Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-24, 07:18 AM  
T2B

Tammie - I thought it was like taking a hi/lo class, had no idea that you’d start with a step sheet. So interesting. Also the part about it not being mirror cued may take my brain a few times to remember. I did google line dance near me and we have a few places. I’ve always known of one place that they used to televise, at midnight, on Saturday’s because it was a huge venue with lots of participants. The music was mostly country (which I don’t hate but not my first choice). The dancing part interests me more than the music so I’ll do my research. Looks like my local community college has classes too. So funny about your grand dog.

Helen - I like Gloved Up & Sweaty, the 3rd time was the charm for me. It is lower intensity/slower combo’s compared to some of Cathe’s other kick box workouts but I like having some lower intensity workouts as well. I wished the music was a little louder, like in ICE/LITE, which I always have to remember to make sure to turn the volume of my bluetooth earphones down before hitting start. I’m impressed that you used your 4.4# gloves for most of the workout. I ordered egg weights, they were almost the same price as the MMA gloves, so I decided to try the 1# egg weights first. Alice sounds like a great workout buddy and good on her for going farther on your walk. I can hear the waves in my mind, (envious)!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-24, 10:19 PM  
Helen

Nothing yesterday (Sunday) as it was SO hot/humid. No walk for Alice nor workout for me. All we did was a car-ride to Bunnings (like Home Depot) for a cooling mat, park stop for 'business' then I did errands (AC shopping centre) & hit the computer (also AC).

Monday - final week of my "holidays" to time for work to begin (set up for the new school year).
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-24, 11:27 AM  
AnMrsDe

I found a great leg "killer" combo today!
  • STS 2.0 Legs (no bonus)
  • Total Body Barbell (Weight Plate/BB Bonus)
  • Killer Legs (Barre Bonus)

Using my heavies for Legs and the Weight Plate bonus + adding on KL Barre was a great KILLER LEG combo!!!

Just thought I'd share if you're looking for a good, longer (73 min.) leg combo with Cathe's newer workouts... I know a few of us have these workouts.
ETA: 1/25: I’ve been so sore in my lower body the last couple days!! So, choose this combo idea wisely, LOL !!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm! Icy here the past couple of days, but highs will be in the 40's soon! Heat wave!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-24, 07:56 PM  
Helen

AMD
• I'm not surprised you had nasty DOMS after that leg combination!
• Oh, and I'm WARM alright! Had a hot week, 104F one day (where it was 100% humidity in Sydney without any rain), pushing 90F today, with humidity high enough that feeling sticky & wiping my forehead dry is my new normal.

Monday again - back to work tomorrow.
Most of the past week I had C-19. Shall do a RAT today to ensure I'm negative for work. Jogged upstairs to the kitchen this morning - so feeling GOOD again - but glad I was well enough to walk (slowly) every day bar one.

Tomorrow, I'll be.....
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 01:43 PM  
AnMrsDe

Helen, ha! Yes, bad DOMS but I did enjoy it in the moment - I love picking combos like that! Not sure which extreme of temps I'd rather have!! 104*F is awfully hot!! Sorry to hear of your COVID bout but sounds like it was a mild case and glad to hear you're feeling better. Hoping you'll test negative!

Pam, sorry you were sick at the beginning of the month, but glad to see you're back in the groove!

Luv2WO, seeing you are doing your PBL workouts again, must mean you're feeling better this month?? I go for my follow-up to the ENT tomorrow....(fingers crossed for a good report!) ETA: And it was a good report!!

T2B, good to see you're finding some fun Combats this month!! I remember liking #80 also - on that big platform with visuals all around D&R!! The "United" Combat class (I don't think it had a #) is like that too and with good music - I wonder if that one is still on the site? That was my most favorite of all!

Colleen, good to see you back but sorry about your re-injured foot. Looks like you're compensating very well, though, with your other workouts in the mean-time. Take care!

~~WAVES~~ Hope everyone is doing well and see you back in February!

February thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...63#post3020863
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts