Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-21, 05:44 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Yes, the BSS2 stick that many of us had to put outside to air out.

I preordered the system and it was such a disaster for me, starting with it getting stuck on a UPS truck that broke down. No one would trade for it or buy it and I ended up giving it all away.
I don't remember the stick being stinky, but one of the twigs broke off after not using it that much. This is my least favorite of the Firm systems. Luckily you can sub dumbbells through most of these workouts.
Old 06-16-21, 06:43 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I really need to get rid of my Fluidity barre. I liked it at first but it is so big and cumbersome to move around. I bought it cheap off Craigslist so not a big deal. I just use a chair.

This was mine as well. Even though at the time I had a large basement to workout in, this took up too much space. I sold it to someone on this site. She was happy and I was happy.

My other would be the bosu. I just never used it.
Old 06-16-21, 06:48 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Well, I finally deflated my BOSU a few years ago and relegated it to the basement since it wasn't getting used. But I'm not ready to part with it yet.

Worst gadget fail ever by far was an infomercial I got sucked into when I was a young teenager. It was for a Jane Fonda pink self-propelled treadmill that had a tape cassette player on the front handle bar. I somehow convinced my mom to get it for me even though she knew it would likely be a piece of junk and I would never use it and that it would be a pain to store and get rid of.

I think I remember the part that held the tape cassette thing to the front rail broke right away so it was always flipped around hanging upside down. But the main issue was that using the treadmill was LOUD and it turned out to be quite difficult to walk on a self-propelled/manual treadmill (or at least this one). We finally got rid of it but my mom still brings it up to this day and it's been 25+ years (mom's never forget!).

I'm attaching a photo I found via google (so it's not my photo but it looks just like the one I had).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 08:53 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
My biggest fail was called the Perfect Push-up, some gadget that was supposed to help with push-up form and take pressure off the wrists (I had a ganglion cyst at the time). I think I used them one time. They were awkward and rotated underneath you. So not perfect for my push-ups.
My husband had the rotating Perfect Push-up and I hated it. I love my Tony Horton Power Stands for pushups and I always use them for pushups because they make it much easier on my wrists. They are angled just right and do not turn so they are very stable. They are these:

http://www.getmovingcatalog.com/power-Stands.html
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 08:57 PM  
dnna

I have to go with the "Bean". an infomercial with Lisa from the firm. It was huge -so cumbersome and -well, useless.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 09:59 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
My husband had the rotating Perfect Push-up and I hated it. I love my Tony Horton Power Stands for pushups and I always use them for pushups because they make it much easier on my wrists. They are angled just right and do not turn so they are very stable. They are these:

http://www.getmovingcatalog.com/power-Stands.html
Now those look good!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 10:02 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I have to go with the "Bean". an infomercial with Lisa from the firm. It was huge -so cumbersome and -well, useless.
I remember that! I almost fell for it as well! I stopped buying the Firm workouts after the first “Fanny Lifter” (what a horrendous name) system. Too many gadgets they were selling with the workouts.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 01:20 AM  
Helen

For those that have a bosu and never use it - there is another gadget destined for this list and that is Stealth!
But!!! There are several FREE apps to go with the Stealth gadget and I use them in my body turned upside down.

The Stealth gadget is an elbow rest with a central swivel ball and it holds your phone with the app playing. You do an elbow plank on the gadget and make the platform tip in various directions to play the games in the various apps - you could do the same with those ball maze game apps too. It works really well with elbows in upturned bosu.

The stealth platform itself varies in price but $100 - $300!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:15 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
By fail, do you mean a piece of junk or something you didn't use much? If it's the latter, well, how much time have you got?
ddj I'll read if you type...deal? Honestly, I guess I meant mostly the latter initially. But equipment fails for poor quality certainly is helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Oh yeah - the Zumba step program with the big round neon green step. Fortunately I was able to sell that program to a good home.
Ok, now if I see a Zumba box in a thrift store I may peruse through it to see this neon wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post

Fails for me: I donated the ab wheel thingie. .
I tried this out at the thrift store once and instantly felt insecure about my shoulder so that's the reason this gadget never entered Casa de Linda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
  • Step 360
  • Body Blades
Pam61 I had to look up these. That 360 looks fun to me so that's a shame it didn't work out. What is it you don't like about it? (Translation: talk me out of liking it, hehe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
At one time I would have said my Bosu and TRX, but over the past year I have been using them much more.
Space permitting, I'm not sure how often is enough to justify purchase? I guess it's different for everyone. Only a few fitness toys are used daily (probably according to the workouts I gravitate towards. ) Using some things less often is ok because it spices things up

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 08:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Confess - who had the Shake Weight?

Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness gadget, gadget fails, gadgets