Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-21, 08:31 AM  
pharma_gal

Barre/Pilates fusion program with a cardio effect

I have to keep things low impact for a while but I’m not enjoying modifying workouts. I’m thinking of doing a Fusion program in the meantime that I can enjoy and maybe lose some weight in the process. Any recommendations? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 09:57 AM  
kat999

Ellen Barrett, hands down. Her entire Studio series is great. It's not like it's a huge calorie torcher, but it definitely fits what you're looking for, combining moves from yoga, Pilates, barre, ballet, and light cardio/dance. Everything is fluid, and you can easily modify up or down as needed. Some of the moves are tough, some feel very easy, but I always feel quite relaxed and centered after one of her DVDs. She has a streaming service, too, but I don't subscribe to it. If you prefer DVDs, try to grab 'em used, because some are out of print and starting to get expensive.
Old 06-18-21, 10:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith has quite a few fusion workouts online and on dvd. She has rotations I think you can find on youtube focused on fusion workouts. Her workouts always seem to have a cardio effect for me, even her weight workouts.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 11:36 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Ellen Barrett was the first to come to mind. Her streaming site is really reasonable, too (I think around $6/mo).

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 07:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Dreambody & Mixxtreme, both have a high cardio effect. I didn't change anything, and lost 8 lbs in the 8 weeks I rotated both, I only did them three times a week, the other days I did cardio dance also three times a week.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 07:12 PM  
upperwside

Barre blend in Beachbody.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 08:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Ellen Barrett.

May I also suggest Sahra Esmonde-White, Essentrics instructor? i also like her mom Miranda, but if you're new to Essentrics/CS, Sahra might be a good starting point.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 07:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Barre3 has quite a bit of stuff with a cardio effect, if you are into streaming.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 08:43 AM  
muddjeansgal

Tracy Mallet's Pilates Barre Ondemand if streaming works for you.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 02:05 PM  
pharma_gal

I’m give never paid attention to Barre blend but it looks so good. Exactly something I am looking for. I was also wondering about Xtend Barre and how it compares. I’ll look up Tracey’s and Barre3 streaming but I haven’t clicked with Ellen or Essentrics in the past.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre fusion, ellen barrett, pilates fusion