV Meg's class live (standing and barre)
- YoQi Liver Detox

Today so far:
- Jessica Smith Total Body Strength with the band
- Karin's Shoulder & Back Strength with flow tonic pads. Great work for the thoracic spine.
- 1 hour walk on our local Common before it got too hot.

Beth - Thank you for the Bernie links and also the link to your new class. I'm looking forward to doing it this evening.

Pat - My DH did paragliding for years and loved it. His back wouldn't stand the weight of the motor these days. He very nearly broke both ankles once on landing. Luckily, they were only badly sprained. Me, I'm keeping my feet firmly on the ground. I would have hated it.

Pam - How lovely to have your granddaughter to stay and also seeing the sand sculptures.

Paine - Hope you're managing to stay cool. We're only planning on going out early mornings for the rest of the week.

Cyana - Thank you for the link to the sea turtles. I've seen a couple when scuba diving years ago but they are pretty elusive. Also, thanks for the heads-up on Lee's 5 day qigong practices. I just signed up because I'm trying to do a daily qigong practice and the more variety the better.

Your prickly and itchy skin does sound like an immune response, although it's not always the case. I do have some ideas. I'll send you a PM.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 5
~ Grandniece's yoga class
~ 4,569 steps

I attended the class in person. I haven't been in the studio for other than massage or a workshop in years. Being there on-site meant I really had to step up my game. With Zoom I can hide on the floor when necessary.

Beth, thank you for the yin link! They look like Bernie's online classes which I keep meaning to enjoy more. Your new class also looks very nice. I still need to enjoy your noon and evening yin practices.

Thanks Cyana, I joined Lee's challenge. He gives us different moves from the usual in his DVDs.

Pam, those sculptures are so fun! Enjoy the rest of your time with your granddaughter.

Margot, ouch - I didn't consider the landing part. I can't walk across my office without banging into something - better not try it.

Good morning to anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 10:13 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 1 Program C: Upper Body strength workout
Fitness Becomes You Volume 2 Program C: Calves, Quads, Hamstrings, Gluteals
Fitness Becomes You Volume 2 Program B: Outer Thigh; Inner Thigh and Cool Down
Beth's YOGA OVER 50 SOS | Strengthen-Open-Stretch

Beth, I really liked your Yoga Over 50 practice--thank you for sharing that! I particularly enjoyed the last part on the floor, which felt good after Margaret's workout.

Cyana, thanks for the link to the 5 day qi gong challenge.

Margot, oh my gosh, I would be scared to death to ever do paragliding! I'm with you and I'll stay on the ground.
I will go for a neighborhood walk with my grandson this morning before it gets too hot.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 11:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, so glad you liked the new practice! After I was done, I had the thought that you might enjoy it since I didn't include any seated work (except the breathing at the end).

Pat, I didn't realize you hadn't been to any live classes in so long! Hopefully the atmosphere was very forgiving.

Margot, how cool that you scuba dive! Where has been your favorite place to dive?

Waving to all - happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 12:49 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout for me yesterday, and although I've walked today I haven't done anything else (yet). However, I did want to share what I learned from my doctor yesterday re my left knee. He confirmed my self-diagnosis that my kneecap is slipping in and out of its groove ("subluxing"). It was really clear when he showed me a comparison of my knee x-rays with those of a healthy knee. It is not dangerous as far as requiring some sort of immediate medical attention, and as I've noted it doesn't cause any pain (it just feels weird when it shifts!). The best remedy, which I had already figured out, is to get the surrounding muscles as strong as possible. Since I'm active he was willing to refer me to Sports Medicine, but that department is way downtown (next to the Sacramento Kings pro basketball team lol). He also offered a referral to Physical Therapy, but I am pretty certain they would just assign me exercises I'm already doing. I put off PT for now but I can request it later if I don't feel I am continuing to improve. So my appointment was basically a confirmation of what I already figured out, but it was good to have it confirmed by a medical professional. BTW he told me this is rather rare in his practice -- he only sees something like this about once every couple of years!

Be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 12:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, it's never fun to have a rare medical condition! At least you know you are on the right track and have options.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 06:28 PM  
JustSandra

Hi! Back with

Today's Workout: For a change from Margaret I did the lower body floor work from Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout. Although I did use a dumbbell for some moves, I did not use an ankle weight -- just marked my "weighted" leg with a head band wrapped around my foot. Earlier today I walked for about 1.5 hours.

Beth: I think my condition is only "rare" for a general practitioner! But it is good to know my options.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today featured…
~Taught Essentrics outside on our deck
~Long stretchy yin session with my beloved bolsters….hip, shoulder, QL, adductor, & quad focus

Sandra - It’s good to know you’re on the right track with your knee rehab. I agree that it is probably a rare condition for a GP, but not so at a sports med office.

Paine & Margot - I would also be terrified to go paragliding.

Beth - Yes our summer has been fun and busy. It’s going by so quickly! The paragliding reminded me of you asking about the Capilano Suspension Bridge. It’s in North Vancouver & is a big tourist attraction. As someone who doesn’t like heights, it isn’t something I’d be tempted to do!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Winsor Dynamic Sculpting Circle
~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 6
~ Kassandra's new Yin Yoga for Inner Thighs & Groin
~ 4,167 steps

I really enjoyed Kassandra's new offering. It's always been a problem area for me, and it's good to incorporate a hip opener for the front body. I had to be careful with the frog pose because I haven't attempted that one in years, so I incorporated a bolster and was mindful not to overstretch.

Pam, I'd love to attend Essentrics class on your deck!

Sandra, that's not fun being told you have a rare condition. Good luck with your home PT, you have reported success with it.

Beth, the class atmosphere was nice and forgiving. It was an all levels class. Others had different limitations than mine, while more agile students were free to really go for it.

Paine, that looks like a tough workout for you.

Good morning to one and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 10:01 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Lower Body Firming workout #1
Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy workout (Crunch variations)
Lastics (Feel The Rush practice)

I hadn't done those workouts above in a long time. I'll probably be sore tomorrow from them.

Pat, oh I want to try Kassandra's Yin Yoga for Inner Thighs & Groin--thank you so much for posting the link!!

Sandra, thank you for sharing your doctor assessment of your knee. It's good to know you have nothing serious. Which exercises are best to make the surrounding muscles strong?

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt