Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-21, 05:25 AM  
fanofladyvols

"We are one in kettleness!"
Vantreesta I love it!

That's GREAT on your mile and smart to write it down to do the challenge later. Enjoy your visit!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
"We are one in kettleness!"
Vantreesta I love it!

That's GREAT on your mile and smart to write it down to do the challenge later. Enjoy your visit!
Thanks, Linda!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:24 AM  
gladgirl

[QUOTE=Vantreesta;2929671]Pear-nacity, I love it! And I agree, I love how the challenge is adjustable to meet each of us where we are and how supportive everyone is. Different ages, backgrounds, levels, strengths, we are one in our kettleness! Where's the strong fist emoji??

/QUOTE]

I think there are many supportive and encouraging exercisers here. I have been a beginner so many, many times over the years and found the support here incredible. You are very inspiring and even clever in the way you mix this in with other workouts. We, indeed, are one in our kettleness! Love it!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 08:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I also love the term "Pear-nancity" and will be adopting it for myself.

Linda, that's for sharing Lauren's response. I'd be interested to hear what she says about modifying for larger bodies.

I am going to try to do both Day 3 and 4 today to catch up. My body is feeling pretty worn out--in addition to starting the challenge yesterday, I did some tough lower body work and went on my first bike ride of the season, about 7 miles--but I think I can do it if I have a light day otherwise.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 09:09 AM  
momofcha

I started with an 18 and 26 LB bell. They are probably my most used. I have moved up in weigh - but you do YOU! That’s all that matters

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 10:26 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Just started today with Day 1 and am so glad this came along when I am (again) struggling with motivation. I love doing swings and the short duration is achievable. My one kb is 15 lbs which was perfect for today but thinking I might look for both a lighter and a heavier.

Beth, I also have to stand a bit wider than the instructors and really focus on keeping my feet evenly planted, as I naturally tend to roll toward the outer edges.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 10:45 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Just started today with Day 1 and am so glad this came along when I am (again) struggling with motivation. I love doing swings and the short duration is achievable. My one kb is 15 lbs which was perfect for today but thinking I might look for both a lighter and a heavier.

Beth, I also have to stand a bit wider than the instructors and really focus on keeping my feet evenly planted, as I naturally tend to roll toward the outer edges.
I agree this challenge is a good kick starter. Swings give so much overall benefit even in a short time so there's not much dread factor and it works well combined with other workouts or as a stand alone. I tried doing her swing challenge before but it helps having conversation about it! It's funny how I am a loner but this year I am finding the value in group support. I have set goals for myself in the past and then fall off and don't finish. But this spring with one of my check ins we decided to do a virtual triathlon and I stuck with it bc we were doing it "together." Then I downloaded an app to join a group training for a Memorial Day Murph and stuck with it bc of the group support. I used to be more self motivated but I guess we change over time and now I like the group push to keep going!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 12:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I managed to do both Day 3 and 4 today. I had to pause in the middle of Day 4, not because of needing to rest but b/c of internet connection issues. But maybe that was a good thing!

Anyone else getting blisters at the base of their middle fingers?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-17-21, 02:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Anyone else getting blisters at the base of their middle fingers?
Beth I did back when I forgot to take off my rings...are you wearing jewelry?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 02:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda - nope, no jewelry (kettlebells is one of the only things I take off my wedding band for).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
100 swings, challenge, fitness challenge, kettlebell, kettlebell challenge, kettlebell swings, kettlebells, lauren brooks, on the edge fitness, summer 2021