Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-06, 03:53 PM  
Andrea
VF Supporter

My SIL just received hers from this sale. They seem to run a size big. She ordered her regular size and they were much too big. Also, they were out of all the great colors in her size (IMO). She kept one pair since she just found out she was preggo and returned the other pair. And, nope, they didn't shrink.

Andrea
Old 03-28-06, 06:01 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishcurls
I'm 5' 2" and about 118 pounds. I was thinking of getting the classic yoga pants in medium in a 32 in inseam. Does this sound right? I have never ordered from them before.

Thanks!

PS- Now I am wondering if I should try one 30 in and the other 32 in. If I wear them to Pilates, it would be Ok if they were a bit short. I don't know if medium would be too big. I usually get mediums in Old Navy yoga pants.
I think you should get Small. At 5'0" and 110 (give or take), I wear XS in these pants. For the inseam, measure a pair of exercise pants you like & go from that. I think my old VS yoga pants are fractionally shorter than my newer ones, so there's a little shrinkage, but it's not significant.
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 07:15 PM  
Melissa Baker
VF Supporter

Susan P- you're right; they have elastic. They're just less "elasticized" (so not a word) than my other workout pants. For this reason, I find them much more comfortable to wear around the house than standard workout pants.
spanishcurls- I'm also 5'2", but about 10 lbs more than you. Mine are 30 length medium and, as I mentioned, they are loose in the waist on me. You should most likely buy a small.
Melissa Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 07:36 PM  
spanishcurls

Thank you Laura and Melissa! I appreciate it.
spanishcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 08:00 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

They are generously cut. But they're very Lycra-y too, so they cling nicely, The waist elastic is VERY non-binding. Mine have never shrunk but I am careful to wash in cold and dry on low.

They're slightly low-rise, Alta, but not terribly so. They hit me at a comfortable spot just below my belly button. I don't find them nearly as low-rise as they look on the models. Although I'm long-legged, I am NOT long-bodied, very average in "rise."

Get some, Alta! You'll love 'em.

Trust me.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 08:51 PM  
spanishcurls

Thanks everyone. I purchased a 30 inch in black and a 32 inch in midnight blue in size small.

I found a few discount codes at http://www.dealhunting.com/coupon-co...go.x=17&go.y=5

They didn't work for me b/c I don't have a VS card, but they may help someone else.
Old 03-28-06, 10:27 PM  
KathAL79

Alta, see if they have the roll down / fold over ones (not the fake ones, the ones that actually have extra fabric that you can fold over). I have two pairs of those. You can roll them down as low as you want or wear them all the way up, almost like grandpa pants, if you so choose.

ETA: Here are some and some other ones.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 02:16 PM  
camspal

Not sure if i am replying correctly..?

ANyway, thanks for all the helpful comments! My computer has been majorly out of commission ( i am at my parents house using theirs!), and I dont know if the sale is still on, I am hoping but now that we have to repair the laptop maybe no pants for me! I soo appreciate the help I had not even thought of the lengths..I am 5'4 about 120 pds and all the pants i buy ( cheapo !) shrink to a really weird length on me its so annoying and weird looking with tennis shoes. I thank you all again, good luck!
camspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 02:40 PM  
spanishcurls

I just received my pants. I ordered express shipping as we are going away and I wanted these pants before the trip. They fit very nicely. Thanks for the heads up about them running small. A medium would have been way too big. The 30 inch fits better than the 32 inch but I can get away with the 32 inch with sneakers.

Of course now I am itching to buy more, but I will hold off until the next sale. I want to see how these wash and wear.

Thank you for this thread! Camspal, I hope you are able to treat yourself to these pants!
Old 03-31-06, 03:48 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I ordered two of the side-striped yoga pants. But, they are on back order until May.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote