Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-21, 03:23 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Rebounder, Bosu, and the Firm "stinky stick" system.
Which stick was "stinky"? I have the green stick that came with an Allie workout, and I still use it and never noticed it being stinky. Was the stinky stick the earlier one from BSS2?
Old 06-16-21, 03:32 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Which stick was "stinky"? I have the green stick that came with an Allie workout, and I still use it and never noticed it being stinky. Was the stinky stick the earlier one from BSS2?
Yes, the BSS2 stick that many of us had to put outside to air out.

I preordered the system and it was such a disaster for me, starting with it getting stuck on a UPS truck that broke down. No one would trade for it or buy it and I ended up giving it all away.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 03:36 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
What is the Firm death box, anyway?
Pat - it was a step that had "legs" that could be tucked under to make a ramp/slanted step. The TransFIRMer replaced it. I think it was a less than stable design.

My fails:

Rebounder - don't use - I don't think it is great for my back. And, my daughter was supposed to use it but doesn't either. It sits and takes up space.

And, I forgot about the BOSU. That is another fail for me. Although I keep meaning to try it as a Pilates prop. Trifecta Pilates offers some Pilates workouts using the BOSU.

We do have a treadmill and recumbent exercise bike which don't get much use these days.

I probably have more.

Pam - If I could find the workouts, I'd take your RAMP! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 03:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Dana, tell me why you like your Jumpsport more than your 49" Bellicon.
Hi Paine! Bellicon has too soft of a bounce for me, even though I got extra strong cords. Every time I bounce on it - either to music or to a video, I can't keep on beat. I adjusted the cords and it still is too soft. I bought Bellicon because I thought I wanted a larger bouncing surface than my Jumpsport 350 provided, but I quickly found out, that I actually didn't need that. 49" Bellicon is a wonderful rebounder but with shipping, it cost me 3 times what I paid for my Jumpsport which has a firmer bounce which I like much better.
Old 06-16-21, 03:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
YES! That was it, the HealthRider. I really wanted to like it. I remember the seat was very comfortable and the motion wasn't hard to do. It was just sort of boring, and I think the same benefits could be gained from a few compound arm/ab exercises.
I had smthg similar and also got rid of it. I don't remember what I thought of it but there was a screw or smthg that kept hitting my thigh. A coworker took it off my hands.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 04:01 PM  
wendug

Quote:
YES! That was it, the HealthRider. I really wanted to like it. I remember the seat was very comfortable and the motion wasn't hard to do. It was just sort of boring, and I think the same benefits could be gained from a few compound arm/ab exercises.
My parents have a Health Rider and I use it every time I visit them. They have it set up so you can watch TV while riding it. It does have tension you can adjust to make it harder. To me it is more fun than using a treadmill.
Old 06-16-21, 04:03 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

The original Fanny Lifter which cracked was a definite fail but it was replaced and no problem since then.
Another Firm fail was a kit with weights inside a pink case. One day I picked up the case by the handle and the whole case splintered with the weights heavily landing everywhere. I could see from the splinters of the case the plastic was so thin I’m surprised it held the weights for even five minutes even though it was supposed to be a portable system.
The Firm loop on the first use rolled into a nasty thin shape even with talc to smooth it out didn’t work. In the bin with that.
I am a Firmie and always will be, I just often find FIRM equipment to not be the same as it looks in the videos when I get it.
The Wave I’m now experimenting with after many years of it being in storage. So far I’m using it for a ramp, step ups and about to try with some Transfirmer dvds as I don’t have a Transfirmer.
Just to end on a good note with the FIRM I love their nice and long flat bands and weighted gloves.

I had a fail with Reebok fitball. No matter how much air I put in it the texture and firmness of the ball never felt right. It was squishy soft. The Core Secrets ball was perfect and still going strong although I have other brands waiting in the wings as I know there will come a time for a new one.
The Reebok mini trampoline squeaked loudly no matter what I did to try and stop that.
I did like the Reebok step although one of the click into place pieces broke off so it is no longer easily portable.

My pedometer was a pain and I never trusted the readings.

I’m not sure about the Bosu, I don’t enjoy the workouts, I find them hard and I never feel safe but for some reason I think I may use it in some other way some day. I hope so it was expensive.
My step 360 pro I like a lot and feel safer on but I have read in a thread that someone had a problem with theirs so I am on watch for that.

I do love the Zumba wide round step. It feels sturdy and good quality, great for FIRM cardio workouts. I feel much safer on that for cardio than on the purple portion of the Fanny Lifter.

I loved my dance socks, they worked well over my shoes but on the second use one of the socks came apart at the seam, sadly a fail.

I love my spin bike. No fail.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 04:18 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

By fail, do you mean a piece of junk or something you didn't use much? If it's the latter, well, how much time have you got?

Some that come instantly to mind:

bosu - I consider it a blessing from above that I never broke my ankle using that thing.

sandbag - I wanted it to work. I really did. It just wasn't for me.

indian clubs - What was I thinking?

30-pound weighted vest - You'd be amazed how much thirty extra pounds feels when you add it suddenly. So oppressive. Used it a handful of times.

Boxing gloves - fortunately, we already had the bag. Got it for DS when he was little. I used it maybe, twice?

Jump ropes - yes, ropes. Never could get the right fit. I also got the ropeless jump rope. Too hard on the arms.

Any yoga gadget Gaiam came out with - foam blocks, round blocks, padded blocks. I have two cork blocks that I actually use.

TRX - used three times, maybe.

I'm sure there are many others I'm remembering right now. And this from the person who ordered Cathe's new bands. But if it's Cathe, I might use them.
Old 06-16-21, 04:48 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have two steps. Bought the Reebok step first, but then got a deal on a club step. I used the club step more at first, but now prefer the Reebok step because the risers click into the step and I can lift it as one unit. I think Gin Miller actually had you pick up the step and had you do lat rows in one of her videos.

I got a slide that I've only used a few times. Never really got the knack of using it.

I bought a cheap rebounder that I used during the high impact portions of Firm videos, but haven't used it in years.

My Pilates circle goes unused. I have a couple of videos that use it, but they are not very good.

I bought the original Body Pump Barbell set with the vhs tape. Never use it, partly because I already had a barbell and all the plates I wanted.
Old 06-16-21, 05:33 PM  
fatkat555

My biggest fail was called the Perfect Push-up, some gadget that was supposed to help with push-up form and take pressure off the wrists (I had a ganglion cyst at the time). I think I used them one time. They were awkward and rotated underneath you. So not perfect for my push-ups.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness gadget, gadget fails, gadgets