Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-21, 08:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I must be in a slump again. I can't seem to find anything that's holding my interest. Trying to read The Other Emily by Dean Koontz and struggling with it. There are two others I'm going back and forth with but am not excited about either!
Annette, is that Koontz book part of a series? I really like Koontz but didn't particularly like the "Odd" character, so I stopped reading that series after 2 novels, and I haven't wanted to get into one of his other series. He doesn't seem to write many stand-alones any more.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 08:22 AM  
anetta

Thank you for posting the list difit

Looking forward the the new Janet Evanovich series put a hold on the book at the library.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 08:46 AM  
BunnyHop

I'm coming to the end of Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, both audio books.

Not sure what comes next, but I do have a Becky Chambers book to pick up when the need arises. I tend to cycle through those when nothing else seems interesting.
Old 06-02-21, 09:07 AM  
DD546

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Annette, is that Koontz book part of a series? I really like Koontz but didn't particularly like the "Odd" character, so I stopped reading that series after 2 novels, and I haven't wanted to get into one of his other series. He doesn't seem to write many stand-alones any more.
I really enjoyed the Jane Hawk series. I also like Dean Koontz stand-alones. He has so many books, so I still have many to read, and I usually pick them up cheap at a thrift store or library book sale.

I just finished up Chris Bojalian's new book "Hour of the Witch." I like his books, but this wasn't one of my favorites. I'm now reading Penny Vincenzi's "The Best of Times." I have read several of her books and always enjoy them.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 09:10 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
I really enjoyed the Jane Hawk series. I also like Dean Koontz stand-alones. He has so many books, so I still have many to read, and I usually pick them up cheap at a thrift store or library book sale.

I just finished up Chris Bojalian's new book "Hour of the Witch." I like his books, but this wasn't one of my favorites. I'm now reading Penny Vincenzi's "The Best of Times." I have read several of her books and always enjoy them.
Thanks; maybe I'll try the Jane Hawk series sometime. Which of Chris B's books do you like? I think I've only read Midwife.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-02-21, 09:18 AM  
DD546

Quote:
Thanks; maybe I'll try the Jane Hawk series sometime. Which of Chris B's books do you like? I think I've only read Midwife.
I really liked "The Double Bind." I think it was the first book of his that I read.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 10:17 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Trying to read The Other Emily by Dean Koontz and struggling with it.
My mother who reads everything he puts out except the Frankenstein series said she did not enjoy that one as much either.

I'm picking up and putting down several books as well, waiting for a few new releases to come up in my library holds. I'd buy them but they are all hardcovers and I'm really trying not to spend as much on books this year. In the meantime, I've been clearing some samples off of my Kindle app which also helps whittle down my TBR list.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 11:37 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
I think it is a stand-alone novel. This is the first Koontz book I've read in years so am not really sure but it doesn't make reference to any previous characters.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 12:20 PM  
alisoncooks

The hardest part of packing for vacation? Choosing the reading material! We're headed to the beach (camping) and that comes with lots of built-in reading time! I have loaded my kindle up, so I have lots of options.

(My kids don't have kindles, so they're seeing how many books --and sketchpads-- they can fit in their bags...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 02:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I finished Later! It was a quick read and I really enjoyed it. I actually liked the twist at the end; I thought that the book did a good job of leading up to this.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
audio, books, kindle, reading, summer reading