Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-16-21, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

1 mi run (in under 10 minutes even with walking the first minute!) and 10 min stretch on my own. Have a great day!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 01:47 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning + ICE RESE in the afternoon.

Vannie - Good job on the run. Enjoy the visit with your dad.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:29 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Today Judi and I ran/walked 4 miles. Seemed a bit cooler thankfully, but still humid. Then I went to Burn Boot Camp and we did upper body. We pretty much scorched all UB muscles but especially triceps, and mine were trembling at the end.

Vannie less than 10 minutes for a mile is great! Especially with a minute of walking to begin. Pat yourself on the back for sure. Running experts say 80% of your runs should be easy and conversational. Enjoy your time with your Dad.

Jbliff looks like we might get some rain from a tropical depression out in the Gulf.
It does not look like much yet but we always watch closely just in case. I think the weather folks said it may land around New Orleans as a possible tropical storm.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 06:07 AM  
Cher

Wednesday just went for a 30 minute walk later in the evening since I had WW in the morning. Surprised I only gained 1 lb. since mid April when I last weighted in before my vacation and my eye surgery. Yesterday walked for about 45 minutes. It was so nice outside I just couldn’t face the basement. Today it’s raining so will head down in a bit.

We got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday. Picked it yesterday. So far I love it! It drives so nice!

JBliff - Glad you got in some walks a stuff in between the rain on your trip. Do they dilate your eye when you get it checked? Do you drive yourself or have your DH take you?

Vannie - Dang, you do some long workouts! I used to always do an hour or a little over. Now I usually only do 30 - 50 minutes and sometimes that’s a push. . I really don’t enjoy it much anymore.

Karen - Hoping you don’t get to much rain from the tropical depression.

Supposed to go out on my SIL’s BF’s boat again tomorrow as long as the weather stays good. Supposed to boat to a restaurant to have lunch.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 07:31 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was High Reps which is an appropriately named workout since Cathe really fries you with the many reps.

Karjoy - Hopefully you'll get some nice rain. Did you see how dry it is getting out West? I am really concerned about how warm and dry some places are getting. We have been enjoying some cooler temps but it's supposed to heat up the rest of the week.

Cher
- They dilate your eyes every time they check the retina. I normally drive myself to the eye doctor. I wear super dark glasses and don't have to drive but a couple of miles. Enjoy your new car!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 02:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri check-in: 1.5 mi run and 30 minutes of stretch, foam roll and glute activation. My left calf cramped up on my run but foam rolling and stretching didn't release it so not sure what's up with that. I stay well hydrated. Hopefully it will work itself out.

Yesterday morning I was too tired to run after 3 nights of 9:10 starts for baseball games on the west coast plus I "have to" watch the post-game show so very late nights. I intended to run then last night but when I got ready to go my Garmin battery was dead so of course it was just impossible to run without that! So it was a rest day!

Karen, good reminder about 80% of your training runs being an easier pace. I never keep that in mind and generally try to beat my last run.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-18-21, 11:26 PM  
Vantreesta

My Garmin said my max cadence today was 227. That had to be a glitch, right??

Old 06-19-21, 02:03 PM  
Vantreesta

1 mile run in 8:56 with a 30 second walk at the beginning to get my armband situated. Calf is feeling better after sleeping so I just stretched and did glute activation, may foam roll later.

Old 06-19-21, 08:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Judi and I slogged through 5 miles run/walk intervals this am. I was going to do some weights but I just lacked the energy as I did not sleep well.

Jbliff we are not getting as much rain as we hoped but every bit helps and it should continue into tomorrow. It also briefly lowers the humidity and the temperature too. That heat and drought in the western states is downright scary.
I heard that the temperature at night is also very high and rises much more quickly in the morning than usual. Sounds terrible along with the drought. High reps sounds like our UB workout at Burn a couple days ago.

Vannie a 227 cadence does sound like it might be off a little, especially if your norm is not that high most of the time. Running is probably one of the most studied exercises. Yep, even elite runners do most training runs at an easy, conversational pace. You really shouldn’t train hard all the time apparently.

Cher that’s great that you gained only a pound. You must have been very careful with your eating. And congrats on your new vehicle! How fun. I don’t blame you for walking when it is so nice outside.

Waves to you Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote