Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-21, 09:29 PM  
Vantreesta

Beth, I have excessive anterior pelvic tilt and agree it can be tough at times to keep proper swing alignment but I feel like the more I do it the better I get, particularly doing them as a challenge like this as opposed to part of a video workout. I think it's just being more focused, no wondering what exercise comes next. I really enjoyed the push, pull, swing challenge she did earlier this year.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 10:00 PM  
fanofladyvols

kristiep For day 1 yesterday, I started light too because 100 swings sounds like alot. But it went by quickly with her mobility in between each set. The lovely background and warmup certainly helps

manley I think spacing it out is also a great way to do the challenge.

Beth and others, I don't have Facebook so I'll just post here. I will also use before my regular workout. But really so many ways to use this. Don't want to use before a workout, or as a finisher? No problem. You could even use each section as a cardio interval in your regular workout.

Did day 2 today and I loved the mix of swings. The one arm and hand to hand I have to go lighter.

One of the things I love about kettlebells is I feel my abs working while I'm swinging. Those hand to hand you really feel as you stabilize yourself.

Can't wait for Day 3 !

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 10:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

ETA - is anyone joining the FB group? Not sure if I want to do another group at this point...
I joined the FB group. I figured it's only for the week. Naturally (she had a brief set of questions, which I ignored) she would like people to pay for her Playground.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 10:50 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I joined the FB group. I figured it's only for the week. Naturally (she had a brief set of questions, which I ignored) she would like people to pay for her Playground.
I'm in the FB group as well!!!
I asked some questions about how I should personally use it since i am trying to keep nervous system pretty calm and my KB's onlygo up to 20 lbs and most seem to be lifting heavier. She said for people more experienced, this makes a good finisher (I am summarizing), And she, of course, lol, suggested using one of her DVDs first. I may do a walking video warm up - thats what I did yesterday. then the warm up she has in the challenge videos (not enough for me), and then the challenge.- think i can go heavier than I did yesterday, and then a calming yoga.

I've thought about doing it (maybe) twice in a day too, but far apart? Is that something good if my bells don't go heavy? I think its been stated, but the heavier I go, the more control I have and the less i hurt. Lighter seems to get slung around too easy.

Bless y'all and have fun!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 05:43 AM  
fanofladyvols

jenilu I'm not sure I'd do it twice a day in your case ...even if your weights are light for you. Especially since there are days where she changes up the kinds of swings. I say use it like you mentioned and enjoy the seven days as part of your day's movement. Then see how you feel after the week ends.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-16-21, 08:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jenilu, another option if you want to do it twice might be one round of swings, one round of deadlifts.

I plan to start today. Was I supposed to get an email? I got the confirmation emails but haven't gotten any for the challenge, although I have it bookmarked so can just go to it directly.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 09:00 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I'm in the fb group and do enjoy reading about other's experiences-both on fb and here
I am experimenting to see how I do with swings with my shoulder issues. I really want to incorporate them regularly as I find them so darn effective for conditioning. Day 1 I used my 15 lb kbell, day 2 18 lb, but no single arm swings for me yet. I will be sticking with the 18 lb for the duration of the challenge.
Both days I did the swings after a short rebounder workout.
Good going everyone, there are so many ways to do the challenge!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 09:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Jenilu, another option if you want to do it twice might be one round of swings, one round of deadlifts.

I plan to start today. Was I supposed to get an email? I got the confirmation emails but haven't gotten any for the challenge, although I have it bookmarked so can just go to it directly.
Beth Not an email every day. She just adds the daily workout to the tile in your on the edge profile..(at least that's what my experience is)

Old 06-16-21, 09:55 AM  
gladgirl

I am doing these as is with no add on other than my daily movement.
Perfect!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 12:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the additional info.

I did Day 1 & 2 today; hopefully tomorrow I can do Day 3 & 4 to be caught up. I like it! It was a lot easier for me to do swings broken up like that; other videos seem to have you do them for 45-60 seconds, which is harder for me. I did Day 1 as a warm-up, then some Pilates, then Day 2. I used my 12 kg KB for the double-hand swings and my 8 KG for the others.

I am still on the fence about joining the FB group but might pop in. I do have a question for you all - any advice for those who have bigger thighs? I find that I have less room to "hike" between my legs than any instructors I see. I manage, but I'm wonder if others have any tips!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 swings, challenge, fitness challenge, kettlebell, kettlebell challenge, kettlebell swings, kettlebells, lauren brooks, on the edge fitness, summer 2021