Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-07-21, 09:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: How to workout for -3cm arms in 2 weeks | No equipment (Yukiko)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzcv...E3%82%B0YUKIKO
YouTube: SQUAT CHALLENGE // 100 Reps (Heather Robertson) 5 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDu...atherRobertson
Essentrics

The 10 minute YouTube no-weights arm workout had a Tracy Anderson feel to it but I think TA arms is more effective. The instructor claims her workout toned her arms in 2 weeks which I think it B.S.

I liked the YouTube 5 minute 100 reps squat challenge because it was short and no-dread. I kept it low impact. I've noticed that it's been harder lately for me to get up from the floor and I don't like that so I want to work on my leg strength.

Cyana, when I was in high school, my hair was all one length and down to my butt! I don't wear my hair that long anymore, it's several inches below my shoulders so I can easily put it in a ponytail or bun when I exercise.

Beth, you had another nice week of varied workouts!

Pat, it's so cute to see mama bird take care of her baby.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 11:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

I hope all is well with everyone! I am way behind on personals.

I took a bit of a break from the internet. We had a nice camping weekend and then DS1, DIL, & the girls were up at the house a visit. We’ve seen them outside, but they hadn’t stayed with us for almost a year. It was so nice!

Last week I taught Essentrics, did lots of walking, some MELTing, but not much in the way of formal workouts. I got back at it on Saturday

Sat:
~15 min upper body on the power rider
~Cardio: neighbourhood Walk & 10 min each on rebound & glider
~MELT: Dowager’s hump map
~MFML: Easy Hip 2

Sunday:
~A friend’s level 4 Essentrics exam class video + worked on some new material for tomorrow’s class
~BellyFit: Wild Maiden
~MELT: upper body relaxation map

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 12:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks for that Heather R recommendation; I did that workout and this one too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUVE...atherRobertson

I am in an annoyed mood because I just found out that the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Essentials training that I was supposed to start this Saturday has been cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances." I get that things happen, and they have offered alternate dates, but I specifically chose this training b/c it fell during my summer break, and I had to re-arrange my Saturdays to do it. I don't know if I'll take one of the rescheduled dates (August, September, December) or if I'll look for something else.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 01:10 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I previewed and like that inner/outer thigh workout so thank you for posting it!! I bookmarked it.
Ah, sorry about the cancelled training that you had signed up for. It's disappointing especially when you rearranged your Saturdays for it.

Pam, welcome back! I'm glad you had a wonderful camping trip and were able to spend time with your DS1's family.
Old 06-07-21, 06:29 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

No workout yesterday.

Today's Workout: Segments 3 and 4 of Margaret Richard's Good For You. I also got in a 1-hour outdoor walk this morning -- my first since injuring my baby toe. The toe is doing a lot better, but is still a bit swollen.

After considerable thought, I came up with the following workout "template." I'll try it for a while and tweak if necessary:

Sunday: Stretch/rehab (walk)
Monday: Total body weights (walk)
Tuesday: Stretch/rehab (walk)
Wednesday: Upper body weights
Thursday: Lower body weights
Friday: Rest (walk)
Saturday: Wild card (whatever I want/need)

Am trying to increase my stretching, but since right now I'm still reluctant to work out more than 30 minutes most days it is a challenge.

Pat58: A local friend just got her first Covid shot. She had been unsure about the vaccine, plus her husband is very anti-vax. However, she didn't want to be the reason everyone else in her office still had to wear a mask!

Yogapam: Sounds like a wonderful break!

Paine: I am definitely in awe of anyone who cuts their own hair!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 07:10 PM  
cyana

Today:
YT LWR - Get Fit in 7 Days - 7 Minute HIIT posted 5.31.2021. Did the low impact versions of each exercise since I was using it as a warm-up.
BFR - wall squats with stability ball - 30 reps x 3 sets, bridge with feet on 4" step - 30 reps x 3 sets. Front-side-front raises with 3 lb DB - 30 reps x 2 sets (totally exhausted).
50 stability ball crunches, 50 back extension on stability ball
Stretching on my own

Sandra - I finally found my Fitness Fix DVD!

Beth - That is a bummer that your training class was canceled.

Paine - I wonder what my knees would "say" if I did that 100 squat work-out. Probably !

Pat - I truly don't know why I woke up yesterday with such a headache. Fortunately it eased up by the afternoon. I did not see the remaining egg in the original osprey nest today and I thought it was there yesterday. I'm glad you liked that humor link - I got a chuckle out of it!

Pam - Welcome back! I'm glad you got to spend some time with the girls.

Must run - working late this evening and needed to take a quick mental health break.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 11:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood & trail walk, lots of hills
~BellyFit: Lightening Strike - first 40 min
~Barre3: 10 min foam rolling core strength & balance
~MELT: Neck & Spine health map
~Beth’s Rainy Day Yoga on YT - This was very nice Beth! I did have to go down to my forearms for the last part of your all fours sequence as my wrists get cranky.

Beth - That’s frustrating to have your yoga therapy course postponed. I hope it works out for you.

Pat - I peeked at the nest today but didn’t see the baby. I hope it’s okay!

Sandra - Your rotation sounds great, a nice template you can play with that isn’t rigid.

Cyana - That was quite the impressive workout!

Paine - Hugging my granddaughters was the best gift ever!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 08:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, wonderful that you got to hug your granddaughters! Glad you liked the rainy day class, and as you know, forearms, is a perfectly fine variation! I am considering alternatives to the PYRY training, and one of the options I might do is some time of yoga for seniors program; I think this would benefit me in not only teaching yoga for seniors but also anyone who needs modifications. The "Yoga for Healthy Aging" group (Baxter Bell) has an excellent-looking training in October, but the timing isn't as good for me, and the cost is twice as much. I'm also considering this self-paced program:
https://www.teachingyogatoseniors.com/

cyana, have you heard of this "knees over toes" guy on YouTube? I saw a reference to him and was watching this video in which he talked about practicing deep knee flexion (similar to yin saddle pose) to strengthen the knees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a6nfG69c9g

Paine, I hadn't really done any of Heather Robertson's unweighted stuff (except her standing abs), so I'm glad to have those 2 options. I think I need to rearrange my saved YouTube playlists in order to be able to better find things!

Sandra, I like your template! Weren't you doing 2 workout sessions at one point? I am wondering if maybe it would work for you to add a short (10-15 min) stretching session at another time of the day - or even just 1-2 moves for an area you want to target, like your knees.

Pat, some of the Precision Kettlebells workouts look super-tough, so I am trying to pick the ones doable for me - the "grave digger" actually wasn't so bad since I didn't do as many reps as he did.

Very rainy here, but we need it! Happy Tuesday to all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I got back on my office movement challenge AND did some Margaret so I'm happy about that.

~ Office movement challenge - plies and biceps
~ The Body Electric Workout - abs, outers and inners
~ 5,500 steps

I much prefer the inner thigh exercises when done on the back. It feels like I have more control and can challenge myself more without the awkward side lying position.

Pam, I'm SO happy for you! Lightning Strike sounds fun.

Cyana, what is BFR? That series looks like a good workout.

Sandra, I like your template - you have all the bases covered.

Beth, what a bummer about the cancellation.

Paine - LOL about the BS arm workout. Nobody can fool a VF'er.

Have a great day everyone - try to stay

PS - my new avatar looks like a gray blob, but it's seagull footprints on the newly combed beach where I walk.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 10:11 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Inner + Outer Thigh Toning Workout // Low Impact, No Equipment 20 minute (Heather Robertson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUVE...atherRobertson
Rodney Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief (Soothe and Stretch practice)

I had to keep reminding myself to unclench my teeth during Rodney's practice.

Sandra, what will you do for your Stretch in your workout template? CS or something else?

Cyana, the 100 squat YouTube wasn't as bad as it sounds.

Pat, I like inner thigh exercise done on the back too.
I saw those seagull footprints in your avatar when you first put it up!

Pat and Pam, I didn't see baby osprey this morning either.

Beth, my YouTube workouts are all in my Fitness folder and they are a disorganized mess.