Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-04-21, 11:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a rest day.

Pat, yesterday I saw mama bird feeding her baby bird! It was so cute!
I like your avatar.
I watched a YouTube of someone trimming her hair so that's how I learned to trim my hair. It was this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEBx...eauty101byLisa
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 07:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

A late TGIF for me!

My wifi seemed to be better this morning when I did my workouts, thank goodness - but I still worked a DVD in there.

Sandra are you officially following another Jessica Smith rotation?

Paine YouTube is pretty handy for learning things like that!

Pat, I hope you're feeling better. I actually hadn't heard of that yoga DVD!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 12:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday everyone!

Last night was breezy and nice so I made myself go to the beach to walk before the muck rolls in. It was such a nice walk, mostly had the place to myself and it was sweet, fresh and serene. Very glad I did that.

This morning was notable for entering my WW meeting and masks are no longer mandatory!! Despite us being together every week for so long, having the masks off was like seeing old friends again and so refreshing. I wasn't happy with the scale after a week of barely moving, so that's a motivator to get back in action this week.

Must fly - waves everyone! Have a great Saturday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 09:14 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Yesterday was my planned rest day.

Today's Workout: Fitness Fix Sports Conditioning Upper Body. Haven't done this one in a long time and it felt good!

I've jettisoned Jessica Smith's Summer of Strength after only one week. When I looked at week 2 of SofS I wasn't attracted to it at all. I'm leery of injuring myself again like I did on the first day with Total Body from Walk Strong 3 -- somehow I *know* that's when I hurt my toe, with the sequence moving quickly from supermans to side planks. My bruised toe kept me from walking for a week. I'm now ready to be very, very picky about my workouts! I'm going to stick to ones I enjoy, that feel safe for my body, and that I believe are effective for me.

So there.

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow -- stay tuned!

Pat58: In California we are supposed to officially "reopen" on June 15, but details are still sketchy. It is also confusing in that CalOSHA just ruled that people in workplaces must still wear masks unless *all* employees are vaccinated. So of course any public place (like the library) means masking continues, for staff at least. Sigh.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 12:34 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went for a one mile walk this morning. Yesterday I had my family over inside my house for lunch! This was the first time I've had my family together since we moved here. All of us have had the covid vaccine (except for my 2 grandsons). I was so happy to be able to hug them all!

Sandra, I'm glad you are being more picky about your workouts so you don't get injured.
Slowly, things seem to be getting better here in covid-land.
Old 06-06-21, 01:34 PM  
cyana

Woke up with a slamming headache this AM. I'm hydrating, having a little caffeine and hoping to get in something on the gentle side - some yoga and/or qi gong - later this afternoon. The last half of the week was grueling at work, and my work-outs went totally off the rails. Unfortunately, the upcoming week will continue the status quo.

I was sorry to read about the crow attack on the osprey nest. I can't say that I'm totally surprised, as I'd peek in on the osprey cam and frequently note both parents were off the nest and not visible. It's easy to feel conflicted about crows...…they're so darned smart (DS has been teaching crows to find peanuts on their back deck), but attack so many nests (including one on my front porch last year).

We had the HVAC people out on Friday to check the main A/C. Unfortunately it still isn't cycling off properly, so we're going to have to call them again. What a pain.

Paine - Sounds like you had a nice get-together with your family yesterday. I'm impressed that you cut your hair. I've done bang trims on myself in years past, and even cut my brothers' hair but never my own. After my ill-fated journey into at-home coloring when I was around 17-18, I became a chicken when it came to hair stuff.

Sandra - Good for you for bailing on the new rotation if you didn't think it was a good fit. That was such a frustrating thing as I neared 60 - what my head wanted to do wasn't necessary what my body wanted/needed. While I feel like C/S - Essentrics can sometimes be like taking my medicine, I'm trying to embrace it and see if it can help with my wonky hips.

Beth - I may try your new rainy day video since Paine has given it her hearty endorsement - even though it isn't raining today.

Pat - Looks like you're having nice weather based on what I saw at the osprey cams today - hope you're out for a nice walk.

Need to cross some things off the to-do list. Hope to check back later with a work-out of some description. Waves to ALL.

Quick humor link I found on The Guardian - an extract from a new book "In My Defence, I Have No Defence": https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...n-up-apartment

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 04:24 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, my hair is all one length so it's a simple cut. If I miss a spot, I have my daughter touch it up in the back. I have never tried to color my hair! I cut all 3 of our kids' hair when they were growing up. I just observed closely when a stylist cut their hair and I thought "I can do that!" so I taught myself how to do it. I saved us a bundle cutting our kids' hair!
I hope your A/C gets fixed.
Old 06-06-21, 06:16 PM  
cyana

Today:
Beth's Rainy Day Yoga which was all floor and very relaxing. It's getting cloudy, so who knows, we could have some rain here soon. Nice job, Beth.

Paine - I haven't had long, one length hair since I was in high school, so I'd likely make a total mess of short, layered hair, LOL! Especially in the back and I'm sure DH would give me the "Oh, no, you aren't going to get me to participate in this operation!" look if I asked for assistance.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 07:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, sounds like it makes sense to seek something different in your workouts. Even though our governor dropped our mask mandate for those who are vaccinated, I think most stores/businesses are still requiring all of their employees to wear masks.

Paine, so happy for you that you got to have your family get together! We got together with DH's whole family today for the first time since Christmas 2019. Some of our nieces and nephews (all in the teens to early 20s range) looked quite different to us!

cyana, so sorry about the work woes and the headache today! Hope you are feeling better. Do you think the AC issues are contributing to your head hurting? I'm glad you found the rainy day (no rain needed!) yoga practice relaxing.

Here was my week:

Monday
ActiveMotion Bar (YT) - Yoga
Precision Kettlebells (YT) - The Grave Digger EMOM Finisher (4 rounds)
recumbent bike, 15m
Pilates with B (YT) - Pilates for "Desk Gremlins"

Tuesday
Yoga with Tim (YT) - Do This Every Morning
Precision Kettlebells (YT) - 30m Complete Workout Quick Upper Body
Yoga Ranger (YT) - Yin AM Yin Yoga for Side Waist

Wednesday
Yoga with Tim (YT) - Morning Hip Mobility Routine
LEKFit (YT) - 15m Arms
Kathryn Bruni Young (YT) - Mindful Strength, Triangle Pose Pre
Jessica Valent Pilates (YT) - 15m Pilates Workout for Women over 50

Thursday
Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long (YT) - 30D Pilates Body Challenge, Day 16, Upper Body
Amy's Beach Fitness (YT) - Hot Cardio Kettlebell & Abs (10m only, was having YT issues )
Annie Taylor Efremsky (YT) - 5# Summer Arm Workout

Friday
Precision Kettlebells (YT) - 5m Kettlebell AMRAP Finisher Booty Burner
Erin Wilson (YT) - Pilates Side Kick Series
Callanetics Express - Full Body Express
Yin Yoga with Mat (YT) - 20m Morning Yin Full Body Stretch

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga at studio

Sunday
Heather Robinson (YT) - 10m Standing Abs
Tracy Anderson (YT) - TA Method Express Arms & Shoulders
AM Yoga for Your Week - Back Bends

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 08:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone, Happy Moan Day! We're all moaning in CT, getting blasted with pollen, ozone and of course the heat wave. This weekend featured:

Saturday - Quick gym workout - 20 minutes recumbent, leg presses, lat rows and chest presses; 5,000 steps.

Sunday - Sarah Beth Yoga Deep Stretch Lower Back; short walk at university campus; 6,000 steps.

We tried to go to the beach yesterday but it was mobbed so we went over to the Avery Point campus and fortunately found a seat under a nice big tree where we could sit in comfort and watch the boats.

Paine, the baby is growing! Not trembling so much, he can hold is head up better. I saw the dad feed the mom too, what great parents. Yay for having the family over and having hugs!

Sandra, your restrictions are tighter than ours. I don't see how you can trust that people are really vaccinated, particularly with how politicized the mask thing is. Hopefully we're all free soon. I stopped using Jessica for the same reasons as you.

Hugs Cyana, do you think the pollen and ozone got you, too? I hope you feel better and get some relief soon. I think this osprey couple is very young, maybe first time. At work we are calling the father Deadbeat Dad. That link is hilarious, thank you!

Beth, I see you are into kettlebells too. Grave Digger sounds pretty !!!

I saw via FB that our Pam is enjoying spectacular views and what appears to be clear air and fresh breezes. I am jealous.

Hello to anyone who pops in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote